Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Compressed schedule will begin the weekend of 9/11/20

The question on everyone's mind was which game gets dropped...PSAC is considering eliminating the week 3 crossover contests. That's all I've heard.

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    The question on everyone's mind was which game gets dropped...PSAC is considering eliminating the week 3 crossover contests. That's all I've heard.
    IUP @ Shepherd in week 3. That would be a bummer to lose that one. Shepherd would avoid potentially IUP and Rock, save for the potential championship weekend where they are currently slated to see Rock in that last week.

Comment

Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

IUP @ Shepherd in week 3. That would be a bummer to lose that one. Shepherd would avoid potentially IUP and Rock, save for the potential championship weekend where they are currently slated to see Rock in that last week.
      That would stink ... IUP at Shepherd was one of the seasons marquee match-ups.

That would bump IUP (for now) down to 9 games as they didn't schedule a non-conf. game. Perhaps that changes now.

Comment

Dump week one?

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
          Dump week one?
          That would make the most logical sense, but logic has been in short supply in Lock Haven sometimes.
          Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Dump week one?
            Apparently, per posting on GLIAC, that's been taken care of for the FIGHTIN' SCOTS since GVSU has announced their season will begin on 9/19/20 eliminating games versus BORO and CSU-PUEBLO.

Comment

Week 3 has all of the Eastern Division teams traveling West. The longest bus trip for many of the teams. Not surprised if that's where the league decides to compress the schedule...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                Week 3 has all of the Eastern Division teams traveling West.
                The league schedule has half and half. Lock Haven, Millersville, Shepherd and Shippensburg are home, as are Edinboro, Gannon, Mercyhurst and Seton Hill.

http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Apologies Matt...I only wrote the info I was given...I failed to actually look at the schedule myself. You are correct...

Comment

The current schedule has

Week 2 (9/12): All West at East
                    Week 3 (9/19): Split - four West at East/four East at West
                    Week 11 (11/14) All East at West

Naturally, this is subject to change, but I'm still convinced Week 1 games will be the games dropped from the schedule.
                    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
                      The current schedule has

Week 2 (9/12): All West at East
                      Week 3 (9/19): Split - four West at East/four East at West
                      Week 11 (11/14) All East at West

Naturally, this is subject to change, but I'm still convinced Week 1 games will be the games dropped from the schedule.
                      It makes the most sense as that's one more week to stall "officially" reporting. However, what makes sense typically isn't the outcome.

Most of the West went Green today. Let the chaos begin.

Comment

Nobody asked me, but ...

I think the priority should be limiting travel as much as possible. Specifically overnight trips and long bus rides.

What I would do is get rid of Week 0 (Sept. 5) and replace the first two crossover games (Sept. 12 and 19) with rematches of the last two scheduled division games, then keep Week 10 (Nov. 14) as-is with hope that things will be safer than they are now.

Schedule game times late enough (no earlier than 3 p.m.) so that nobody needs to stay overnight. Teams bus home late at night all the time, which is better than busing across the state on Friday for a noon Saturday game.

Using IUP as an example, they would play, in order, Edinboro, Seton Hill, Mercyhurst, Gannon, Clarion, Slippery Rock, California, Edinboro, Seton Hill and West Chester.

I realize that some schools will get a tougher draw than others (Seton Hill would play Cal and IUP twice). But remember that sometimes teams get a tougher draw in crossovers than others, so an "unfair" aspect has always been there. This year IUP was scheduled to play Kutztown, Shepherd and West Chester a year after getting Lock Haven, Millersville and Shippensburg.

This isn't a perfect plan, but it allows for 10 games and a little bit safer conditions.

http://www.indianagazette.com
                        www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post
                          Nobody asked me, but ...

I think the priority should be limiting travel as much as possible. Specifically overnight trips and long bus rides.

What I would do is get rid of Week 0 (Sept. 5) and replace the first two crossover games (Sept. 12 and 19) with rematches of the last two scheduled division games, then keep Week 10 (Nov. 14) as-is with hope that things will be safer than they are now.

Schedule game times late enough (no earlier than 3 p.m.) so that nobody needs to stay overnight. Teams bus home late at night all the time, which is better than busing across the state on Friday for a noon Saturday game.

Using IUP as an example, they would play, in order, Edinboro, Seton Hill, Mercyhurst, Gannon, Clarion, Slippery Rock, California, Edinboro, Seton Hill and West Chester.

I realize that some schools will get a tougher draw than others (Seton Hill would play Cal and IUP twice). But remember that sometimes teams get a tougher draw in crossovers than others, so an "unfair" aspect has always been there. This year IUP was scheduled to play Kutztown, Shepherd and West Chester a year after getting Lock Haven, Millersville and Shippensburg.

This isn't a perfect plan, but it allows for 10 games and a little bit safer conditions.
                          I think Seton Hill would be safer battling the Cornavirus than playing IUP and Cal twice.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Apparently, per posting on GLIAC, that's been taken care of for the FIGHTIN' SCOTS since GVSU has announced their season will begin on 9/19/20 eliminating games versus BORO and CSU-PUEBLO.
                            That MAY come to be, but as of now, that is GV's opening HOME game. Been that way for a bit. I've heard so many options and that's what they are. Heck, in Michigan, we're still not sure when games can be played due to our Governor, then whatever the Conf (GLIAC) decides.

Comment

Philadelphia Street was alive and packed last night. Nice to see it booming again.

As for the 50 percent enforecement ... yikes.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X