Clear All

• Nebraska hires Matt Rhule.

Comment

• Fickell to Madison now official.

Big hire for the Badgers.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Nebraska hires Matt Rhule.
        Not sure about this move for Matt. The Big 10 will always be ruled by Ohio State & Michigan with PSU and Wisconsin in the second tier to once in a few seasons win the league. Nebraska while playing in the Western Division has an easier path to the Big 10 championship game will have a tough battle getting the quality of recruits needed to win the league. Matt would've been better going after the WVU job once it becomes available. Easier to sell kids to Morgantown from the East Coast than Lincoln lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          Fickell to Madison now official.

Now that was smart on Fickell's behalf, he had the perfect job at Cincinnati and only left for a good fit P5 job. Wisconsin isn't far removed from being a top 15 program. He should have them back in the hunt for the Big 10 Western Division title in 2 years or so.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
            Fickell to Madison now official.

Nebraska and Wisconsin were both good hires — something the B1G West badly needed. Those two programs were supposed to be the bedforck of the West when the divisions were formed, and their deterioration has thrown the divisions badly out of alignment. I do think Chryst had done a good job at maintaining the Wisconsin program and basically got screwed for one bad season. Rhule has a reputation for building programs, and Nebraska badly needs a rebuild at the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Not sure about this move for Matt. The Big 10 will always be ruled by Ohio State & Michigan with PSU and Wisconsin in the second tier to once in a few seasons win the league. Nebraska while playing in the Western Division has an easier path to the Big 10 championship game will have a tough battle getting the quality of recruits needed to win the league. Matt would've been better going after the WVU job once it becomes available. Easier to sell kids to Morgantown from the East Coast than Lincoln lol.
              The BIG is rumored to be ditching divisions.

Comment

I think its a good move. It sounds like WVU is not going to be open this year and they'll wait another year to can Neal. His buyout seems to be too big for them. I don't disagree if both were on the table, but WVU isn't. Nebraska has a lot of money still and he's a program builder. The big ten West sucks, he could easily be the sacrificial lamb to Michigan/OSU every year as the big ten west champs. Wisconsin just got a good hire with Fickell, but the rest of the division isn't anything. I still think there is a chance for Nebraska to get back to at least Bo Pelini levels, as they do still tend to grab decent recruiting classes.

Comment

Now that was smart on Fickell's behalf, he had the perfect job at Cincinnati and only left for a good fit P5 job. Wisconsin isn't far removed from being a top 15 program. He should have them back in the hunt for the Big 10 Western Division title in 2 years or so.
                  Madison is one of the most underrated places to live in the country. Summers there are amazing. If he could sell Cincinnati, he'll do just fine. Cincy - city and university - when compared to Pittsburgh and Pitt are like following up a break-up by dating someone who looks incredibly similar but not as good as your ex. If you squint your eyes (or drink a 6 pack) it feels the same.

Comment

• Curt Cig being mentioned on several vacancies.

Comment

Madison is one of the most underrated places to live in the country. Summers there are amazing. If he could sell Cincinnati, he'll do just fine. Cincy - city and university - when compared to Pittsburgh and Pitt are like following up a break-up by dating someone who looks incredibly similar but not as good as your ex. If you squint your eyes (or drink a 6 pack) it feels the same.
                      It’s still in the Midwest. How people can live so far from the oceans is puzzling to me. I’m too used to being able to be at thd coast line in 2 hours

Comment

Curt Cig being mentioned on several vacancies.
                        Now he May bide his time for the WVU job.

Comment

Madison is one of the best 'college towns' on Earth.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

It’s still in the Midwest. How people can live so far from the oceans is puzzling to me. I’m too used to being able to be at thd coast line in 2 hours
                            There are some people in Florida who could tell you the oceans are fine as long as you don't live too close to them. The upper Midwest is a fine place to live. If you like water they have a little thing called lakes — several thousand of them in fact.

Comment

Curt Cig being mentioned on several vacancies.
                              Curt is 61. This could be his last shot at the big time.

But, James Madison is a sweet gig.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The ocean is nice, but the Great Lakes don't have salt, sharks, jellyfish, etc. And frequently the waves are just as big as the Atlantic coast.

Plus Madison is like State College sitting on waterfront. Yeah, its in Wisconsin but Madison is really, really nice. Shockingly nice.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X