Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    OT, but the MAC is going to wrestle this winter. That means Edinboro, Clarion, Lock Haven, and Bloomsburg are probably wrestling. Edinboro released a schedule and it's all away matches. No tournaments.
    Ok, I just saw the Edinboro schedule on FB. Could this decision be made on the "triad" level, considering Clarion and Edinboro are part of the same triad and LHU and Bloom are part of a different triad?

All along, I would support a conference that chose not to play; however, if Clarion and Edinboro are wrestling I really want LHU to wrestle. A lot of people do.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

The Boro schedule is not yet on their website. Where did you see this schedule? Inside info?

It's funny, I just looked at the Boro wrestling website last night to see if there were any changes.

Of the four, Clarion is wrestling. They put together a schedule a few weeks ago. Over the weekend they got annihilated by Navy, where LHU grad Cary Kolat is the new HC.

As the other teams (B1G, Big 12, ACC, and non-PSAC MAC) have begun competition it is frustrating (as a LHU fan) because it now seems like the LH/Bloom/Boro wrestlers are being left out. That not only affects this season but, you would think, individual and program development for the future.

Aside from intercollegiate competition in D1, the wrestling world is wrestling. Many of the LHU wrestlers who also compete in freestyle work out with the Nittany Lion Wrestling Club in State College which is probably the best competition you'll find. A few recently participated in the Pittsburgh Regional Training Center meet (associated with Pitt Wrestling) in Pgh.

Absolutely, I hope these teams can get authorized to compete this year. I haven't seen anything about it, though. I'll look through some of the wrestling forums.

Yeah. Kind of like IUP -- with a loaded roster and a No. 4 preseason men's basketball ranking -- is being left out. Not to mention the ladies were also ranked in the Top 5.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Good for them. The rest of the collegiate world (and high school) is playing sports.
        On the other hand - it's really complicated. PSU-Rutgers wrestling cancelled.

https://www.teamusa.org/USA-Wrestlin...atch-postponed

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Ok, I just saw the Edinboro schedule on FB. Could this decision be made on the "triad" level, considering Clarion and Edinboro are part of the same triad and LHU and Bloom are part of a different triad?

All along, I would support a conference that chose not to play; however, if Clarion and Edinboro are wrestling I really want LHU to wrestle. A lot of people do.
          The triad thing is still a way out. Clarion and Edinboro both wrestling might be due to sharing a president who is pro athletics.

Comment

The triad thing is still a way out. Clarion and Edinboro both wrestling might be due to sharing a president who is pro athletics.
            No new schedule yet but LHU put up a 2020-21 wrestling roster today, so ... stay tuned.

Comment

• Bloom wrestling in this shortened season.

https://buhuskies.com/news/2021/1/15...21-season.aspx

Comment

• Tennessee has fired its HC after investigating recruiting violations.

Odd job down there in Knoxville. Everything is in line to be a national powerhouse. Yet ... the Vols have become kind of an artifact of a past era.

Comment

Tennessee has fired its HC after investigating recruiting violations.

Odd job down there in Knoxville. Everything is in line to be a national powerhouse. Yet ... the Vols have become kind of an artifact of a past era.
                  Their base is bigger but just as delusional as Pitt. Impossible to outdo Saban in the current SEC. Even less possible to please the big money influencers.

Comment

Their base is bigger but just as delusional as Pitt. Impossible to outdo Saban in the current SEC. Even less possible to please the big money influencers.
                    Bama will rule the world until he steps away.

Read a funny article about Urban Meyer taking the Jags job. They questioned his ability to not be able to dominate (minus Bama) for the best players and instead having to build just like everybody else and with a salary cap.

In the article it said Saban essentially gets 10 first round picks and 10 second round picks in every 'college recruiting' draft. Every year.

I'd agree about Tennessee. Much like Pitt's delusional fan base still thinks it's 1982 ... the Vols' base still thinks it's 1997.

Since Fulmer left, it's been (then not ready for primetime) Lane Kiffin, the awful experiment of Derek Dooley, Jim Chaney, Butch Jones, Brady Hoke (interim) and now the recently-fired Jeremy Pruitt.

On top of it, whomever the new coach is may instantly face some sanctions.

I think it's becoming an age thing, too. People our age still consider Tennessee some power job (or some semblance of one, anyway). Today's recruits see them as an also-ran, washed-up program with a revolving door at the HC position.

I remember back in the 90s the Florida vs Tennessee game was must-see TV.

