Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I get it as ACC Network (as well as all the other conference channels) are part of the Dish Network package. What do you have? Cable?

You definitely want to procure ACC Network so you can watch Pitt men's basketball this winter!
    Yeah ... Comcast still isn't carrying it in Western PA.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah ... Comcast still isn't carrying it in Western PA.
      You might want to look into Dish Network. Lots of sports channels on there. I really wear them out in football and hoops season. Really nice to have. Plus you get NFL Network as well.

Comment

A seat is getting hot in Oakland.

Comment

This is the worst team of the Narduzzi era. And, this is Year 6.

Praying there won't be a 7th.

Comment

This is the worst team of the Narduzzi era. And, this is Year 6.

Praying there won't be a 7th.

Comment

Crazy ending out in Indiana.

Comment

i wouldn't even wash the Robocop uniforms. Dump them in the Mon.

Comment

i wouldn't even wash the Robocop uniforms. Dump them in the Mon.
                  Yeah, the losing s ucks bad enough but my Goodness----Pitt just had finally at long last gotten their uniforms right and to the point where they looked like among the best in college football. And now all they want to do is not wear them and don this stupid whatever they are supposed to be. Really frustrating on so many levels with this program.

I was never that high on Narduzzi to be honest. The could do worse than him but they could do better as well. Lure Mark Richt out of retirement? Maybe give Matt Canada a shot? Teryll Austin?

Bring on Pitt hoops!

Comment

Yeah, the losing s ucks bad enough but my Goodness----Pitt just had finally at long last gotten their uniforms right and to the point where they looked like among the best in college football. And now all they want to do is not wear them and don this stupid whatever they are supposed to be. Really frustrating on so many levels with this program.

I was never that high on Narduzzi to be honest. The could do worse than him but they could do better as well. Lure Mark Richt out of retirement? Maybe give Matt Canada a shot? Teryll Austin?

Bring on Pitt hoops!
                    Time For Curt Cignetti at Pitt? ? ?

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Yes, it is. Pitt needs a head coach who will pay strict attention to the offense. That's one of Curt's strong points. There is no reason for Pitt to be headed in the direction they are going other than coaching. Virginia Tech recruits roughly the same caliber of HS player as Pitt and has produced consistently good teams while Pitt flounders. Has to be the coaching.

Comment

The Duz is just owed too much money. Pitt won't buy him out. So, this off-season he'll make some assistants walk the plank, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Curt is a fantastic football coach to a certain point. I give the man his due credit. He could probably reboot and revamp any program and make a major change for the better. But then there is the other side of him that will drive you completely insane. I also think that he is close to 60 or so.

He would make a difference for sure. Then he would do totally confounding stuff and make people want to jump off of the Tower of Learning or whatever they call it.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                            Yes, it is. Pitt needs a head coach who will pay strict attention to the offense. That's one of Curt's strong points. There is no reason for Pitt to be headed in the direction they are going other than coaching. Virginia Tech recruits roughly the same caliber of HS player as Pitt and has produced consistently good teams while Pitt flounders. Has to be the coaching.
                            Agree with the V-tech thing but have to think you have the blinders on regarding Curt and offense. I still remember him thinking Chase was a good QB for far too long, hitting the panic button almost immediately in games and tossing out the game plan, and going WAY too conservative with the O too often. He also rather inexplicably took two timeouts into the offseason with him last December during the national title game with JMU.

As a historian I will insist that people remember the good as well as the bad. But yeah, I agree that he was a totally fantastic coach for IUP and the job he did to revive a moribund program. He deserves to be remembered well here.

Comment

Agree with the V-tech thing but have to think you have the blinders on regarding Curt and offense. I still remember him thinking Chase was a good QB for far too long, hitting the panic button almost immediately in games and tossing out the game plan, and going WAY too conservative with the O too often. He also rather inexplicably took two timeouts into the offseason with him last December during the national title game with JMU.

As a historian I will insist that people remember the good as well as the bad. But yeah, I agree that he was a totally fantastic coach for IUP and the job he did to revive a moribund program. He deserves to be remembered well here.
                              I think any IUP coach, current era, gets their legacy defined by their record against Cal and SRU. Curt was about .500 or so.

Curt's teams had a tendency to lay some duds when the lights got bright.

But, overall, he had a good tenure here. That said, ... let's be honest. An IUP coach gets so many assets others don't. They dang sure better beat the Clarion's of the world every time. Think Yankees vs Pirates.

In fact, the 2017 team that went undefeated was largely his (sans Max Redfield).

Curt had things rolling by the time he left. He did a total rebuild after the disastet of TLT. Had he stayed they'd have kept rolling.

But, keep in mind Curt isn't exactly Mr. Personality. I think James Madison is perfect for him. He'll win big. It is the premier 'second level' program in the country (arguably). Not sure he'd deal well with the necessities of a major D1 program ... shaking hands and kissing babies, etc.

Comment

I think any IUP coach, current era, gets their legacy defined by their record against Cal and SRU. Curt was about .500 or so.

Curt's teams had a tendency to lay some duds when the lights got bright.

But, overall, he had a good tenure here. That said, ... let's be honest. An IUP coach gets so many assets others don't. They dang sure better beat the Clarion's of the world every time. Think Yankees vs Pirates.

In fact, the 2017 team that went undefeated was largely his (sans Max Redfield).

Curt had things rolling by the time he left. He did a total rebuild after the disastet of TLT. Had he stayed they'd have kept rolling.

But, keep in mind Curt isn't exactly Mr. Personality. I think James Madison is perfect for him. He'll win big. It is the premier 'second level' program in the country (arguably). Not sure he'd deal well with the necessities of a major D1 program ... shaking hands and kissing babies, etc.
                                I always said that Curt probably would have lost the Ashland and Rock games in 2017.

One thing i will say about him is that anytime somebody told me they met him outside the realm of football they all said the same thing----that he was an awesome guy. It sounded like the football coach part of him was not quite as congenial.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X