Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Pitt and Boston College are calling it a season. Both announced they will forgo accepting bowl invites.
    I call that very smart. Enough is enough. No more need to risk these young men and it will be good for them to get home for the holidays with their families. It's been a long enough season.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I call that very smart. Enough is enough. No more need to risk these young men and it will be good for them to get home for the holidays with their families. It's been a long enough season.
      Neither was good enough to be in a good bowl anyways.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Neither was good enough to be in a good bowl anyways.
        No requirement for bowl games this year. A team could be 1-8 and is allowed to go (if invited).

It will give new meaning to 'some crappy bowl'.

Comment

No requirement for bowl games this year. A team could be 1-8 and is allowed to go (if invited).

It will give new meaning to 'some crappy bowl'.
          garbage.com bowl... Only people that care are the gamblers!

Comment

• Arizona State 70
            Arizona 7

Probably safe to say the Kevin Sumlin era in the desert is over.

Old Herm played to win the game last night.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

garbage.com bowl... Only people that care are the gamblers!
              IMO serious gamblers will be extremely skeptical of the lines on a lot of these games. If you can get it the safest bet will be GO/NO GO on the game itself.

Comment

Arizona State 70
                Arizona 7

And Sumlin just got fired.

Comment

Arizona State 70
                  Arizona 7

LOL. Hello, you PLAY to WIN the GAME!

Any chance Pitt moves on from Narduzzi? 6-5 is year six is not that impressive. Granted it was a tough year for everybody. I would probably bring him back all things considered and with the fat contract---but I would make a move if there were a homerun obvious choice for an upgrade.

Comment

• USC at UCLA ... classic.

Comment

LOL. Hello, you PLAY to WIN the GAME!

Any chance Pitt moves on from Narduzzi? 6-5 is year six is not that impressive. Granted it was a tough year for everybody. I would probably bring him back all things considered and with the fat contract---but I would make a move if there were a homerun obvious choice for an upgrade.
                      I don't think so mostly because he's owed a lot of money. I also think most coaches should get a pass for this season. Pitt needs continuity and you only get that with stability on the coaching staff. Narduzzi is far from perfect but he's not a bad coach either.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I don't think so mostly because he's owed a lot of money. I also think most coaches should get a pass for this season. Pitt needs continuity and you only get that with stability on the coaching staff. Narduzzi is far from perfect but he's not a bad coach either.
                        Yeah, I think he gets a pass this season with all things considered. But I think one more lackluster season and he will be in real trouble.

Comment

USC at UCLA ... classic.
                          Darn, I forgot this was even on. I seemed to have moved on from college football to hoops. I always enjoy Trojans-Bruins mixing it up out in LA.

Does Clay Helton keep his job? I'd say that he should as they are unbeaten. But there was sure a lot of smoke early on about his seat being red hot.

Comment

Yeah, I think he gets a pass this season with all things considered. But I think one more lackluster season and he will be in real trouble.
                            I agree. I'm biased because I would like to see coaches given opportunities to adjust their plan. Too many schools throwing away millions in their own kind of retail therapy.

Comment

• Narduzzi has made Pitt a very consistent 6-7 win team.

He also lost two games this year by two combined points.

Sometimes it just is what it is. PSAC football comparison ... Pitt is Mercyhurst. Capable of a big upset but usually a game above .500

Whipple needs put on a raft down the Ohio.

Comment

Narduzzi has made Pitt a very consistent 6-7 win team.

He also lost two games this year by two combined points.

Sometimes it just is what it is. PSAC football comparison ... Pitt is Mercyhurst. Capable of a big upset but usually a game above .500

Whipple needs put on a raft down the Ohio.
                                I certainly would hate to see the Pitt brass pull the plug on Narduzzi's special brand of mediocrity.

Whipple absolutely needs shown the door. They need to lure Matt Canada back. What is Junior doing these days? Maybe they could return him to Oakland?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X