Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Lol yeah ... Miami slaps Pitt around nearly every year.

They looked good last night. Nice win over NC State.

I'm terrified of NC. They seem to own the 'Duz.
    I'm as jaded and pessimistic as they come as far as Pitt fandom goes. But none of those teams that got "owned" by UNC or got "slapped around" by Miami had this quarterback leading this offense. They can lose to both. But it won't have anything to do with anything of previous history.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

It was the start of the 4th quarter. I thought the game was over or it was a blowout because the upper bowl was nearly empty and the lower bowl was maybe half full and I could see blue & gold walking all over the North Shore. Flipped on the radio broadcast and was surprised that the game was still on let alone close (Pitt was up by 10 at that point).

LOL why would I take my family to a Pitt football game?
      You're reaching, pal. There's plenty of videos showing Sweet Caroline between the 3rd and 4th quarters that describe stadium exactly in the manner in which I did. Lower bowl was filled. Home side upper bowl mostly filled. End zone upper level filled with the exception of one small pocket. The upper level on the visitors side half filled.

If you're looking for Pitt to sell out Heinz Field, it would just be better for you to stop looking. Because that's not happening.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

You're reaching, pal. There's plenty of videos showing Sweet Caroline between the 3rd and 4th quarters that describe stadium exactly in the manner in which I did. Lower bowl was filled. Home side upper bowl mostly filled. End zone upper level filled with the exception of one small pocket. The upper level on the visitors side half filled.

If you're looking for Pitt to sell out Heinz Field, it would just be better for you to stop looking. Because that's not happening.
        I'm not reaching for anything. I drove across the Ft Pitt and Ft Duquesne bridges and the stadium looked like it was emptying. I have no agenda or any reason to embellish what I saw. Sorry I struck a nerve. Maybe you should have attended UPJ to get a Pitt degree.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm not reaching for anything. I drove across the Ft Pitt and Ft Duquesne bridges and the stadium looked like it was emptying. I have no agenda or any reason to embellish what I saw. Sorry I struck a nerve. Maybe you should have attended UPJ to get a Pitt degree.
          So are you saying that you can't be a graduate of a PSAC school and also be a fan of a Division 1 university? Or are you trying to imply something else regarding your snide comment about UPJ?

Apologies, I chose where I went to school for based on what degree I wanted to obtain. I was a Pitt fan and was going to games there long before I ever stepped foot on campus at IUP.

Comment

Pitt can lose to Miami, but it won't be because they lost focus or got a big head. Miami has arguably the most talented roster in the ACC every year. The recruiting rankings would back that up. It's simply a matter of how focused they are each week. Personally, I'm glad they are playing Miami this week instead of somebody like Syracuse. They'll understand that they have a good football team coming in that wants to beat them on Saturday. Them being next up forces them to refocus really quick.

Comment

• I simply think that those "other times" were much different teams. They had a great team in 2009 with some great players. I'm not sure when else they've ever been on the brink in my lifetime (I'm 28). This is a good team led by a good quarterback.

Comment

If Penn State loses to Ohio State, Michigan, and Michigan State, which is possible, they might play in one of the bowl games that their fans make fun of Pitt for playing in every year.

Comment

• The BIG also had some dramatically overrated teams in the preseason poll. Wisconsin stinks. Iowa was an imposter. PSU just lost to Clarion -- and may get run out of the building in Columbus this weekend.

The ACC, minus Clemson, has been pretty average for a long time. Pitt has a golden path with a legitimate Heisman candidate at QB. They have to cash in.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• College football is all about perception. The ACC isn't any worse or weaker this year. Just the teams that people expected to be good aren't, and the masses can't fathom that concept. If you put an orange helmet with a pawprint on Wake Forest, they'd be ranked #3 in the country. If Pitt's colors were maroon and orange, and they entered each week to Enter Sandman, they'd be the 10th ranked team in the country. If NC State or Virginia had Mack Brown as their coach and Carolina blue jerseys, they'd be in the top 20.

I'm not saying that any of those teams are elite, or even great for that matter, but it's simply a perception conversation. The perception of the ACC is that Clemson, UNC, and VT came into the year with a ton of hype. None have lived up to it. Therefore it's automatically assumed that the conference doesn't have any good teams. When that's not necessarily true.

Comment

• In other D1 news James Madison BOT meets Friday to vote on accepting an Sun Belt offer that would move them up to FBS football. Also that meeting also includes approving campaign to finish their stadium expansion as it stands at 25k right now but with the move up they'll tear down the old existing stands and complete the renovation to bring capacity to 35-40k.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post
                            In other D1 news James Madison BOT meets Friday to vote on accepting an Sun Belt offer that would move them up to FBS football. Also that meeting also includes approving campaign to finish their stadium expansion as it stands at 25k right now but with the move up they'll tear down the old existing stands and complete the renovation to bring capacity to 35-40k.
                            Sun Belt is looking to add JMU, Liberty, and Old Dominion.

UPDATE: it now appears to be ODU, Marshall, and JMU.

Put a fork in C-USA.
                            Last edited by Fightingscot82; 10-28-2021, 06:14 AM.

Comment

• Mel Kiper just bumped Pitt QB Kenny Pickett to the top of his QB Draft board.

That is some serious media attention that goes along with it ... should help his Heisman campaign.

Comment

• Conference USA is throwing a hail mary. They're looking to add New Mexico State, Liberty, and UConn (wow that's a drop).

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X