Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
    If he gets more press over the next 3 years and has good numbers he will get offers from every P5 college this side of the Mississippi. How does a kid from Norwin end up at Pittsburgh Central Catholic?

The Pac-12 offer surprised Birch, who just won the Pylon seven-on-seven 15-under tournament with Team 412 Elite out of Pittsburgh. His deep touchdown throw to Central Catholic freshman Jackson Pons, who played at Norwin this year, drew attention on social media.

If the kid from Norwin can go to Pittsburgh Central Catholic, why doesn't the kid from Jeannette end up there too which by the way would be a smart move on his part and I'm sure Tot would be happy to have him as long as all the wink, wink, nudge, nudges are in order. Too bad Greensburg Central Catholic isn't a football power house.

Easily. It's amazing the lengths parents will go to get their kids playing there. Often times, it's worth the sacrifice. Central Catholic gets recruited heavily -- constantly. They will win every year -- maybe not a WPIAL title but at worst case they may lose a game or so. It's also a good 'academic' school ... which I'm sure is the real reason for the constant transfers (wink).

Their roster has lots of kids from Westmoreland County every year. Justice Evans (IUP) went down there after two years at Kiski. Vandergrift isn't a short commute, either.

Greensburg Central Catholic has fallen down a few pegs. It was a small school power for a long stretch. The current admin there isn't quite as football crazy as the prior regime. But, they are still routinely putting kids on to college rosters.

The kid with the Oregon offer will probably have 25 major offers by April.

Comment

• Anybody see the video of the Oklahoma WR getting in a fight with a wrestler/MMA guy in a Norman bar? It didn't end well for the wide receiver. Ouch.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
        Anybody see the video of the Oklahoma WR getting in a fight with a wrestler/MMA guy in a Norman bar? It didn't end well for the wide receiver. Ouch.
        No but what was that WR thinking???

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

No but what was that WR thinking???
          Drunk. And they were physically bigger than the two guys so I'm sure they didn't think much of them. The WR underwent 4 hours of emergency surgery to save his eye. It was ugly. Turned out the victor in the fight had 10 years MMA training and was a former collegiate wrestler.

Comment

Drunk. And they were physically bigger than the two guys so I'm sure they didn't think much of them. The WR underwent 4 hours of emergency surgery to save his eye. It was ugly.
            Yikes... that's not good for your future!

Comment

• Former Norwin WR is transferring from FCS North Dakota. Unfortunately I don't see any PSAC schools in play since he wants to be a petroleum engineer.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                Former Norwin WR is transferring from FCS North Dakota. Unfortunately I don't see any PSAC schools in play since he wants to be a petroleum engineer.
                Speaking of FCS ... curious what type of reaction they will get from fans during this Spring season.

Comment

Drunk. And they were physically bigger than the two guys so I'm sure they didn't think much of them. The WR underwent 4 hours of emergency surgery to save his eye. It was ugly. Turned out the victor in the fight had 10 years MMA training and was a former collegiate wrestler.
                  Which one needed the surgery? The one who gotten taken down right away or the one whose head hit the wall pretty good at the end?

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

Which one needed the surgery? The one who gotten taken down right away or the one whose head hit the wall pretty good at the end?
                    Spencer Jones. I think he was the one who got taken down right away.

Comment

Spencer Jones. I think he was the one who got taken down right away.

Comment

Former Norwin WR is transferring from FCS North Dakota. Unfortunately I don't see any PSAC schools in play since he wants to be a petroleum engineer.
                        Slippery Rock offers four degrees in Engineering: Civil, Industrial and Systems, Mechanical, and Petroleum & Natural GasEngineering.

Also 2 transfers from North Dakota on ROCK football roster.

Comment

• Originally posted by SRU 88 View Post

Slippery Rock offers four degrees in Engineering: Civil, Industrial and Systems, Mechanical, and Petroleum & Natural GasEngineering.

Also 2 transfers from North Dakota on ROCK football roster.
                          I guess the Google machine lied. It only showed the big engineering schools out east plus Pitt.

Comment

• He is getting smoked on social media. Even celebs jumping in. His Dad hired a lawyer to sue the MMA guy which is getting a ton of backlash being that the football players started it.

Comment

• PSAC schools in this year's MAC tournament:

5. Edinboro

7. Clarion

13. Bloomsburg

14. Lock Haven

Surprising results. I would have believed them if they were flipped.

Comment

PSAC schools in this year's MAC tournament:

5. Edinboro

7. Clarion

13. Bloomsburg

14. Lock Haven

Surprising results. I would have believed them if they were flipped.
                                The only surprise is Bloom ahead of Lock Haven. Only Edinboro, Clarion, and Bloom with NCAA qualifiers.

http://tech-fall.com/blog/2021/02/28...nd-qualifiers/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X