Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I dunno fellas. After seeing Clemson has 21 players tested for COVID-19, not sure if we will make it to the season opener:

https://www.espn.com/college-footbal...latest-testing

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post
      I dunno fellas. After seeing Clemson has 21 players tested for COVID-19, not sure if we will make it to the season opener:

Comment

Never saw so much soccer coverage. Double M loves it

Comment

Here in the Pokes, folks are wearing masks everywhere. I think our proximity to a hot spot really made people take it seriously here...With LSU quarantining 30 or more players this week, is there anyone thinking football season will make it more than a few weeks?! So many programs are going to be affected by this!!

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Here in the Pokes, folks are wearing masks everywhere. I think our proximity to a hot spot really made people take it seriously here...With LSU quarantining 30 or more players this week, is there anyone thinking football season will make it more than a few weeks?! So many programs are going to be affected by this!!
            You can now add Clemson with early issues, at least 21 players testing positive:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

You can now add Clemson with early issues, at least 21 players testing positive:

If this many football players are testing positive is there any reason not to think that many thousand in the regular student body would test positive?

Just thinking out loud but I think we are having a 'Houston, we have a problem' moment.
              Last edited by iupgroundhog; 06-20-2020, 10:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

If this many football players are testing positive is there any reason not to think that many thousand in the regular student body would test positive?

Just thinking out loud but I think we are having a 'Houston, we have a problem' moment.
                Football players are testing positive because they are actually getting tested. Many of us may have had it and not even knew it.

Campuses will be a giant crap show. Kids are going to go nuts.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Football players are testing positive because they are actually getting tested. Many of us may have had it and not even knew it.

That is the truth!

Comment

The way we're going we may never know how many people had it, and those who have passed from it, paid the price for all of us...

Comment

No doubt about that! I went to a birthday party a few weeks ago just with family members present. But the young kids had been to several campgrounds and probably around a lot of their relatives in the weeks prior. Well, the next few days after said party I did notice my lungs felt kind of odd and different. No fever or any other symptoms. Feel absolutely fine now. Did I get exposed to it? Possibly. This s hit is everywhere. Maybe it is better to get a little bit of it in your system and hope that you will then be immune to it.

Herd immunity is our only real chance at the moment to get through this. Many will die but many, many will live and be fine. Or so we hope that is how it works. I don't think the medical and science community can even tell us that.

I know that living in rural western PA Lyme Disease is a big concern. I know people who have had it. I have always spent much time in the outdoors and the woods. I've probably dug no fewer than 100 ticks out of me over the years. To the best of my knowledge I don't have it. My guess is that I probably got exposed to some of it years back and gained a protective immunity from it. Or on the other hand maybe I do have it and I just don't know it. Hard to say. I never really had any of the spotlight symptoms of it.

We all need to build our immunity to Covid-19. Or maybe there is no such thing. Hard to know. Our president, government, and medical/scientific professionals haven't offered much in the way of solutions or leadership.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

No doubt about that! I went to a birthday party a few weeks ago just with family members present. But the young kids had been to several campgrounds and probably around a lot of their relatives in the weeks prior. Well, the next few days after said party I did notice my lungs felt kind of odd and different. No fever or any other symptoms. Feel absolutely fine now. Did I get exposed to it? Possibly. This s hit is everywhere. Maybe it is better to get a little bit of it in your system and hope that you will then be immune to it.

Herd immunity is our only real chance at the moment to get through this. Many will die but many, many will live and be fine. Or so we hope that is how it works. I don't think the medical and science community can even tell us that.

I know that living in rural western PA Lyme Disease is a big concern. I know people who have had it. I have always spent much time in the outdoors and the woods. I've probably dug no fewer than 100 ticks out of me over the years. To the best of my knowledge I don't have it. My guess is that I probably got exposed to some of it years back and gained a protective immunity from it. Or on the other hand maybe I do have it and I just don't know it. Hard to say. I never really had any of the spotlight symptoms of it.

We all need to build our immunity to Covid-19. Or maybe there is no such thing. Hard to know. Our president, government, and medical/scientific professionals haven't offered much in the way of solutions or leadership.

-
                        Be careful with Lyme disease...

https://igenex.com/tick-talk/can-you...disease-twice/

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
                          Hard to say. But regarding the different strains of Lyme's in the article---some medical folks talk about how the Covid-19 has branched off into different mutations of the disease. Crazy stuff!

Everybody has a different body chemistry. Why do some people die from bee stings or from eating nuts while others would never be harmed from it. Some are not affected at all from Covid while others get sick and still others die from it. Go figure.

-

Comment

17 states are reporting higher hospitalizations, and 11 states set new records for daily cases. It MAY have subsided in the Northeast, but the rest of the country is in BIG trouble...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
                              17 states are reporting higher hospitalizations, and 11 states set new records for daily cases. It MAY have subsided in the Northeast, but the rest of the country is in BIG trouble...
                              ...and with the rest of the country in BIG trouble, comes the Northeast in BIG trouble sooner rather than later. I still can't believe WCU is planning on max capacity in dorms and university housing. Well, to be frank, yes I can. It's all about money - scared students will withdraw. Kids will come back with the university knowing they can't handle a breakout. Students will be sent home again and WCU will have all their tuition and every fee imaginable money.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

...and with the rest of the country in BIG trouble, comes the Northeast in BIG trouble sooner rather than later. I still can't believe WCU is planning on max capacity in dorms and university housing. Well, to be frank, yes I can. It's all about money - scared students will withdraw. Kids will come back with the university knowing they can't handle a breakout. Students will be sent home again and WCU will have all their tuition and every fee imaginable money.
                                I tried finding more details on WCU saying they'll be at "full capacity" but couldn't. Many colleges in the Northeast is going to single rooms.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X