Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    How about the latest drama with TJ Watt? It seems like the Steeler organization has lost sight of what the Chief had built as Reothlisbeger accumulated more power and Tomlin put up with the circus as the various clowns rotated into the lineup and then out the door. The Steelers are becoming the Redskin when Danny Snyder was in his prime meddling with the team. It's like the Steeler ownership needs to be a little more hands on and the right the ship before it crashes into the pier.
    Speed of the captain.

Speed of the crew.

Comment

How about the latest drama with TJ Watt? It seems like the Steeler organization has lost sight of what the Chief had built as Reothlisbeger accumulated more power and Tomlin put up with the circus as the various clowns rotated into the lineup and then out the door. The Steelers are becoming the Redskin when Danny Snyder was in his prime meddling with the team. It's like the Steeler ownership needs to be a little more hands on and the right the ship before it crashes into the pier.
      The last time I was at the beach I could have sworn I saw Art Rooney II. But after closer examination it was just a spineless jellyfish bobbing in the surf. LOL.

It will be time to blow the whole thing up real soon. Big Ben gone. Tomlin gone. It is a royal mess down there.

They need to keep Watt happy. He is probably the best thing they have going right now. But you couldn't blame him for being beyond fed up with everything.

Sad state of affairs. They have a new OC. But now will Ben let him do his job or is it going to be more of the same?

Comment

Comment

• UCF isn't going to be friends with Tennessee anymore.

Vols took their AD last week and his first move is to hire UCF's football coach.

Given what has happened in Knoxville, this seems like an incredible week of good fortune.

Now we'll see what the NCAA drops on them. It probably won't be Quarter-Pounders and cash.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            UCF isn't going to be friends with Tennessee anymore.

Vols took their AD last week and his first move is to hire UCF's football coach.

Given what has happened in Knoxville, this seems like an incredible week of good fortune.

Now we'll see what the NCAA drops on them. It probably won't be Quarter-Pounders and cash.
            It'll be interesting to see what UCF does in looking for a HC. Do they stay in house and promote Randy Shannon or does he follow Josh to Tennessee and UCF have to look from the outside.

Comment

• I'm curious if Curt Cignetti's name may surface in this domino effect of coaching moves. James Madison has become the ultimate stepping stone to a major program.

Comment

UCF isn't going to be friends with Tennessee anymore.

I think cleaning house was a good preemptive move. The NCAA tends to look kindly on that during sanctioning. I like the hires. In the SEC you should always be able to pick off someone else's head coach unless you are certain that your internal hire is the right move. These guys hit a ceiling at UCF. I think a lot of their rise can be credited to Scott Frost and they're maxed out on the fundraising they can do as the #4 program in that state.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I think cleaning house was a good preemptive move. The NCAA tends to look kindly on that during sanctioning. I like the hires. In the SEC you should always be able to pick off someone else's head coach unless you are certain that your internal hire is the right move. These guys hit a ceiling at UCF. I think a lot of their rise can be credited to Scott Frost and they're maxed out on the fundraising they can do as the #4 program in that state.
                  If UCF can sustain their success and FSU keeps fading away I see no reason they can't somehow get an ACC invite and over take FSU as the #3 school in the state of Florida. Think about it they're in a great location, fans are passionate and they have a decent stadium on campus. Not far fetched if they can continue to win 10 games per season including winning bowl games against P5 competition. Curt would be crazy not to listen if UCF came calling.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

If UCF can sustain their success and FSU keeps fading away I see no reason they can't somehow get an ACC invite and over take FSU as the #3 school in the state of Florida. Think about it they're in a great location, fans are passionate and they have a decent stadium on campus. Not far fetched if they can continue to win 10 games per season including winning bowl games against P5 competition. Curt would be crazy not to listen if UCF came calling.
                    I don't see them surpassing Florida State and the ACC invite would have to be many years from now showing stability being above average maybe even sustainably top 50. I think they'll always be little brother similar to Cincinnati in Ohio.

Comment

I don't see them surpassing Florida State and the ACC invite would have to be many years from now showing stability being above average maybe even sustainably top 50. I think they'll always be little brother similar to Cincinnati in Ohio.
                      Unless they get invited to join a P5 the 'little brother' will likely persist. I think they would definitely be appealing to a major conference.

Hard to believe but Florida State isn't all that far removed from a national title (2013). Granted, they've become a total freaking trainwreck in the past several years. It's amazing what one bad hire can do to a premier program seemingly overnight. In Willie Taggart's defense, I think Jimbo got out of dodge right before the stuff hit the fan. Taggart inherited a mess -- and a fanbase not interested in hearing about rebuilds. By the time they bought out Taggart, a lot of the shine was worn off that once-prestigious job. We'll see what Mike Norvell can do but he's not off to a good start.

Comment

• Read an interesting article on how bad -- or rather, how difficult -- it is to draft in the NFL.

The 2017 Draft had some incredible picks ... that were missed by so many.
                        Overall Player Notes
                        10 Patrick Mahomes Chicago took Mitchell Trubisky No. 2 overall
                        12 DeShawn Watson
                        30 T.J. Watt
                        41 Dalvin Cook
                        67 Alvin Kamara
                        146 George Kittle
                        182 Aaron Jones

Comment

Read an interesting article on how bad -- or rather, how difficult -- it is to draft in the NFL.

The 2017 Draft had some incredible picks ... that were missed by so many.
                          Overall Player Notes
                          10 Patrick Mahomes Chicago took Mitchell Trubisky No. 2 overall
                          12 DeShawn Watson
                          30 T.J. Watt
                          41 Dalvin Cook
                          67 Alvin Kamara
                          146 George Kittle
                          182 Aaron Jones
                          I guess we can list the NFL Draft as another one of those things that is like a box of chocolates as you never really know what you are going to get.

I recall being very high on RB Dalvin Cook that year. But I was really on the fence with guys like Mahomes, Watt, and Kamara. It can really be a subjective thing how you project these guys as pros. Sometimes these guys need to be lucky and get picked by the right team and system for them to have success.

Comment

• What's interesting is that as we describe more college offenses as "pro style" it seems like fewer and fewer QBs can quickly transition to NFL offenses.

Ranking of how easy it is for draftees to contribute on the pro roster:
                            1. NBA
                            2. NFL
                            3. NHL

*years go by*

4. MLB

Comment

What's interesting is that as we describe more college offenses as "pro style" it seems like fewer and fewer QBs can quickly transition to NFL offenses.

Ranking of how easy it is for draftees to contribute on the pro roster:
                              1. NBA
                              2. NFL
                              3. NHL

*years go by*

4. MLB
                              The MLB Draft is insane. Go in the first round this year and maybe we'll see you in 3-4 years. We think the NFL Draft is a crapshoot ... Lordy.

Comment

• Big News

EA Sports is bringing back its college football game. It's been gone since 2014.

Release day was basically a holiday for me in my younger days. I couldn't tell you how many fist fights I saw at IUP over this game. LOL.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X