Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

COVID-19

Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

    Then what's the issue? If for most people, Covid is mostly an inconvienance like the flu, why are people going bat crap crazy about a "spike" in cases? I mean, we hang on these daily and weekly stats like they are guarantees of a coming appocalipse. It seems like it has become almost a silly but sick "team sport" for swaths of Americans...Either you are on Team End of Days or Team Head in the Sand. One "team" will site a "spike" in cases as proof they are right and the other side points declining "deaths" as proof that they are right...and the next day if the numbers are reversed they will use the other stat to prove that they are right.

    I've said this since day 1. It is not going to be nearly as bad as some people want it to be...BUUUTTTT it is not a big nothing burger as the "other side" made it out to be. Proper precautions needed to be taken until we had a better handle on it's method of transmission, who was most at risk, how serious it really was from a life and death standpoint and appropriate treatment protocols. Once you had a handle on those things (which I think we do now), you could start to ease off on the restrictions in areas and in groups were it is a minor managable situation while keeping things clamped down on areas and with people that are most at risk of an explosive return.

    But I stand by what I said, if you feel that you and your family are at risk, stay locked down...no matter what the state, county or local government say. As the saying goes, you do you and I'll do me.
    Here's the point. As cases spike and hospitalizations increase, there's less beds available for the many other things people need hospitals for...If we keep infections down to a reasonable minimum, we CAN wait for a vaccine without putting stress on medical facilities and the people who work in them...It's not necessarily about one person doing what they need to do. it's about ALL of us being responsible for each other too...I know many youngs can't imagine that concept, but give it a try. It might just come back to you some time...Who WANTS this to be bad?! No one I know...

    Comment


    • Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

      Here's the point. As cases spike and hospitalizations increase, there's less beds available for the many other things people need hospitals for...If we keep infections down to a reasonable minimum, we CAN wait for a vaccine without putting stress on medical facilities and the people who work in them...It's not necessarily about one person doing what they need to do. it's about ALL of us being responsible for each other too...I know many youngs can't imagine that concept, but give it a try. It might just come back to you some time...Who WANTS this to be bad?! No one I know...
      It comes down to the simple fact that we've bred a "me first" mentality in this country. We did a brief look at war efforts in high school, and it seems like the country came together to help fight the enemy - but now? All that matters is what *I* want. *My* rights are the only ones that matter. There is no such thing as a self-governing society, despite what the anarchists like to peddle.

      In any case - it's bad. I don't want it to be bad, I want it to go away. I want to go to baseball games and movies and take a vacation, but if not doing those things is fulfilling my part in this - than so be it. I'll be the first in line for a vaccine, or as close to it as I can be...

      Comment


      • Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

        It comes down to the simple fact that we've bred a "me first" mentality in this country. We did a brief look at war efforts in high school, and it seems like the country came together to help fight the enemy - but now? All that matters is what *I* want. *My* rights are the only ones that matter. There is no such thing as a self-governing society, despite what the anarchists like to peddle.

        In any case - it's bad. I don't want it to be bad, I want it to go away. I want to go to baseball games and movies and take a vacation, but if not doing those things is fulfilling my part in this - than so be it. I'll be the first in line for a vaccine, or as close to it as I can be...
        Without being too political one segment of our population has been driving home the message that another group of people want to erode our individual liberties. The focus on individual liberties has in turn eroded our sense of society...

        Comment


        • Worst mayor in history. Ban gatherings EXCEPT BLM protests in NYC. DeBlaiso makes exceptions rather than be a real leader. Wolf Blitzer then tosses him a softball to ask about the US Open instead of asking if that won't also cause an increase in Covid cases.

          https://twitter.com/i/status/1281354252422651904

          Comment


          • Originally posted by laker View Post
            Worst mayor in history. Ban gatherings EXCEPT BLM protests in NYC. DeBlaiso makes exceptions rather than be a real leader. Wolf Blitzer then tosses him a softball to ask about the US Open instead of asking if that won't also cause an increase in Covid cases.

            https://twitter.com/i/status/1281354252422651904
            Covid is likely the only chance the Dems have of taking over the W-house.

            Don't think for a second this virus hasn't been spun about 175 different political ways.

            Comment


            • The CIAA has canceled all fall sports.

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                The CIAA has canceled all fall sports.
                Get on that portal immediately ... just in case.

                Comment


                • Gannon Steve gonna have to make a decision soon.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                    The CIAA has canceled all fall sports.
                    So did the SIAC.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                      Much calmer. I like OCMD but its a tad crazy.

                      Lot of violent crime down there this summer.
                      A six lane highway full of non stop traffic doesn’t make OCMD a real relaxing beach resort. It’s why I don’t like Dewey Beach either.

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by laker View Post
                        Worst mayor in history. Ban gatherings EXCEPT BLM protests in NYC. DeBlaiso makes exceptions rather than be a real leader. Wolf Blitzer then tosses him a softball to ask about the US Open instead of asking if that won't also cause an increase in Covid cases.

                        https://twitter.com/i/status/1281354252422651904
                        His wife is black and he has biracial kids. He’s fighting for his family.

                        Your state gave us Michele Bachman. You have no leg to stand on calling anyone the worst when she literally is one of the stupidest, most bat**** crazy people ever elected to Congress.

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                          Covid is likely the only chance the Dems have of taking over the W-house.

                          Don't think for a second this virus hasn't been spun about 175 different political ways.
                          You mean like how the Republicans spun the Ebola “crisis” of 2014 all the way to adding seats in the house and Senate.

                          2 Anericans died of Ebola and the current POTUS suggested Barry should have resigned...

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

                            You mean like how the Republicans spun the Ebola “crisis” of 2014 all the way to adding seats in the house and Senate.

                            2 Anericans died of Ebola and the current POTUS suggested Barry should have resigned...
                            Politics is a show. Half agrees. Half doesn't.

                            But ... he who gains 51% lives in the W-House.

                            I actually long for a return to life without social media. Imagine life today without Twitter, FB, etc.

                            Remember the days that if you wanted to smart off you had to do it in person? Lot less problems.

                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

                              Politics is a show. Half agrees. Half doesn't.

                              But ... he who gains 51% lives in the W-House.

                              I actually long for a return to life without social media. Imagine life today without Twitter, FB, etc.

                              Remember the days that if you wanted to smart off you had to do it in person? Lot less problems.
                              As long as that 51% gets 270 electoral votes. I'm with you on the social media.

                              Comment


                              • Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                                As long as that 51% gets 270 electoral votes. I'm with you on the social media.
                                Social media makes people crazy. Life was better without it.

                                Comment

                                Ad3

                                Collapse
                                Working...
                                X