My favorite Spurrier quotes on UT:

* "Will be the 14th time I've coached in Neyland Stadium ... I've coached there more than some of their head coaches."

* "In Knoxville they're still doing cartwheels because they went 7-6 and won a bowl."

* "You can't spell Citrus (Bowl) without the U-T"

* "I know why Peyton (Manning) came back for his senior year. He wanted to be a three-time MVP of the Citrus Bowl."

Comment

• Even when Tennessee was a power with the great Peyton they still could never get over the hump with Florida and then Peyton had to settle for second in the 1997 Heisman to Charles Woodson, who didn't really even play offense (technically). Oddly, they did win the national title the year after Peyton left town. But i do agree---very odd thing down there.

Looks like Matt Canada is all set to be the next Steelers OC. Hope we see some of the one-year wonder magic he worked at Pitt awhile back. It would be needed. But at this point I suppose if I don't have to bare witness to at least five bubble screens per game i will be happy with that.

Saban's recruiting at Bama is unreal. First round picks all over the damn place. He is masterful. But I still can't figure out why former Pittsburgher WR Robert Foster opted for Bama over Pitt some years ago. He got buried on the depth chart when he could have been the man at his hometown college.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                        Even when Tennessee was a power with the great Peyton they still could never get over the hump with Florida and then Peyton had to settle for second in the 1997 Heisman to Charles Woodson, who didn't really even play offense (technically). Oddly, they did win the national title the year after Peyton left town. But i do agree---very odd thing down there.

Looks like Matt Canada is all set to be the next Steelers OC. Hope we see some of the one-year wonder magic he worked at Pitt awhile back. It would be needed. But at this point I suppose if I don't have to bare witness to at least five bubble screens per game i will be happy with that.

Saban's recruiting at Bama is unreal. First round picks all over the damn place. He is masterful. But I still can't figure out why former Pittsburgher WR Robert Foster opted for Bama over Pitt some years ago. He got buried on the depth chart when he could have been the man at his hometown college.
                        Yeah think if Pitt would have had Foster and Tyler Boyd at the same time.

That actual discussion came up here about a year ago or so. I think Foster was a 5-star coming out of Central Valley. As you say the issue is they have 5-6 more '5-stars' already there and more coming next year.

That kid who won the Heisman this year was their WR2 at the start of the year. It became his show when Waddle went down.

That's the risk going there. You'll win a ton but may not even see the field for 2-3 years. I think Boyd was an All-America before Foster even got to play.

It cost Foster serious NFL money. Most other places he'd have had insane stats and likely been drafted much higher.

The Duz seems to be making headway. His tenure has had ups and downs but he has his second straight highly-regarded class signed. Some have it Top 15 nationally. Pickett staying is huge. He's the clear leader of that team. And, really, this will be his true senior season. Recall he had to burn his whole freshman year on one game (old redshirt rules).

Comment

Yeah think if Pitt would have had Foster and Tyler Boyd at the same time.

That actual discussion came up here about a year ago or so. I think Foster was a 5-star coming out of Central Valley. As you say the issue is they have 5-6 more '5-stars' already there and more coming next year.

That kid who won the Heisman this year was their WR2 at the start of the year. It became his show when Waddle went down.

That's the risk going there. You'll win a ton but may not even see the field for 2-3 years. I think Boyd was an All-America before Foster even got to play.

It cost Foster serious NFL money. Most other places he'd have had insane stats and likely been drafted much higher.

The Duz seems to be making headway. His tenure has had ups and downs but he has his second straight highly-regarded class signed. Some have it Top 15 nationally. Pickett staying is huge. He's the clear leader of that team. And, really, this will be his true senior season. Recall he had to burn his whole freshman year on one game (old redshirt rules).
                          Foster really did cost himself quite a bit by going to Bama and getting buried behind guys like Amari Cooper and company. Pitt was his ticket to a high draft choice. I wish he would have taken it.

Bama WR corps is nuts. Last April Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs were top first round picks and this spring it will be Waddle and the incredible Smith. I had actually forgotten that Smith was the one who caught that national title winning TD a few years back. The kid is electric.

Comment

• Tennessee story gets more entertaining by the hour.

Talk about a special treat inside the Happy Meal ...

Comment

Tennessee story gets more entertaining by the hour.

Talk about a special treat inside the Happy Meal ...
                              That's some straight up Blue Chips style idiocy. I didn't think programs were that stupid anymore.

Comment

• QB Dwayne Haskins is a Yinzer.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X