Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

That would make the most logical sense, but logic has been in short supply in Lock Haven sometimes.
    Sometimes?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Sometimes?
      Nation, where've you been, man? Has your internet been down or something?

Comment

I want to see the return of football as soon as possible. I do worry about safety of the players and fans. It would ruin a team if one or two players test positive in the middle of the season or during the playoff run.

Go Indians.

Comment

Originally posted by Tdobson View Post
          I want to see the return of football as soon as possible. I do worry about safety of the players and fans. It would ruin a team if one or two players test positive in the middle of the season or during the playoff run.

Go Indians.
          I wonder if you'll see smaller numbers of players suiting up especially going to away games. Really no reason to jam 75-90 players on a bus when realistically 50-60 will see any playing time. Who knows what the usual size of a travel team is in D2 football?

Comment

Sometimes?
            Yeah, I was being generous. Maybe too generous.
            Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I wonder if you'll see smaller numbers of players suiting up especially going to away games. Really no reason to jam 75-90 players on a bus when realistically 50-60 will see any playing time. Who knows what the usual size of a travel team is in D2 football?
              The travel roster limit for D2 is 58, unless that changed over the past few years.
              Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

The limit is still 58 which allows for a 2 deep along with a few extra reserves. Since most teams travel with two buses it won't be too crowded as generally it's 56 seats on a bus and if need be the schools could spring for a van for equipment manager & team physician to travel since division games most schools travel the day of game to save on hotel and meal cost.

Comment

I don't generally ride with the team buses, but when I do, there's always several coaches on each bus, as well as student trainers. Those buses have a few empty seats, but not enough empty seats to allow for social distancing. Keep dreaming guys...

Comment

NCAA announced 6-week prep plan for Football yesterday. It includes a 2-week walk-through period before practices begin. I'd bet there will be restrictions on fans in the stands, but that's not the NCAA's concern.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Nation, where've you been, man? Has your internet been down or something?
                      Just been posting on the OT.

Comment

Just been posting on the OT.
                        If I could find that I would read it.

Comment

Travel is an easy fix. Add a bus "if" required. Cost of doing business.

Or, they can wear body-size Trojans.

Comment

How many can ride on one bus? In your plan...And where does the money for extra bus(es) come from? For example only, the PIAA released travel protocols for teams that says: "When on a bus, social distancing is needed with no two athletes sitting in the seats next to each other."
                            Last edited by WarriorVoice; 06-09-2020, 04:59 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              How many can ride on one bus? In your plan...And where does the money for extra bus(es) come from?
                              What's your plan if there isn't a vaccine?

Comment

Fortunately, I don't have to make a decision for anyone but me. In the PA plan to reopen, even the Green phase has indoor restrictions of 50% capacity. Let's use that as a plan which means double the buses, and you need 4 locker rooms. It also limits large gatherings to 250, so crowds would be smaller. I'm not in favor of anyone being put at risk, but that's a standard I can only set for myself...The Governor will set the terms for fans in the stands and School Presidents will decide the policies and procedures for students...We can only wait and see...
                                Last edited by WarriorVoice; 06-09-2020, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X