Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Big News

EA Sports is bringing back its college football game. It's been gone since 2014.

Release day was basically a holiday for me in my younger days. I couldn't tell you how many fist fights I saw at IUP over this game. LOL.
    Remember the year they put Boise State on the cover? That was huge.

Comment

Big News

EA Sports is bringing back its college football game. It's been gone since 2014.

Release day was basically a holiday for me in my younger days. I couldn't tell you how many fist fights I saw at IUP over this game. LOL.

Comment

• Edinboro wrestling (2-1) has added a home match against Appalachian State and Buffalo.

Comment

• Lock Haven announces they will compete in the MAC Wrestling tournament. This is great news.

Who needs dual meets, right? Actually, I think the starters are in competitive shape right now. It is a little scary, though, that the first intercollegiate competition will be the NCAA qualifier. Should be interesting. Looking forward to the league tourney.

https://www.golhu.com/

Comment

• Bloom 0-2 in this wrestling season. Does this shortened season count against the athletes competitive years? Seems like a waste to wrestle a few matches.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bart View Post
              Bloom 0-2 in this wrestling season. Does this shortened season count against the athletes competitive years? Seems like a waste to wrestle a few matches.
              It's a free year. It does not count against eligibility.

We shall see how it all works out. I'm wondering if Coach Moore might try to schedule something before the MAC's, either in Thomas Fieldhouse or at the Liberty Arena in Williamsport. He's used that off campus location for a number of events. Wrestlers will have to either 1) place 1st at the qualifier, or 2) Have wrestled at least 4 intercollegiate matches to qualify for NCAA's. So, you would think they could get the 4 matches at the MAC's but it's not guaranteed.

As for the Bald Eagles I think they are in shape because there are a number of local venues where they could work out and many of the starters frequent the NLWC.

I saw that Bloom picked up a couple decent transfers that tightened their lineup up a bit.

P.S. At this point, if they only participate in the MAC tournament I'd say it's possible that LHU doesn't even field a full team. We shall see. Isn't that what they used to say on the old EWL Forum?

Comment

• Gus Malzahn to UCF seems like a perfect hire.

Comment

Gus Malzahn to UCF seems like a perfect hire.
                  Will be interesting to see how long Gus hangs around Orlando. Or does he use UCF as a redemption job to get another P5 gig in 2-3 years.

Comment

• Oregon just offered Jeannette's freshman QB.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Will be interesting to see how long Gus hangs around Orlando. Or does he use UCF as a redemption job to get another P5 gig in 2-3 years.
                      It's a pretty good setup for him even if its a consolation prize. He's got a decent SEC resume and a great reputation in the southeast. He'll be making just north of $2MM per and he's working for the same AD he had at Arkansas State, even if they were only together for several months.

Comment

Oregon just offered Jeannette's freshman QB.
                        Name?

Comment

• https://tribhssn.triblive.com/jeanne...r-from-oregon/

Comment

• One more good QB that Pitt won't be getting.

Comment

• If he gets more press over the next 3 years and has good numbers he will get offers from every P5 college this side of the Mississippi. How does a kid from Norwin end up at Pittsburgh Central Catholic?

The Pac-12 offer surprised Birch, who just won the Pylon seven-on-seven 15-under tournament with Team 412 Elite out of Pittsburgh. His deep touchdown throw to Central Catholic freshman Jackson Pons, who played at Norwin this year, drew attention on social media.

If the kid from Norwin can go to Pittsburgh Central Catholic, why doesn't the kid from Jeannette end up there too which by the way would be a smart move on his part and I'm sure Tot would be happy to have him as long as all the wink, wink, nudge, nudges are in order. Too bad Greensburg Central Catholic isn't a football power house.
                              Last edited by IUPMonk; 02-18-2021, 09:14 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                If he gets more press over the next 3 years and has good numbers he will get offers from every P5 college this side of the Mississippi. How does a kid from Norwin end up at Pittsburgh Central Catholic?

The Pac-12 offer surprised Birch, who just won the Pylon seven-on-seven 15-under tournament with Team 412 Elite out of Pittsburgh. His deep touchdown throw to Central Catholic freshman Jackson Pons, who played at Norwin this year, drew attention on social media.

If the kid from Norwin can go to Pittsburgh Central Catholic, why doesn't the kid from Jeannette end up there too which by the way would be a smart move on his part and I'm sure Tot would be happy to have him as long as all the wink, wink, nudge, nudges are in order. Too bad Greensburg Central Catholic isn't a football power house.
                                Surprisingly I bet there are people living in Irwin commuting into the city. That's gotta be at least an hour each way. Or they moved.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X