Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Pickett has now shifted to being "undecided" on playing in the Peach Bowl. Probably waiting to find out who will be calling plays.
    Yes, very likely. When the Whipple news came down, I assumed this was possible. They were always a package deal in terms of his return.

Comment

Pickett has now shifted to being "undecided" on playing in the Peach Bowl. Probably waiting to find out who will be calling plays.
      I sure as heck would highly question it.

Blown knee and Round 1 is a memory -- along with all that $$$.

He got Pitt the conference title. The MSU who-cares bowl is meaningless.

When your a Round 1 guy ... better think long and hard about playing in a non-playoff bowl game.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

When your a Round 1 guy ... better think long and hard about playing in a non-playoff bowl game.
        I disagree with you on the bowl. Peach Bowl is an upper level bowl game and against Michigan State, a quality opponent. The Heisman voting will have already taken place but he can greatly put on a display before the draft. There are a lot of people who doubt his elite status.

Comment

I disagree with you on the bowl. Peach Bowl is an upper level bowl game and against Michigan State, a quality opponent. The Heisman voting will have already taken place but he can greatly put on a display before the draft. There are a lot of people who doubt his elite status.
          I don't think he's an elite NFL prospect. But, his timing is very good. It's not a great class.

And, it's certainly not our signing bonus dangling in front of him, either.

Without Whipple calling the offense geared around him, it could also be a disaster.

I think he has a tough decision to make. I don't know that beating MSU and playing well elevates him any higher than he already is on many boards.

Comment

I don't think he's an elite NFL prospect. But, his timing is very good. It's not a great class.

And, it's certainly not our signing bonus dangling in front of him, either.

Without Whipple calling the offense geared around him, it could also be a disaster.

I think he has a tough decision to make. I don't know that beating MSU and playing well elevates him any higher than he already is on many boards.
            I agree. Coaches should use bowls as exhibition games to see what they have for next year, like a spring game against an opponent. They mean NOTHING unless your in the playoff. Pitt won the ACC, has a heisman finalist. What they do in the bowl can't take away the fantastic season they've had.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

I agree. Coaches should use bowls as exhibition games to see what they have for next year, like a spring game against an opponent. They mean NOTHING unless your in the playoff. Pitt won the ACC, has a heisman finalist. What they do in the bowl can't take away the fantastic season they've had.

Comment

Comment

• He did finish the job, the ACC championship. I'd rather see Patti play as a precursor to see what next year's QB might look like. Time for Pitt to move on from KP8 and KP8 to move on from Pitt. The only bowls that matter now are the semi-final and the final. If Pitt was in one of those bowls there'd be no one talking about will he play or will he not play.

Comment

The only upper level bowl games this season are the ones that have Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, and/or Cincinnati playing in them.

Comment

• Originally posted by CHIP72 View Post

The only upper level bowl games this season are the ones that have Alabama, Michigan, Georgia, and/or Cincinnati playing in them.
                      That's a bit extreme. "The only goal is to win a championship" but for a fan.

Comment

• I'd like to see his play and Pitt to beat Michigan St

Comment

• IUP alum Dan Radakovich is the new AD at Miami.

He had been the AD at Clemson for some time now.

Comment

• The two semi final games just became irrelevant. Cobra Kai season 4 drops on New Years Eve.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post
                              The two semi final games just became irrelevant. Cobra Kai season 4 drops on New Years Eve.
                              No mercy

Comment

That is what a pro day and combine is for; Sparty's secondary is terrible, so any numbers would not really mean much.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X