Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bart View Post

The only surprise is Bloom ahead of Lock Haven. Only Edinboro, Clarion, and Bloom with NCAA qualifiers.
    Yes, the MAC tourney being the 1st competition of the season for LH didn't work out. I think the lack of competition hurt.

Some guys definitely underperformed. Also, they didn't field their "A" team at some weights and 1 wrestler move up a weight to fill out the lineup. They didn't have a heavyweight and their heavyweight has AA potential but he's had health problems. Don't know what his status is but they might have just held him out for precautionary reasons.

Still, it did give these guys a chance to compete.

With the time off, Coach Moore has been putting a lot of effort into the MatTown USA club and the Regional Training Center (RTC). With nationally ranked recruiting classes coming in, the future is very bright for LHU. Don't be fooled by these results.

Great to see Edinboro and Clarion finish 5th and 7th in the team standings.
    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 02-28-2021, 12:09 PM.

Comment

• Duquesne (football) has signed to play at Florida State to open the 2022 season.

Wonder when the P5 team 3 miles away will play them?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Duquesne (football) has signed to play at Florida State to open the 2022 season.

Never. Although that may sell some tickets.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Never. Although that may sell some tickets.
          What's insane is that Pittsburgh will pay Youngstown State and Villanova to come to Heinz field but not Duquesne who are closer and would probably bring as many if not more fans than YSU and Nova.

Comment

Duquesne (football) has signed to play at Florida State to open the 2022 season.

That will definitely be a life time experience for those players to play at FSU in front of 80k fans and while they're probably going to get hammered by 50+ none the less not many college football players can say they played at that historical stadim

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

What's insane is that Pittsburgh will pay Youngstown State and Villanova to come to Heinz field but not Duquesne who are closer and would probably bring as many if not more fans than YSU and Nova.
              Pitt could play Robert Morris, too, but as FS82 said they probably never will.

Bobby Mo gave James Madison a pretty good game yesterday.

Comment

• President at St. Bonaventure died overnight from Covid.

Comment

• Mercyhurst transfer RB Garrett Owens is listed as RB1 for Duquesne's opener today.

Comment

• Les Miles is out at Kansas amid the recent LSU allegations.

Comment

Les Miles is out at Kansas amid the recent LSU allegations.
                      And somehow after a year or two he will be given a shot to revive his career at a D1 program. Wouldn't surprise me if he was tapped to replace Freeze at Liberty when he leaves for a big time program in 2022 or 2023.

Comment

And somehow after a year or two he will be given a shot to revive his career at a D1 program. Wouldn't surprise me if he was tapped to replace Freeze at Liberty when he leaves for a big time program in 2022 or 2023.
                        Maybe. He is 67 (I was shocked to read he was that old).

Comment

Wouldn't that be rich. Liberty hired the AD who worked to cover up football sexual misconduct allegations at Baylor.

Comment

Wouldn't that be rich. Liberty hired the AD who worked to cover up football sexual misconduct allegations at Baylor.
                            What a run at Baylor over the past 20 years.

The basketball murder scandal was the dirtiest cover-up I've ever seen.

Add the recent Art Briles era ... what a disaster.

Comment

What a run at Baylor over the past 20 years.

The basketball murder scandal was the dirtiest cover-up I've ever seen.

Add the recent Art Briles era ... what a disaster.
                              And yet still not the worst things to have ever happened in Waco.

Comment

And yet still not the worst things to have ever happened in Waco.
                                Thank God for Chip Gaines.

I visited the site of the Branch Davidson Compound outside of Waco about two years ago. I was there for a work trip and took a cruise out one afternoon. It's a good 10 miles or so outside of Waco ... middle of nowhere.

I don't believe in ghosts and stuff but it's a pretty creepy place. There's still so much divide there all these years later over the incident.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X