Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

You knew they were going to choke. It was inevitable.
    Michigan choked but OSU played their tails off. Georgia is awesome!

Comment

• Michigan choked but TCU earned that win by choking less LOL! What a turnaround for TCU and how far they've come from Mountain West darling to Big 12 leader. If TCU wins, even though they're Big 12 now, probably gives some credence to opening up the playoff a bit (which makes me happy). Michigan AD has to make sure their season isn't ended by Central Michigan. I don't know if Ann Arbor would recover.

Comment

You knew they were going to choke. It was inevitable.
        Give the other team from credit. OSU played a helluva game and had a realistic chance to win in the end. Don't know how that is a choke.

Comment

• I thought Georgia actually drew the most dangerous team in the semis. Ohio State spent the last few weeks hearing about how they got stomped by Michigan, shouldn’t be in the playoffs, etc. They certainly didn’t play well against Michigan but the body of work was pretty darned good. Georgia also isn’t the Georgia of last season. Yes, they’re undefeated, but they lost five guys off the defense to the NFL and it showed. Having had to live in Buckeye land for a few years I’ll tell you I root for whoever they’re playing. That said, they laid it all on the line last night and darned near pulled it off.

The most annoying thing from the evening was hearing from Alabama fans that think somehow they should have been in the playoffs based on how the games went yesterday. Alabama and Ohio State are among the top most annoying fan bases in the country. The Tide lost two games to teams that didn’t even make the playoffs. They were close losses, but they were losses indeed. They also got very lucky against Texas or this would have been a three loss team.

TCU has a puncher’s chance in the final.

Comment

• Broncos reportedly after Jim Harbaugh.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Broncos reportedly after Jim Harbaugh.
              Them and Indy both are hard after him. I think he’s a douche!

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Give the other team from credit. OSU played a helluva game and had a realistic chance to win in the end. Don't know how that is a choke.
                The started the 4th with a two score lead and had Jawja on the ropes. That 76 yard TD pass is something you don’t give up at that stage of the game. I knew they’d blow it after that. I wasn’t shocked the winning kick went horribly.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Them and Indy both are hard after him. I think he’s a douche!
                  Maybe he is but he’s also been a winner everywhere he’s been including his previous stint in the NFL, even if he’s yet to win it all. In some ways Harbaugh reminds me of Andy Reid: great Monday through Saturday coach who makes just enough questionable Sunday decisions to keep blowing it when it counts. That said, winning consistently is tough and Harbaugh has certainly done that. If you were a GM/owner or AD you could do worse than hiring someone who’s got a track record of building very good teams and hoping things come together in the playoffs that one time.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Maybe he is but he’s also been a winner everywhere he’s been including his previous stint in the NFL, even if he’s yet to win it all. In some ways Harbaugh reminds me of Andy Reid: great Monday through Saturday coach who makes just enough questionable Sunday decisions to keep blowing it when it counts. That said, winning consistently is tough and Harbaugh has certainly done that. If you were a GM/owner or AD you could do worse than hiring someone who’s got a track record of building very good teams and hoping things come together in the playoffs that one time.
                    Pretty easy to win where he has been. Tell me why he’d want to go to Denver/Indy that are both disasters!

Comment

Pretty easy to win where he has been.
                      Harbaugh took over at Stanford in 2007 after a 1-11 season. They hadn’t had a winning record since ‘01 and hadn’t had back-to-back winning years since ‘95+‘96. He took over the Niners in 2011 with them coming off of a 6-10 season. The Niners hadn’t had a winning season or been the playoffs since ‘02. I’ll give you Michigan and to a lesser extent San Diego as easy jobs but half of his career coaching stops have been fixer-uppers and even Michigan was on a downswing through the RichRod + Brady Hoke eras.

Perhaps he would have no interest in another fixer-upper like those two but he’s done it before.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

Harbaugh took over at Stanford in 2007 after a 1-11 season. They hadn’t had a winning record since ‘01 and hadn’t had back-to-back winning years since ‘95+‘96. He took over the Niners in 2011 with them coming off of a 6-10 season. The Niners hadn’t had a winning season or been the playoffs since ‘02. I’ll give you Michigan and to a lesser extent San Diego as easy jobs but half of his career coaching stops have been fixer-uppers and even Michigan was on a downswing through the RichRod + Brady Hoke eras.

Perhaps he would have no interest in another fixer-upper like those two but he’s done it before.
                        So the Harbaugh name itself didn't help with the Stanford recruiting? Andrew Luck? Stanford plays in a weak conference and was pretty easy to win once he got his QB.

Comment

• Major P5 is a crap show to deal with right now between NIL, the portal, etc.

I could see him being interested in an NFL jump.

The money will be similar. It just comes down to what level he wants.

In college, he's the top of the food chain at UM. In the pros he has to deal with a GM, owner, etc.

Comment

So the Harbaugh name itself didn't help with the Stanford recruiting? Andrew Luck? Stanford plays in a weak conference and was pretty easy to win once he got his QB.
                            I never said his name didn’t help with recruiting. In fact I never mentioned recruiting at all. You said he had gone to places it was easy to win and I gave you evidence to suggest that wasn’t true. If it was so easy to win at Stanford and San Fran then why were they losers for pretty long stretches before he got there and why did San Fran take 5 years after firing him before they got back to winning?

Comment

• The Nits finally beat a Top 10 team under Franklin.

No wonder it’s raining in Kollyfornia.

Comment

Two BIG chokes today.
                                HUGE choke jobs....no question.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X