Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Announcement for Mercyhurst

For all we know, it could be much ado about nothing, but, Mercyhurst has a "special announcement" scheduled for tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. Eastern:

https://hurstathletics.com/news/2019....aspx?path=gen

Given the trend of similar sized schools in the NE-10 moving up to D1 and given that Mercyhurst is already D1 in hockey, it could be Hurst moving up, but I doubt it.

Take it for what it's worth...
    Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Re: Big Announcement for Mercyhurst

I'm pretty sure that's not it.

https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-...ry-/1753993090

Comment

Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post
      For all we know, it could be much ado about nothing, but, Mercyhurst has a "special announcement" scheduled for tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. Eastern:

https://hurstathletics.com/news/2019....aspx?path=gen

Given the trend of similar sized schools in the NE-10 moving up to D1 and given that Mercyhurst is already D1 in hockey, it could be Hurst moving up, but I doubt it.

Take it for what it's worth...
      Looks like they're just going to announce facilities upgrades: https://www.yourerie.com/news/local-...ry-/1753993090

Edit: Ah, scot beat me to it.
      2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

Although it's been established the Lakeshow probably isn't going Division I, I would be interested to see what their baseball team could do in the NEC.

Bryant has dominated that conference (and played well in regionals) since moving up and I think Mercyhurst would be a yearly contender for the league's automatic postseason berth. That said, IMO, the PSAC is stronger baseball conference than the NEC. Teams like Hurst, Seton Hill, Millersville and West Chester are legit national title contenders almost every year. If Mercyhurst puts the money into building a nice ballpark (like Seton Hill recently did) they'll get even stronger.

Comment

Me guess, so its probably wrong.
          Mercyhurst U & Mercyhurst high school whose property abuts, the U will announce some kind of
          scholly agreement to the high school grads to attend the U. In return the U takes over the high sch outdoor facilities. This moves the U's shared baseball/soccer field to the high school's BB stadium. Another scenario moves MU softball field (at a city owned park)
          to the HS BB field.
          Just thoughts as I remember the area.

Comment

A Mercyhurst football alumni is one of the youngest multi-millionaires in Pittsburgh. I wouldn't be shocked if he's involved.

Comment

Well, good things happen when you hire the best AD. Mercyhurst AD is making things happen, donations, contract with Under Armour for all sports, addition of bowling, new staff, Strength Training Coach, and Nutritionist, this all in a 6 month span. "We Are Mercyhurst"

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                Well, good things happen when you hire the best AD. Mercyhurst AD is making things happen, donations, contract with Under Armour for all sports, addition of bowling, new staff, Strength Training Coach, and Nutritionist, this all in a 6 month span. "We Are Mercyhurst"
                This is when we know he's the best.

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                  This is when we know he's the best.
                  I love bowling. Go Lakers!
                  2021 D2Football Fantasy Champion

Comment

That dump of a gym should be first on the list!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                      LOL ... yeah, if that isn't the worst in the PSAC ... not sure what is.

Comment

Short story: Mercyhurst landed two gifts totaling $5 million that will help fund the transformation of athletics facilities. They're going to combine facilities with Mercyhurst Prep.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
                          LOL ... yeah, if that isn't the worst in the PSAC ... not sure what is.
                          and Your Football Stadium feel like you're at the Longest Yard.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post
                            Unfortunately they're just giving everything a refresh. No new buildings.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony33 View Post
                              and Your Football Stadium feel like you're at the Longest Yard.
                              Funny stuff but IUP's stadium is still better than Hurst's! Just sayin...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X