• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rich Rod new OC at Louisiana-Monroe.

Lordy. Talk about an epic fall.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Eagles fire Doug Pederson. I don't think he gets to take that improved draft pick with him.
      I think he gets to take Nate Sudfeld with him per his severance agreement. LOL.

I have to say that I am really surprised that the Iggles parted ways with Pederson three years after winning the SB.

Wish the black and gold would part ways with Coach Coach Speak. But gotta love his post mortem after the Browns loss----"We were the fruit that died on the vine."

How many more squandered seasons will Stillers brass permit from this guy?

Like the one Pittsburgh sports writer wrote on the latest playoff flub----"It's the most embarrassing playoff loss since their last most embarrassing playoff loss."

Give up 48 points to the Browns with 28 in the first quarter. Three years ago they gave up 45 to the Jags when they made Blake Bortles look like the reincarnation of Joe Freakin Montana.

Just a total and complete bag of utter frustration. I have no idea what the Rooneys see in this guy. He can't even manage a clock or know when to kick the PAT or go for two.

Comment

Bill O'Brien rumored to be leading candidate for Alabama O.C.
        i think anyone of us could be the Bama OC to be honest and they would not miss a beat. The talent there is incredible. Pitt only wishes they had their third string players!

Is Southern Columbia's QB Stone Hollenbach still on the Bama roster?

I was coming down off of Penn View Mountain today into Blairsville and saw the big Pitt football 18-wheeler and trailer parked near 22 before you get into town. I wonder what the heck it was doing there?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

i think anyone of us could be the Bama OC to be honest and they would not miss a beat. The talent there is incredible. Pitt only wishes they had their third string players!

Is Southern Columbia's QB Stone Hollenbach still on the Bama roster?

I was coming down off of Penn View Mountain today into Blairsville and saw the big Pitt football 18-wheeler and trailer parked near 22 before you get into town. I wonder what the heck it was doing there?
          Off topic but did you see West Shamokin beat the p!ss out of IHS last night in boys hoops? They hung 30+ on them.

Remember when the PSAC played basketball?

Comment

Off topic but did you see West Shamokin beat the p!ss out of IHS last night in boys hoops? They hung 30+ on them.

Remember when the PSAC played basketball?
            Ouch! That's not good if you're big bad Indiana. LOL.

My niece and nephews are in the West Shamokin district and they do have a fairly progressive feeder elementary program. It must be paying off.

Comment

Marino's stock, as the legend goes, fell prior to the draft due to reports of drug use -- despite having never failed any tests, no arrests, etc..
              IRC, Chuck Noll felt that Marino had to get away from Pittsburgh and all the" hometown distractions" to develop as a pro and didn't think it was in Marino's best interest to be drafted by the Steelers. I think Shula also said that getting out of Pittsburgh and going to Miami was the best thing that could have happened to Marino at the time. My room mates at IUP went to Central Catholic and we went to see Marino play his last high school game at Central. Even though they lost, you could just tell he was way more talented everyone else on that field. My room mates related that Marino was a top notch pitcher for Central and could throw a baseball as well as he could a football.

Comment

Ouch! That's not good if you're big bad Indiana. LOL.

My niece and nephews are in the West Shamokin district and they do have a fairly progressive feeder elementary program. It must be paying off.
                Two years in a row IHS scheduled a Heritage team in non-conference and lost. They are in a rough cycle of male sports right now.

Comment

Two years in a row IHS scheduled a Heritage team in non-conference and lost. They are in a rough cycle of male sports right now.
                  They should take their rightful place in the Heritage Conference. They are certainly not what they once were.

It happens. It would have been crazy to have Northern Cambria in the conference at one time as well. But things and times they change.

Comment

• OT, but the MAC is going to wrestle this winter. That means Edinboro, Clarion, Lock Haven, and Bloomsburg are probably wrestling. Edinboro released a schedule and it's all away matches. No tournaments.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      OT, but the MAC is going to wrestle this winter. That means Edinboro, Clarion, Lock Haven, and Bloomsburg are probably wrestling. Edinboro released a schedule and it's all away matches. No tournaments.
                      Good for them. The rest of the collegiate world (and high school) is playing sports.

Comment

• Bama witch-slapping the Buckeyes was the lowest rated (TV) championship game in the past 23 years.

Comment

Bama witch-slapping the Buckeyes was the lowest rated (TV) championship game in the past 23 years.
                          Well then a lot of folks missed seeing something really special that the Tide had. That offense was simply unreal. Talent just dripping all over.

Comment

Well then a lot of folks missed seeing something really special that the Tide had. That offense was simply unreal. Talent just dripping all over.
                            They better be careful or FBS might institute a Crimson Tide Rule.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                              OT, but the MAC is going to wrestle this winter. That means Edinboro, Clarion, Lock Haven, and Bloomsburg are probably wrestling. Edinboro released a schedule and it's all away matches. No tournaments.
                              The Boro schedule is not yet on their website. Where did you see this schedule? Inside info?

It's funny, I just looked at the Boro wrestling website last night to see if there were any changes.

Of the four, Clarion is wrestling. They put together a schedule a few weeks ago. Over the weekend they got annihilated by Navy, where LHU grad Cary Kolat is the new HC.

As the other teams (B1G, Big 12, ACC, and non-PSAC MAC) have begun competition it is frustrating (as a LHU fan) because it now seems like the LH/Bloom/Boro wrestlers are being left out. That not only affects this season but, you would think, individual and program development for the future.

Aside from intercollegiate competition in D1, the wrestling world is wrestling. Many of the LHU wrestlers who also compete in freestyle work out with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club in State College which is probably the best competition you'll find. A few recently participated in the Pittsburgh Regional Training Center meet (associated with Pitt Wrestling) in Pgh.

Absolutely, I hope these teams can get authorized to compete this year. I haven't seen anything about it, though. I'll look through some of the wrestling forums.

Comment

• They published something on their Twitter account and it was retweeted by the Athletics account. It has:

Jan 23 Intrasquad

Jan 29 @ Cleveland State
                                Feb 3 @ Clarion

Feb 7 @Buffalo/Central Michigan (hosted by Buffalo)

Feb 12 @Ken State/Northern Illinois (hosted by Kent State)

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X