Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pa fall sports expected to start on time.

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
    17 states are reporting higher hospitalizations, and 11 states set new records for daily cases. It MAY have subsided in the Northeast, but the rest of the country is in BIG trouble...

Comment

No fear-mongering, just facts. Get back to me when someone you know or love contracts the virus...

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I tried finding more details on WCU saying they'll be at "full capacity" but couldn't. Many colleges in the Northeast is going to single rooms.
        I guess they don't want that being common knowledge; however, it was included in an email sent to students, faculty and staff from President Fiorentino on 6/11/2020:

"We will also welcome students back to campus in our traditional and USH housing, planning for utilizing full capacity, although we will implement modifications in support of the safety of our students, faculty, staff and community."

You are right though that little, extremely important part is left out of any publication on the university website. I tried to attach the email here, but it's about 200 KB too large of a document.

Comment

There's a rather distinct difference between fear mongering and science. As somebody who grew up in rural Central PA, went to school in the middle of nowhere North Carolina, and now has spent the last 10 years in Chester County, the stupidity of some of you continues to push me harder and harder to the left.

Comment

No fear-mongering, just facts. Get back to me when someone you know or love contracts the virus...
            Statistics can be misleading. Since we're on the PSAC board let's consider these stats which I think give a confusing mixed message.
            As of today Pa has had 85,983 cases. Of those 49,104 or 57%+ have been in the 5 county Greater Philly area. By comparison the 5 county Greater Pitt area has seen 3,746 cases or 4.3%. If we were talking any other stat eg. divorces, shootings, suicides etc, we would say the Philly area has a major problem that requires intensive attention but the Burgh has a normalish sort of number that could be handled. Returning to anything close to normal in the Southeast seems highly unlikely but let's not look at that as anything close to usual in Pa. I fully expect a normal beginning in August in 14-16 of PSAC members. Since all of this is evolving and could be here forever or gone next month, I'm not at all sure those 14-16 will have a normal year, but then who can say.
            ?????

Comment

I'm not as concerned about the football players as I am the coaches, employees, and family members who are more susceptible to death from the virus. It takes one player to infect his unit who then all possibly infect others. An odd thing I've noticed from being on college campuses the last 20 years is that cleaning staff are the oldest employees.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I'm not as concerned about the football players as I am the coaches, employees, and family members who are more susceptible to death from the virus. It takes one player to infect his unit who then all possibly infect others. An odd thing I've noticed from being on college campuses the last 20 years is that cleaning staff are the oldest employees.
                The metric is not about individuals, it's about community. It's always been that way with this due to the level of transmissability.

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post

The country is in big trouble from stupid thinking.
                  The country is in big trouble because it hasn't handled it well and continues to mishandle it.

A lot of that mishandling is directly related to the kind of thinking that you put forth.

"I told them to slow down the testing." Geez.

Comment

How about this? COVID-19 is going to continue to spread and probably at an increasing rate. It turns out we can't open up society and avoid a large increase in cases. This will be the pattern throughout the summer months. Then when schools open in the fall the spread will actually take on new life. It will be out of hand and we will have to consider reverting to a total shutdown. Then we get hit by the "second wave." Then the flu season sets in and worsens things all around. Then everybody is waiting for the public release of promising vaccines and the virus mutates, rendering the newly developed vaccines ineffective against the new strain. Millions of Americans die. That's fear-mongering. Unfortunately, it all could happen.

In the words of George Carlin, "Have a nice day."
                    Last edited by iupgroundhog; 06-22-2020, 10:14 AM.

Comment

17 states are reporting higher hospitalizations, and 11 states set new records for daily cases. It MAY have subsided in the Northeast, but the rest of the country is in BIG trouble...
                      Herd immunity at work in the Northeastern U.S. which of course was the hardest hit region in the first wave? Maybe, maybe not.

Immunity is the biggest factor right now. Look at what happened to that kick azz martian invasion in the film "War of the Worlds." They romped for a few days and then were all killed off by our planet's germs and bacteria. It is all about immunity! But of course our science can't even confirm that for us.

-

Comment

Quit the fear mongering. 99.96 percent of Americans are still alive. No football players testing positive needed to be hospitalized. Average age of people dying is 75. Young people not effected. The country is in big trouble from stupid thinking.
                        Get back to the Rock to finish your degree.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

Get back to the Rock to finish your degree.
                          Texting from under the bed. What a moron

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Herd immunity at work in the Northeastern U.S. which of course was the hardest hit region in the first wave? Maybe, maybe not.

Immunity is the biggest factor right now. Look at what happened to that kick azz martian invasion in the film "War of the Worlds." They romped for a few days and then were all killed off by our planet's germs and bacteria. It is all about immunity! But of course our science can't even confirm that for us.

-
                            We've spent 3 months in quarantine. That's why our numbers are leveling off here in PA. I found out today my cousin and her husband have the virus. She's a nurse, but as of now, doesn't require hospitalization...

Comment

Texting from under the bed. What a moron
                              Man, you just can't help showing everybody how much Class you have!

Comment

Originally posted by Clydes 'N Rams View Post

Man, you just can't help showing everybody how much Class you have!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X