Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I guess I'm with you on the 16 team field. It only lengthens the PO schedule from 2 to 4 weeks.

Not sure that I'm on board with your "earned access" plan for the G5 conference champs. Aside from Cincinnati, that would put Marshall, San Jose State, U. of Buffalo, and Coastal Carolina in the playoffs this year. Are those programs really worthy of a spot?

FB is not BB. You'd only have 16 teams max and you want those matchups to have a certain quality or competitive level to them. To paraphrase Joe Piscopo, Alabama vs. San Jose State - who cares?
    We don't know until they start playing more often. I don't know how you can be a D2 fan and not support all conferences having access. Using the current FBS model, IUP wouldn't have a chance without going 10-1 or 11-0.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I guess I'm with you on the 16 team field. It only lengthens the PO schedule from 2 to 4 weeks.

Not sure that I'm on board with your "earned access" plan for the G5 conference champs. Aside from Cincinnati, that would put Marshall, San Jose State, U. of Buffalo, and Coastal Carolina in the playoffs this year. Are those programs really worthy of a spot?

FB is not BB. You'd only have 16 teams max and you want those matchups to have a certain quality or competitive level to them. To paraphrase Joe Piscopo, Alabama vs. San Jose State - who cares?
      Marshall (or whomever else) as a low seed:

Alabama 65
      Marshall 3

That's the issue. The games would be a joke.

Comment

• Who's next in Austin?

$24m buyout being paid lol

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Fan boy in da house...
          -
          Last edited by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS; 01-03-2021, 08:08 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Marshall (or whomever else) as a low seed:

Alabama 65
            Marshall 3

That's the issue. The games would be a joke.
            Yes, but it's great exposure for Marshall and probably the only way they get on Alabama's schedule. Unless they drop down to FCS so Bama can play them week 9.

The idea of Power 5 is a consolidation of power. Allowing a Conference USA or AAC team to compete threatens the power of the cartel.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

What's your problem, b itch?
              ????

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                ????
                I talked to IUPalum and it was all a big misunderstanding. I did apologize to him. He is a good dude. I would also like to apologize to the forum at large. It had been a tough week.

Comment

• Doc Holliday, recently named Conference USA Coach of the Year, out at Marshall after 11 seasons.

Sounds like this came from 'outside' the athletic department -- from those in ($) power. This sounds like a move Pitt is famous for making.
                  Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 01-04-2021, 01:33 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

I talked to IUPalum and it was all a big misunderstanding. I did apologize to him. He is a good dude. I would also like to apologize to the forum at large. It had been a tough week.
                    Binge watch Cobra Kai Season 3. You'll feel better.

Cobra Kai Never Dies

Comment

Binge watch Cobra Kai Season 3. You'll feel better.

Cobra Kai Never Dies
                      Yes, season 3 was entertaining. Some good nostalgia worked into the series. They even covered Kreese's back story.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                        Yes, season 3 was entertaining. Some good nostalgia worked into the series. They even covered Kreese's back story.
                        Yep ... and the infamous Terry Silver appears set for a return in Season 4.

Comment

• Just glad nobody showed up at another guy's workplace. Those were fun times...

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                            Just glad nobody showed up at another guy's workplace. Those were fun times...
                            Was that back in the famous volleyball 'tier' days?

Comment

Was that back in the famous volleyball 'tier' days?
                              Years before. There was a Cal poster who was a quite a jag.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Years before. There was a Cal poster who was a quite a jag.
                                That must have been one heck of an argument. Lol.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X