Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It's going to be a great time to be a ticket scalper in places like State College, Columbus, etc.
    hell I imagine many of the big time schools will be SCALPING their own tickets

Probably season tickets holders getting 1st shot

Comment

Just released by CAL U includes change of semester, Aug 17- Thanksgiving, hybrid classes, part in person and part remote, and NO VISITORS IN RESIDENCE HALLS. I'm a bit skeptical on that last one but they seem to have put some thought into this.....

https://www.calu.edu/news/2020/campu...-for-fall.aspx

Comment

Here are the latest projections. Only projections, but none of it looks good...

https://covid19.healthdata.org/unite...&ICID=ref_fark

Comment

Originally posted by Sec10-A-14 View Post

hell I imagine many of the big time schools will be SCALPING their own tickets

Probably season tickets holders getting 1st shot
          "Hey can I overpay for a ticket that includes the chance to catch a deadly virus?" PLEASE?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

"Hey can I overpay for a ticket that includes the chance to catch a deadly virus?" PLEASE?!?!?
            Let's all think in terms of herd immunity. It might be the only way we get through this thing. Unfortunately all of us will not be here by the time we achieve it. We may lose 500,000.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Let's all think in terms of herd immunity. It might be the only way we get through this thing. Unfortunately all of us will not be here by the time we achieve it. We may lose 500,000.

-
              That's unacceptable IMO. We've dealt with pandemics before, but our lack of leadership and willingness to do the right thing rather than the profitable thing has burdened us in many ways. On the other hand, we may see a settling in the business and entertainment world that many said was overdue...Florida, Texas, and Arizona all set records for new cases yesterday...How about that stock market though?! (sarcasm)

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
                Herd immunity to COVID-19 is an idea. It's something that could take several years or it could never happen. From what I understand it is possible but I wouldn't count on it. Right now we don't even know if there is individual immunity to it.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Herd immunity to COVID-19 is an idea. It's something that could take several years or it could never happen. From what I understand it is possible but I wouldn't count on it. Right now we don't even know if there is individual immunity to it.
                  Herd Immunity is 14th Century technology...So is social distancing...We have no excuse for not coming up with a 21st century solution...

Comment

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rmat-play-2020

I get that this is meant for the professional level; however, I'm thinking keeping collegiate student-athletes in a "bubble" (isolated from the community and tested every day) would be even less feasible.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post
                      https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...rmat-play-2020

I get that this is meant for the professional level; however, I'm thinking keeping collegiate student-athletes in a "bubble" (isolated from the community and tested every day) would be even less feasible.
                      100% impossible

Comment

Are we 100% sure IUP FB players are ALL returning? Just curious.

Comment

Originally posted by Ballin51 View Post
                          Are we 100% sure IUP FB players are ALL returning? Just curious.
                          Never 100% sure. That's life in the bush leagues.

Comment

Herd Immunity is 14th Century technology...So is social distancing...We have no excuse for not coming up with a 21st century solution...
                            You should come up with it then. If the top scientists in the world can't .... surely the voice of East Stroudsburg could.

Comment

I know MY limitations...I'll be wearing a mask, which in Asian countries is a sign of respect for others. Imagine that!
                              Last edited by WarriorVoice; 06-19-2020, 04:54 AM.

Comment

I know MY limitations...I'll be wearing a mask, which in Asian countries is a sign of respect for others. Imagine that!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X