Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

According to federal reporting data, if Penn State's main campus were in New Jersey (kind of like a reverse Dr. Oz), Penn State would be top 5 for New Jersey students enrolled.

I bet there are more NJ students attending Penn State's main campus than from all of western PA. The student culture there is incredibly mid-atlantic: Philly, New Jersey, DMV, Long Island. Very affluent, very entitled, etc.
    Villanova is the same way.

Comment

According to federal reporting data, if Penn State's main campus were in New Jersey (kind of like a reverse Dr. Oz), Penn State would be top 5 for New Jersey students enrolled.

I bet there are more NJ students attending Penn State's main campus than from all of western PA. The student culture there is incredibly mid-atlantic: Philly, New Jersey, DMV, Long Island. Very affluent, very entitled, etc.
      When I was at Bloomsburg there were quite a few NJ students. Not the same volume as a place like PSU but I was surprised at how many of them came over here for school. No idea if that’s still the case.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheBigCat2192 View Post

When I was at Bloomsburg there were quite a few NJ students. Not the same volume as a place like PSU but I was surprised at how many of them came over here for school. No idea if that’s still the case.
        That's pretty much the case for a lot of PASSHE schools in the East. West Chester, Kutztown and East Stroudsburg draw a lot of students from Jersey from what I've seen.
        Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• The Penn State foosball team might ask the Nits hockey team how the beat top ranked teams. In the span of 7 days the Nits knocked off #1 ranked Meatchicken in hockey then did it again against Minnehaha after they took over the top ranking.

https://gopsusports.com/news/2022/11...8F0OmJr5WKemfg

Comment

• For those who haven't seen the updates since this morning, at UVA a former football player shot and killed 3 current UVA football players on campus. Unsure if the two other victims in the hospital are current or former football players. Just awful.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shootin...y-of-virginia/

Comment

• That move to the Big South for football isn't working well for Bob's School of Business. This past Saturday they lost 27-9 to Murray State to go to 0-10 on the year. They've been outscored 342-103 so far this season heading into the finale vs. Bryant. Its not going well either on the basketball side, going 10-40 since joining the Horizon League in 2020.

Comment

For those who haven't seen the updates since this morning, at UVA a former football player shot and killed 3 current UVA football players on campus. Unsure if the two other victims in the hospital are current or former football players. Just awful.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/shootin...y-of-virginia/
                Heartbreaking and senseless. The kid was on the radar screen for trouble too, but no action was taken. Now here we are. What a shame.

Comment

• Originally posted by EyeoftheHawk View Post

Heartbreaking and senseless. The kid was on the radar screen for trouble too, but no action was taken. Now here we are. What a shame.
                  Behavior intervention and threat assessment at colleges is what I do for a living. Sometimes its hard to do something - especially for public schools if the kid lives off campus. You can alert police but they often won't act unless a crime has occurred. But you're right - he was on their radar for a while. Too often students pop up as a concern from multiple places on campus - athletics, counseling center, housing, etc. Professors are getting much better at reporting when students have a sudden change in demeanor or do something that seems off. What's especially frustrating is that he had prior concerns about guns - including real gun charges. I'm curious about why he left the football team and if it was related to behavior.

Over in Idaho, it appears someone was targeting people in Greek Life. 4 killed by stabbing.

What a world we're in. Yikes.

Comment

That move to the Big South for football isn't working well for Bob's School of Business. This past Saturday they lost 27-9 to Murray State to go to 0-10 on the year. They've been outscored 342-103 so far this season heading into the finale vs. Bryant. Its not going well either on the basketball side, going 10-40 since joining the Horizon League in 2020.
                    What was the thinking for them to move conferences? I never paid attention.

Comment

Behavior intervention and threat assessment at colleges is what I do for a living. Sometimes its hard to do something - especially for public schools if the kid lives off campus. You can alert police but they often won't act unless a crime has occurred. But you're right - he was on their radar for a while. Too often students pop up as a concern from multiple places on campus - athletics, counseling center, housing, etc. Professors are getting much better at reporting when students have a sudden change in demeanor or do something that seems off. What's especially frustrating is that he had prior concerns about guns - including real gun charges. I'm curious about why he left the football team and if it was related to behavior.

Over in Idaho, it appears someone was targeting people in Greek Life. 4 killed by stabbing.

What a world we're in. Yikes.
                      Yeah, my comment wasn’t to point blame at anyone as much as it was to point out that he was on the radar, yet, who could have predicted this would be the outcome. What about others that have ho history of displaying mental illness and just snap one day? It’s an almost impossible situation. My M.A. is in psychology and I still do some work in that area. I appreciate the work you’re doing, which I know is very difficult.

Comment

It's possible, considering New Jersey and more broadly the southern half of the Northeast Megalopolis (NYC metro area to DC metro area, plus smaller metro areas within 100 miles to the north and west, like the ABE area, Harrisburg, Lancaster, etc.) totally dwarfs the population of Pennsylvania that is west of both the Susquehanna River and I-81.

Comment

• Vols getting hammered in Columbia.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                            Vols getting hammered in Columbia.
                            Yup, gave up 63 points and over 600 yards to a South Carolina team that had the 11th-best offense in the SEC coming into the game. I'll bet their lovely online fan base has plenty to say about that one.

Comment

• Wisconsin hard after Luke Fickell.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                                Wisconsin hard after Luke Fickell.
                                Didn't see that one coming. Wow.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X