Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Illinois hires Brett Bielema. Should be interesting to see what he can do.
    The other big buzz is NFL teams are very high on Northwestern's Pat Fitzgerald. They better do all they can to keep him. It's not easy to win there -- and he's like royalty there being a former star player, etc.

The Fighting Rece Davis's

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
      Illinois hires Brett Bielema. Should be interesting to see what he can do.
      I never understood why he left Wisconsin as he seemed to have a pretty good thing going there.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Clemson had its star LB out, too, in the first meeting.

Trevor is about impossible tocontain at the college level. He's got an (accurate) cannon. He has near tailback speed when he takes off. He doesn't get rattled. And, when he plays, you can't suffocate their star RB. Give him an inch and he's gone.

Trevor has actually hinted at returning to Clemson next year (as opposed to going to the dumpster organization Jets).
        LOL. Yeah, that would be funny if he did go back to Clemson instead of the crappy J-E-T-S. Certainly there is precedence for such a thing as Andrew Luck went back to Stanford and bypassed the Panthers which I never quite understood.

But one is for sure---whether he wears Jets green or not --Trevor will have plenty of green on him real soon.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I never understood why he left Wisconsin as he seemed to have a pretty good thing going there.
          He made $2.4m at Wisconsin.

Arkansas lured him with $4.2m per.

Comment

LOL. Yeah, that would be funny if he did go back to Clemson instead of the crappy J-E-T-S. Certainly there is precedence for such a thing as Andrew Luck went back to Stanford and bypassed the Panthers which I never quite understood.

But one is for sure---whether he wears Jets green or not --Trevor will have plenty of green on him real soon.
            He could get drafted, not sign and demand a trade. Others have done that... Eli Manning...

OR come out and before the draft out right say I don't want to play for the JETS. He'd get booed royally every time he went there to play. hahaha

Comment

He made $2.4m at Wisconsin.

Arkansas lured him with $4.2m per.
              Okay, money talks once more. I always wondered what it was all about. Thanks.

It seemed like for a time there that darn Badgers job was coming open every month and it cost Pitt Chryst.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

He could get drafted, not sign and demand a trade. Others have done that... Eli Manning...

OR come out and before the draft out right say I don't want to play for the JETS. He'd get booed royally every time he went there to play. hahaha
                Yes, John Elway and Kid Manning did pull that ploy of draft me if you like but I'm not playing for you. He could do that, too. Maybe if the dweeby Jets would just get some good ownership, front office and coaching it might be a good place. LOL. Nice market there anyways.

Comment

Okay, money talks once more. I always wondered what it was all about. Thanks.

It seemed like for a time there that darn Badgers job was coming open every month and it cost Pitt Chryst.
                  Money and the lure of the mighty SEC. Many coaches vanish quickly in the SEC. The pressure to win immediately is insane.

Auburn is the one I'm watching. That place is nuts. There's buzz they are targeting Lane Kiffin (who has been at Ole Miss one season).

Comment

Money and the lure of the mighty SEC. Many coaches vanish quickly in the SEC. The pressure to win immediately is insane.

Auburn is the one I'm watching. That place is nuts. There's buzz they are targeting Lane Kiffin (who has been at Ole Miss one season).
                    Lame Kiffin. LOL. He reminds me of the guy who is a total azz beep but for some odd reason or another always dates one of the real pretty girls in town. Go figure.

That would be a great doctoral dissertation to learn what folks seem to see in Kiffin. Yeah, good offensive mind and everything but clearly has some things really lacking as well.

Comment

• Geez! Just when you think you can count on the JETS to suck across the board they can't even do that right either. They win today at the Rams. Go figure. Somebody see if Trevor wants to play for the Jags.

Comment

• It would be interesting to see how the four playoff teams handle the upcoming weeks prior to the games. Will they let kids go home for Christmas? You'd assume they have to let them go home but man would that make me nervous as a coach. If I was Dabo I think I'd have Trevor Lawrence wrapped up bubble wrap and wearing a Darth Vader helmet 24-7.

Clemson and Ohio State should be a good one. Alabama will smack the shiz out of ND.

Comment

The SEC is where you go to get paid to die. Every single job is a meat grinder. So much money flowing that they all expect to win championships. Except Vanderbilt.

Comment

• Unrelated, Stuart Mandel is now saying this is the year to blow up the model and move to a full playoff. I agree. We'll miss watching the bowl games around New Years but it's time.

Full playoff.
                            Every FBS conference.
                            NCAA coordinated.

I'd suggest first round at the higher seed campus.

Comment

• Team TikTok looked great again last night.

Comment

Team TikTok looked great again last night.
                                -Tomlin. I would have fired his standard is the standard azz years ago. He's not varsity enough. Always loses to a 2-11 type team and I believe this is the third consecutive season the Stillers are now in a late-season collapse. The guy doesn't have what it takes to unleash hell in December. And why is he allowing JuJu to do all that stupid moron dancing on the other team's logo during the warmups? Enough is enough. Next man up.

-Big Ben. The guy is a legend. And he had a great first part of the season---but now his arm looks so suspect and worn. Reminds me of Peyton Manning at the very end of his last season. The arm just wasn't there. He needs some rest. Why not just let him take a game or two off. His $41 million cap hit next year is something that needs to be addressed very soon once we get to off season business.

-JuJu. Nice fumble after getting blown up right near the Bengals team emblem at midfield where you danced just an hour or two before. Are you 12? A man doesn't conduct business that way.

- Bud Dupree. Goodness the Stillers miss him and that nasty bookend rush that he provides in tandem with Watt. Bring him back. Tag him again or whatever you have to do. He is a must have.

-Robert Spillane. He was an amazing replacement for Devin Bush. They need to try and get him back for the playoffs. They also need Vince Williams back off the Covid list.

-Eric Ebron. He's the best TE the Stillers have had since the days of Heath Miller. His drops and injuries make me want to see the black and gold draft a stud TE next April.

-James Conner. Yet another year where he can't finish the season. Steelers need a stud RB next April.

-Offensive line. Nice to see them get pushed around once more. I see that Pouncey and DeCastro made the Pro Bowl. Shows how you make that on past laurels. They are still decent but not what they once were. The injuries are taking a toll with this unit. Probably need some new blood at some point.

-Defense got smoked by a third string QB. The injuries to the LB corps have been utterly devastating.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X