Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

There are some people in Florida who could tell you the oceans are fine as long as you don't live too close to them. The upper Midwest is a fine place to live. If you like water they have a little thing called lakes — several thousand of them in fact.
    No..too far in the middle. Plus the tundra freezes…:-)

The Mid Atlantic along 95 is the best place to live…it’s just too convenient.
    Last edited by IUPNation; 11-28-2022, 11:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

The ocean is nice, but the Great Lakes don't have salt, sharks, jellyfish, etc. And frequently the waves are just as big as the Atlantic coast.

Plus Madison is like State College sitting on waterfront. Yeah, it’s in Wisconsin but Madison is really, really nice. Shockingly nice.
      Madison isnt near anything and lakes aren’t the ocean. I want the Delaware beaches…not Lake Meatchicken.

I have a friend from IUP who doesn’t live far from Madison and she’d move back to Pittsburgh in a heart beat.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

No..too far in the middle. Plus the tundra freezes…:-)

The Mid Atlantic along 95 is the best place to live…it’s just too convenient.
        I've lived in the middle. It's just fine. I-95 is one of the worst driving experiences among many bad interstate driving experiences in the U.S.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ship69 View Post

I've lived in the middle. It's just fine. I-95 is one of the worst driving experiences among many bad interstate driving experiences in the U.S.
          That’s why you take Amtrak. I’d never drive to New York.

Comment

• Curt Cig reportedly has been offered an interview for the Cincinnati job.

I bet we'll also see former Edinboro head coach Justin Lustig (currently associate head coach & STC at Vanderbilt) mentioned for some G5 jobs. James Franklin had tried to poach him a year ago.

Comment

• PSU DB Joey Porter Jr. (Pittsburgh local) has declared for the NFL Draft and will skip their bowl game.

Comment

Curt Cig reportedly has been offered an interview for the Cincinnati job.

I bet we'll also see former Edinboro head coach Justin Lustig (currently associate head coach & STC at Vanderbilt) mentioned for some G5 jobs. James Franklin had tried to poach him a year ago.
                I wish somebody would poach James Franklin.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

I wish somebody would poach James Franklin.
                  Big Game James can't win Big Games.

His record at PSU against the Top 25 is horrible -- and even worse (as in winless since 2016)) against the Top 10.

But, he pretty much dominates the next tier.

It's an interesting situation. He recruits very well. His program is pretty clean. It's probably just a matter of how long the heavy brass up there wants to keep being second and third fiddle to Columbus and Ann Arbor.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

His record at PSU against the Top 25 is horrible -- and even worse (as in winless since 2016)) against the Top 10.

It's an interesting situation. He recruits very well. His program is pretty clean. It's probably just a matter of how long the heavy brass up there wants to keep being second and third fiddle to Columbus and Ann Arbor.
                    The heavy brass is delusional up there. Maybe once a decade they will catch Columbus and Ann Arbor when they are down, otherwise this is what they are.

Comment

I do have to say as I always do, there is value in sticking with someone. I think we could say the same thing about the guy in Ann Arbor for several years. Its just one season and by a hair but he's #1 now. Franklin does seem to have trouble keeping coordinators; I don't know enough to diagnose that - is he developing guys or turning them off? Or maybe the coordinator turnover has stalled his achievements.
                      Last edited by Fightingscot82; 12-01-2022, 10:21 AM.

Comment

I do have to say as I always do, there is value in sticking with someone. I think we could say the same thing about the guy in Ann Arbor for several years. Its just one season and by a hair but he's #1 now. Franklin does seem to have trouble keeping coordinators; I don't know enough to diagnose that - is he developing guys or turning them off? Or maybe the coordinator turnover has stalled his achievements.
                        I'm not in a position to analyze Franklin's performance but I do know that PSU is ranked #8 in the country - #7 in the coaches poll.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm not in a position to analyze Franklin's performance but I do know that PSU is ranked #8 in the country - #7 in the coaches poll.
                          Kings of the B-List. No doubt.

Question is ... is that good enough? Read most PSU boards and the answer is no.

Comment

Kings of the B-List. No doubt.

Question is ... is that good enough? Read most PSU boards and the answer is no.
                            In 2 years, where they sit right now will have them comfortably in the playoff. That may change perception at PSU and a number of other schools.

Comment

Madison is one of the best 'college towns' on Earth.
                              Agreed. Been there for work on multiple occasions and really enjoy it. They pack the town on weekends during the summer with bands, street markets, etc. Winter...not the same place.

Comment

All true. We'll see what the big influx of dollars he asked for to catch up to the Ohio State's and Michigan's of the world do. Eventually you have to win a few of those games. I think an expanded playoff well help teams like Penn State that are in a really tough division and making a four team playoff is almost impossible. Look at Ohio State this year. I'll never defend the Buckeye's but the reality is they'd be favored against two of the four teams that will be in the playoff. Frankly, Penn State and USC is probably a tossup and I have to imagine Penn State would be favored over TCU.

I can't wait for the field to expand!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X