Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
    Pitt football gets a $20 million donation. Surprisingly I haven't seen any Pittwits griping that it should have gone toward a stadium.
    The talk is all about how they named the head coaching position after the guy, which definitely sounds odd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Chuck Norris View Post

The talk is all about how they named the head coaching position after the guy, which definitely sounds odd.
      It sounds odd but is a recent trend in FBS football fundraising. I'm impressed that Pitt attracted such a substantial donation for football.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It sounds odd but is a recent trend in FBS football fundraising. I'm impressed that Pitt attracted such a substantial donation for football.

Que the Yinzers ... "let's tear down half of Forbes Ave and get our own stadium back ..."

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Que the Yinzers ... "let's tear down half of Forbes Ave and get our own stadium back ..."
          That's the hottest area in the city right now for real estate. It would cost $100MM just for land acquisition to build a $60-80MM stadium.

Comment

• Heinz Field only let in 33% occupancy today. Lol. Just kidding. Looks like Pitt filled about 1/3 of it.

Comment

Heinz Field only let in 33% occupancy today. Lol. Just kidding. Looks like Pitt filled about 1/3 of it.

Comment

• Randy Edsall out at UCONN.

Comment

Randy Edsall out at UCONN.
                  Up next should be Rod Carey after that pitiful showing at Rutgers last Saturday. If they lose or struggle to defeat Akron this Saturday just send him and his OC/DC on the next greyhound bus back to Illinois,...

Comment

He's getting his full salary too.

Comment

it will never happen, but they need to drop back to FCS. UMass too. UConn has too much wrapped up in their stadium to drop down.

Comment

• The Big 12 has approved BYU, UCF, Houston & Cincinnati as members of their conference. Meanwhile the AAC is now looking at Rice, UAB & Charlotte as potential replacements for the 3 departed universities. I would have rather replaced Rice with Delaware or James Madison IMO. Rice offers nothing in FB and BB.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Up next should be Rod Carey after that pitiful showing at Rutgers last Saturday. If they lose or struggle to defeat Akron this Saturday just send him and his OC/DC on the next greyhound bus back to Illinois,...
                          I believe Temple will give him the entire season to coach before they make a decision. But it would not surprise me since the program appears to have done a nose-dive after a 8-5 first year in 2019.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

I believe Temple will give him the entire season to coach before they make a decision. But it would not surprise me since the program appears to have done a nose-dive after a 8-5 first year in 2019.
                            Even if the 2020 season was normal I don't think he would have done better than 6-6 he's a average coach didn't win bowl games at NIU and nothing on his resume said he would be able to keep local guys home, not just Philly kids but Jersey, DE, MD, NY, VA, DC kids which is what our previous coaches made an emphasis. They should have hired Fran Brown and let him learn on the job at least he would have been bringing in talent, our classes the last 2 years have been very underwhelming. Chris Infante the RB coach is probably better equipped and more ready to lead Temple than Carey at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                              The Big 12 has approved BYU, UCF, Houston & Cincinnati as members of their conference. Meanwhile the AAC is now looking at Rice, UAB & Charlotte as potential replacements for the 3 departed universities. I would have rather replaced Rice with Delaware or James Madison IMO. Rice offers nothing in FB and BB.
                              Surprised SMU didn't go Big 12. They check all the boxes plus would wrap up the DFW market with TCU. Oh well.

I don't think Delaware or JMU are interested in moving up right now. Maybe they can convince some teams to bump back down to FCS: UMass, UConn, maybe even Temple. Temple-Nova could be a fun football rivalry.

Comment

• I think Temple thinks they can't play FCS ball in a NFL stadium. They struggle as is to keep 25k fans in a 70k stadium, drop down and play Maine or Rhode Island and it drops to probably 8-12k tops besides homecoming against Nova/Delaware. I've heard from sources that JMU definitely wants to follow Coastal Carolina, App State and move up but only for an AAC invite where they can land all their athletic programs. They're not interested in the Sun Belt or CUSA. Delaware I agree probably is not looking to move up for a while as they're still renovating their stadium, rebuilding their BB and FB programs

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X