Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    Must have been a team made up of liberals vs conservatives. Or maybe a couple teams emulating the upcoming NHL division only season? Was there any known history between these two teams? Mark your calendars for Jan 6, 2021 for a potential donnybrook to unfold on live TV.
    Not sure. I doubt they play very often. For being a timeslot game it was pretty entertaining. For the players' sake hopefully none get suspensions carrying in to next Fall -- although that is likely.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not sure. I doubt they play very often. For being a timeslot game it was pretty entertaining. For the players' sake hopefully none get suspensions carrying in to next Fall -- although that is likely.
      I watched the youtube reply of the scuffle. I suspect there will be some carry over suspensions. Makes one wonder what was said to cause the donnybrook because the guys at the line of scrimmage as the game ended seemed cordial enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
        I watched the youtube reply of the scuffle. I suspect there will be some carry over suspensions. Makes one wonder what was said to cause the donnybrook because the guys at the line of scrimmage as the game ended seemed cordial enough.
        Start giving assault charges for the nonsense and the brawls will stop. Embarrassing for both schools.

Comment

• That fight reminded me of when the #LIT-AF squad went all thug here at IUP several years ago.

Yesterday's brawl, much like the IUP vs #LIT-AF, never should have happened.

That started before the game yesterday and then both teams played cheap and chippy the whole game. How can officials and coaches not be smart enough to say no handshake afterward?

Sportsmanship to shake hands ... blah blah blah. Nobody showed any for the past four hours so who gives a crap now. Get the teams off the field.

Tulsa had a player helped off the field after the fight and it's now being reported he has a concussion.

Watch the tape and arrest those jackasses. No place for it and it should be zero tolerance.

Comment

• What a gross display! Once the pregame BS happened those refs should've flagged everything remotely close to unsportsmanlike. The players took cheap shots the whole game both directions. I don't know how many times I said that player kicked him or head butted him, etc. Just stupid with officials right there. Players on both sides should be kicked out of school, PERIOD! Any player going to the draft, good luck. Your stock dropped!!! This is Mike Leach's chance to create HIS team and culture. You didn't win with those jackasses, get rid of them!!!

Comment

• WOW! Bama looks tough! Saw several guys who could get a draft call by the Stillers come April on night one.

Mac Jones at QB. Watched some tape of him earlier today. I really like his footwork and he throws a nice ball. Looks a little slender and how easy is it to really do an honest evaluation of him playing behind that line, throwing to those wideouts, and handing the ball to that RB?

Najee Harris at RB. An even better hurdler than Le'veon Bell was. Big back with some punch.

Those WRs. Talent. There is at least two of them with a first round grade. One of them (DeVonata Smith) is likely to pick up the Heisman.

O-lineman Alex Leatherwood who is an OT. I see him lumped into most first round mocks. What did the one commentator say---he had a third round grade on him? Not sure if I heard right.

Patrick Surtain II at CB.

That's quite a team that they have there. Bama-Clemson Part 17 or whatever it is up to now should be real exciting if it pans out.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                WOW! Bama looks tough! Saw several guys who could get a draft call by the Stillers come April on night one.

Mac Jones at QB. Watched some tape of him earlier today. I really like his footwork and he throws a nice ball. Looks a little slender and how easy is it to really do an honest evaluation of him playing behind that line, throwing to those wideouts, and handing the ball to that RB?

Najee Harris at RB. An even better hurdler than Le'veon Bell was. Big back with some punch.

Those WRs. Talent. There is at least two of them with a first round grade. One of them (DeVonata Smith) is likely to pick up the Heisman.

O-lineman Alex Leatherwood who is an OT. I see him lumped into most first round mocks. What did the one commentator say---he had a third round grade on him? Not sure if I heard right.

Patrick Surtain II at CB.

That's quite a team that they have there. Bama-Clemson Part 17 or whatever it is up to now should be real exciting if it pans out.
                Not so fast, my friend.

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Not so fast, my friend.
                  Fan boy in da house...

Comment

• Originally posted by UFOILERFAN View Post

Not so fast, my friend.
                    I was shocked. I wasn't discounting OSU at all - just didn't expect them to blow Clemson out of the water. Good for them, and its good for my fellow proponents of playoff expansion. Anybody missing the Sun Bowl? Nope.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I was shocked. I wasn't discounting OSU at all - just didn't expect them to blow Clemson out of the water. Good for them, and its good for my fellow proponents of playoff expansion. Anybody missing the Sun Bowl? Nope.
                      To quote the great Brent Musburger .... Holy Buckeye.

Dabo got spanked by the No. 11 team. Lol.

Comment

Who can ever forget:

Oregon State 3
                        Pitt 0

... in the worst Sun Bowl of all time.

Two mediocre teams playing in a near sandstorm is good stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Who can ever forget:

Oregon State 3
                          Pitt 0

... in the worst Sun Bowl of all time.

Two mediocre teams playing in a near sandstorm is good stuff.
                          One of the reasons I want a playoff is for more late fall contests for northern teams. If Miami must hypothetically play at BC or Notre Dame for the ACC championship then Saban can play a Big Ten team on the road in the playoff.

Comment

I don't see how the result of this game supports playoff expansion. It's not a big upset. It's Ohio State. They're undefeated. They are the B1G champions. It's not like they're on a cinderella run or something. How many teams do you suggest should be in the PO? And are you suggesting doing away with all other bowl games e.g. the Sun Bowl?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I don't see how the result of this game supports playoff expansion. It's not a big upset. It's Ohio State. They're undefeated. They are the B1G champions. It's not like they're on a cinderella run or something. How many teams do you suggest should be in the PO? And are you suggesting doing away with all other bowl games e.g. the Sun Bowl?
                              I'm for 16 teams but would accept 12 if it includes conference champions of all 10 FBS conferences, which is my endgame. March Madness is what it is because it allows for Cinderella scenarios. Otherwise it would have been Duke-Kansas or North Carolina-Arizona every year. Beyond the playoff bowls can do their thing so if Las Vegas wants to find a sponsor to subsidize two 7-5 teams playing on December 30 or whenever, so be it. People will attend and people will watch.

Comment

I'm for 16 teams but would accept 12 if it includes conference champions of all 10 FBS conferences, which is my endgame. March Madness is what it is because it allows for Cinderella scenarios. Otherwise it would have been Duke-Kansas or North Carolina-Arizona every year. Beyond the playoff bowls can do their thing so if Las Vegas wants to find a sponsor to subsidize two 7-5 teams playing on December 30 or whenever, so be it. People will attend and people will watch.
                                I guess I'm with you on the 16 team field. It only lengthens the PO schedule from 2 to 4 weeks.

Not sure that I'm on board with your "earned access" plan for the G5 conference champs. Aside from Cincinnati, that would put Marshall, San Jose State, U. of Buffalo, and Coastal Carolina in the playoffs this year. Are those programs really worthy of a spot?

FB is not BB. You'd only have 16 teams max and you want those matchups to have a certain quality or competitive level to them. To paraphrase Joe Piscopo, Alabama vs. San Jose State - who cares?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X