Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Edinboro is 0-1 against North Dakota State, a 45-32 loss in the 1989 playoffs. Historically, Edinboro is 6-7 all-time versus teams that are now FBS and 7-9 all-time versus teams that are now FCS. 35-41-3 against schools now D3.
    Ship lost to ND State 18-6 in the second round of the 1981 playoffs. Score was tied 6-6 at halftime. They beat James Madison that year, 33-27, after Madison had already gone FCS. Lost to Madison the next year and of course do not play them these days. They beat JMU again in '83 and were 5-5 against them up to that time. For some reason, they decided to play them again in 1996 and took a pretty good beating. Haven't played them since. It was pretty much just large school and small school in those days — not so many divisions.

Comment

• Live from Heinz Field (or, whatever the hell they call it now) ...

Pray for the police tonight. This place is insane. Gonna be some crap later and in the stands.

Comment

• WVU two fluke catches has changed whole game. What a half.

Comment

• Lol ... here wo go. S.O.P.

Same. Old. Pitt.

Comment

• Pitt’s offense is deplorable. No rhythm at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
              Pitt’s offense is deplorable. No rhythm at all.
              Been a fluke game. WVU caught some prayers. Pitt dropped some TDs.

Comment

• Holy Pitt

Comment

• Pitt and WVU are both really good. Will they get up like that every week? Probably not.

Both got beat up tonight. Could see a hangover for Pitt next week. The Vols will be out for revenge. Pitt laid it all out tonight.

Both teams played well enough to win tonight.

Wildest ending for Pitt since '87 when Billy Owens had the big Pick 6 to seal the win against PSU.

Incredible ending.

Comment

• The receiver, number 0, for WVU is a stud.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                      The receiver, number 0, for WVU is a stud.
                      That kid made some unbelievable plays.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                        Pitt and WVU are both really good. Will they get up like that every week? Probably not.

Both got beat up tonight. Could see a hangover for Pitt next week. The Vols will be out for revenge. Pitt laid it all out tonight.

Both teams played well enough to win tonight.

Wildest ending for Pitt since '87 when Billy Owens had the big Pick 6 to seal the win against PSU.

Incredible ending.
                        Great game but I don't know if I call those teams really good. Both have a lot of work to do and plenty of holes. Pitt may end up 1-1 after next week. Tennessee is really talented.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Great game but I don't know if I call those teams really good. Both have a lot of work to do and plenty of holes. Pitt may end up 1-1 after next week. Tennessee is really talented.
                          First game stuff that both will fix. That's a real big stage for a first game with no preseason exhibitions.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That kid made some unbelievable plays.
                            He was insane all night ... with one major exception.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                              Lol ... here wo go. S.O.P.

Same. Old. Pitt.
                              Actually, what impressed me most was it wasn’t Pitt that made the awful play that cost them the game. The ball going through the WVU player’s hands resulting in a pick six is a play that typically happens to Pitt. This time the ball bounced their way and it was the difference between a win and a loss.

I had a great time bouncing back and forth between the Pitt and Penn State games, except both were very entertaining and you couldn’t just settle on one game. As mentioned earlier in the thread, it’s hard to say how good any of these teams are after Week 1. Penn State looked great at times, and awful at others. Still, they did enough to get a road win against a very good Purdue team. Pitt wasn’t pretty, but made the big plays when necessary and beat a rival at home. I think we’ll all have a better handle on the quality of these teams after weeks two and three.

Comment

• So much for Oregon. Ducks getting walloped by UGA.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X