Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Totally off topic, but, ... Not sure Will Smith will have any more movies.
    Lol one thing about Hollywood there's always some big drama to replace the previous big story. He will lay low for another 6 months wait for the next celebrity to do something stupid then book a major film and use it as his "redemption project".

Comment

Totally off topic, but, ... Not sure Will Smith will have any more movies.
      If Mel Gibson still gets work and Roman Polanski still gets honors, Will Smith is alright.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

If Mel Gibson still gets work and Roman Polanski still gets honors, Will Smith is alright.
        He's gone. For Will Smith to come back from that he's going to have to do some serious public service work and allow some time to pass. Kind of like what Jerry Lewis did for Muscular Dystrophy after making fun of people with Muscular Dystrophy his whole career.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

He's gone. For Will Smith to come back from that he's going to have to do some serious public service work and allow some time to pass. Kind of like what Jerry Lewis did for Muscular Dystrophy after making fun of people with Muscular Dystrophy his whole career.

Terrible scene at The Hollywood Bowl last night with Dave Chapelle being attacked on stage. After they removed the assailant via ambulance (Chapelle's security pummeled the guy) the show continued. Chris Rock actually went on after Chapelle and naturally used the scene as an opening joke ... asking if 'that dude was Will Smith'

That could have certainly turned out worse. It turned out the attacker did have what they are calling a 'knife shaped like a gun'

Comment

Terrible scene at The Hollywood Bowl last night with Dave Chapelle being attacked on stage. After they removed the assailant via ambulance (Chapelle's security pummeled the guy) the show continued. Chris Rock actually went on after Chapelle and naturally used the scene as an opening joke ... asking if 'that dude was Will Smith'

That could have certainly turned out worse. It turned out the attacker did have what they are calling a 'knife shaped like a gun'
            Dave was definitely lucky he wasn't harmed. I question how the suspect got the weapon into the venue with a weapon and made it past security. I've never been to Hollywood but the venues here in Philly they pat you down pretty thoroughly while also requiring you to pass through a metal detector or get wand down by security.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Dave was definitely lucky he wasn't harmed. I question how the suspect got the weapon into the venue with a weapon and made it past security. I've never been to Hollywood but the venues here in Philly they pat you down pretty thoroughly while also requiring you to pass through a metal detector or get wand down by security.
              I believe the Hollywood Bowl is a park run by the city or county. That could naturally cause some security issues.

Comment

• Oh FFS

https://triblive.com/news/pennsylvan...aterno-statue/

Comment

Truly pathetic. Ped State at its finest.

Comment

Comment

• The Miami Hurricanes landed a stud QB over the weekend (for $9.5 million).

Kid picked The U over a reported $11m offer from Florida (and its mega boosters).

Not a bad income at 18 years old.

Comment

The Miami Hurricanes landed a stud QB over the weekend (for $9.5 million).

Kid picked The U over a reported $11m offer from Florida (and its mega boosters).

Not a bad income at 18 years old.
                        I hope they're investing heavily in mental health for these kids taking the large $ NIL deals. As the late great Notorious BIG said more money more problems. Those checks look good but if your play isn't matching the money being paid those boosters, fans and locals will be terrorizing them verbally and threats will be made. With the amounts being publicly disclosed they may also want to invest in security

Comment

I hope they're investing heavily in mental health for these kids taking the large $ NIL deals. As the late great Notorious BIG said more money more problems. Those checks look good but if your play isn't matching the money being paid those boosters, fans and locals will be terrorizing them verbally and threats will be made. With the amounts being publicly disclosed they may also want to invest in security
                          Wait until an All American is charged with tax evasion for not paying taxes on NIL earnings.

Comment

Kids who were perceived to have failed at football factories were being subject to some brutal online and in-person treatment before all this NIL money was being spread around. I can't imagine what some $2 million QB hero is going to face if he flops as a starter. As you say, the money looks good, but some of these kids have no idea what they're letting themselves in for. I'll probably still look at a D1 game occasionally, but overall I'm pretty much done with it. Ship and the PSAC hold a lot more appeal for me these days.
                            Last edited by Ship69; 06-30-2022, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

Kids who perceived to have failed at football factories were being subject to some brutal online and in-person treatment before all this NIL money was being spread around. I can't imagine what some $2 million QB hero is going to face if he flops as a starter. As you say, the money looks good, but some of these kids have no idea what they're letting themselves in for. I'll probably still look at a D1 game occasionally, but overall I'm pretty much done with it. Ship and the PSAC hold a lot more appeal for me these days.

Well, other side of the coin is an 18-year-old is making a massive, 7-figure income. Say he flops ... he still got $4 million dollars. He can get his degree and then work 25 years and not make that much.

But, yes, giving a kid $9.5m in Miami Beach of all places ... what a world. And, it's not like it's the schools' money. The mega boosters are going to become so powerful at these schools because you can't buy these kids now unless you have millions and million to offer them.

I loved when Jordan Addison (former Pitt star now at USC) entered the portal. His Mom said not to even call if the offer was under $3.5m. That may have been a bargain for one year.

Comment

Well, other side of the coin is an 18-year-old is making a massive, 7-figure income. Say he flops ... he still got $4 million dollars. He can get his degree and then work 25 years and not make that much.

But, yes, giving a kid $9.5m in Miami Beach of all places ... what a world. And, it's not like it's the schools' money. The mega boosters are going to become so powerful at these schools because you can't buy these kids now unless you have millions and million to offer them.

I loved when Jordan Addison (former Pitt star now at USC) entered the portal. His Mom said not to even call if the offer was under $3.5m. That may have been a bargain for one year.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X