Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A rash of D2 basketball stars are entering the portal ... to move up.

This is going to become a yearly item.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      A rash of D2 basketball stars are entering the portal ... to move up.

This is going to become a yearly item.
      I know of a team in Oakland that would probably be willing to take just about anybody at this point!

Comment

• Youngstown State hit with NCAA penalties from recruiting infractions during the Bo Pelini era. 41 impermissible contacts with a potential DII transfer. Hmm.

Comment

• Anybody watch the Pitt Blue and Gold game today? I would imagine the IUPMonk did. Nice showing for some players. The gold won 30-0. There certainly was some talent on display. i see Pickett having a big year with some very nice targets to throw to. One intriguing one was former Florida TE Lucas Krull #7. 6-6, 260 with a 4.6. Some pundits saying he could possibly be a first round pick next April in the NFL draft.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
            Youngstown State hit with NCAA penalties from recruiting infractions during the Bo Pelini era. 41 impermissible contacts with a potential DII transfer. Hmm.
            Worth noting that RB Jaleel McLaughlin, who gained eleventy gazillion yards in two years at D2 Notre Dame, transferred to Youngstown last year and was their leading rusher this spring.
            http://www.indianagazette.com
            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

Worth noting that RB Jaleel McLaughlin, who gained eleventy gazillion yards in two years at D2 Notre Dame, transferred to Youngstown last year and was their leading rusher this spring.
              Wow that got lost in the shuffle. I remember there were heavy rumors he was trying to leave ND but I don't recall reading it on here (when it actually happened).

Comment

• Wow I missed Lance Leipold to Kansas.

Comment

Wow I missed Lance Leipold to Kansas.
                  I'm surprised he took that job. Kansas is probably the hardest place to coach within the P5 with the outdated facilities, lack of history on the gridiron especially when competing against Texas, A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & heck even WVU. I was hoping when Temple lost Manny Diaz they went and brought Leipoid to Philly, I'm sure he would have done better than the current coach we are stuck with but administration went with stability over improving the team.

Comment

• This is an interesting one...head coach at Stetson resigned...to become president at little Doane University in Nebraska.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                      I'm surprised he took that job. Kansas is probably the hardest place to coach within the P5 with the outdated facilities, lack of history on the gridiron especially when competing against Texas, A&M, Baylor, Oklahoma, Oklahoma State & heck even WVU.
                      To me, Vanderbilt seems like the hardest job in P5. Maybe Washington State.

Anyway, I think Kansas could be one of those programs that has obvious potential but just needs the right leader to develop things (like Minnesota).

It's not far from Kansas City, and within 500 miles you've also got Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Minneapolis, and Denver. There's a lot of competition in that area, but the right guy could land some outstanding players. It's already known as a basketball power, and Lawrence is a pretty nice college town. Leipold's wife grew up within 100 miles of there and still has family in the area. Plus, Kansas gave him a 6-year, $16.5 million contract. He made about $625,000 last year at Buffalo.

Comment

To me, Vanderbilt seems like the hardest job in P5. Maybe Washington State.

Anyway, I think Kansas could be one of those programs that has obvious potential but just needs the right leader to develop things (like Minnesota).

It's not far from Kansas City, and within 500 miles you've also got Dallas, St. Louis, Chicago, Minneapolis, and Denver. There's a lot of competition in that area, but the right guy could land some outstanding players. It's already known as a basketball power, and Lawrence is a pretty nice college town. Leipold's wife grew up within 100 miles of there and still has family in the area. Plus, Kansas gave him a 6-year, $16.5 million contract. He made about $625,000 last year at Buffalo.
                        I think the service academies are #1 but I agree that Vanderbilt and Washington State are tough as heck. Maybe throw in Cal and Syracuse, too in the Mt Rushmore of most difficult.
                        Last edited by Fightingscot82; 05-10-2021, 10:28 AM.

Comment

I think the service academies are #1
                          For sure, if you're talking about all DI. That's probably a huge reason those academies run variations of run-first offenses. Insanely difficult job.
                          Shipfan1 was talking about P5 schools. I'd add Duke and Purdue, too.

Comment

For sure, if you're talking about all DI. That's probably a huge reason those academies run variations of run-first offenses. Insanely difficult job.
                            Shipfan1 was talking about P5 schools. I'd add Duke and Purdue, too.
                            Hell if Jim Gaffigan could play for Purdue they can't be that great haha. His show at the KCAC was just rescheduled for Aug 21.

Comment

• I see that rather sadly former Hawaii QB standout and Heisman finalist Colt Brennan passed away at the age of 37. He apparently had some horrible problems with alcohol.

Comment

• Matt Campbell turned down a contract offer of 8 years, $68.5 million from the Detroit Lions to remain at Iowa State. Good for him.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X