Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

So your supposed mission to keep student-athletes safe does have bounds. But I understand. When the argument is too, admonish the person.
    I thought I was paying you a compliment...Go figure...

Comment

Watching the news today gave me the thought that the NE might be the ONLY area of the country where some sports could happen this fall...

Comment

Originally posted by Mjtheman View Post

Spike in cases. Spreading virus. I bet I just made you soil your depends grandpa. Things are working out great for my younger generation. Not so good for the fossil generation. Nice to be risk free. Just sayin!!!
        Did you ever hear "what goes around, comes around" and "treat others, the way you want to be treated". Sounds like a case of "youth being wasted on the young".

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
          Watching the news today gave me the thought that the NE might be the ONLY area of the country where some sports could happen this fall...
          The CDC estimates that well over 20 million Americans have been infected by the virus thus far. We can probably deduce that a large chunk of that occurred in the Northeast after it ran rampant through the region last spring. If there is any validity to the theory of immunity in regards to Covid-19---the NE could very well be the safest haven in the nation. Stay tuned for that...

-

Comment

Originally posted by Bart View Post

Did you ever hear "what goes around, comes around" and "treat others, the way you want to be treated". Sounds like a case of "youth being wasted on the young".
            Thanks for the wisdom Jesus.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

The CDC estimates that well over 20 million Americans have been infected by the virus thus far. We can probably deduce that a large chunk of that occurred in the Northeast after it ran rampant through the region last spring. If there is any validity to the theory of immunity in regards to Covid-19---the NE could very well be the safest haven in the nation. Stay tuned for that...

-
              Everything I've read says you need 70-90% infection AND a vaccine to achieve Herd Immunity...A vaccine is at least 9 months away.

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Everything I've read says you need 70-90% infection AND a vaccine to achieve Herd Immunity...A vaccine is at least 9 months away.
                The discovery may be nine months away, but the production, sales and distribution to the BILLIONS who will want it is probably beyond the horizon. And we better hope it's discovered in the US or it could be a long line to get sufficient doses. By the way please prepare yourself for the reaction of the ANTIVAXXERS which will be something to behold.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

-
                  We at least the I-95 corridor...the Yinzerlands didn’t get it very bad.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

We at least the I-95 corridor...the Yinzerlands didn’t get it very bad.
                    Allegheny County is shutting down all bars. The recent spike there shows the average age of new cases is around 26...

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Allegheny County is shutting down all bars. The recent spike there shows the average age of new cases is around 26...
                      Bars are all treating today (last day) like it's some major bash. How ironic. They're being closed because of a virus fear but let's have a massive blowout today. And, no doubt, the Yinzers WILL flock to these establishments today.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Bars are all treating today (last day) like it's some major bash. How ironic. They're being closed because of a virus fear but let's have a massive blowout today. And, no doubt, the Yinzers WILL flock to these establishments today.
                        How were bars open out there? I don’t think many opened here. Nobody around here wants to eat inside either. Places with outdoor seating are doing well. Places with no outdoor seating aren’t...

Chester County is still dropping in rate of cases.
                        Last edited by IUPNation; 06-30-2020, 06:49 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

How were bars open out there? I don’t think many opened here. Nobody around here wants to eat inside either. Places with outdoor seating is doing well. Places with no outdoor seating aren’t...

Chester County is still dropping in rate of cases.
                          Bars with outdoor seating were open...But NOT for long!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

Bars with outdoor seating were open...But NOT for long!!!!

Bars with indoor seating were open, too -- legally or not -- in Allegheny County. Same with OCMD. Ocean City bars removed their chairs from the bars ... but had no issues with people standing against the bar. If OCMD doesn't explode in cases ... nowhere will. It has been insane down there going on 40 days now.

Comment

Are you suggesting no schools open at all? Going to science class can be just as risky as playing a sport. Will every doorknob be sanitzed every 30 seconds? Every chair in every classroom? How often will restrooms in academic buildings be sanitized? Keyboards in computer labs, water fountains, ... the list is endless and impossible to keep up to sanitary standards. Obviously that's on the academic part of a students day. Nightlife is a whole different animal. But, the two go hand in hand. What gets spread at Johnny Frat's on Thursday night will be in the business building at 8am Friday morning.

If schools can open kids can play sports. Going all online will be a financial disaster.

I've worked every day of the pandemic and flown about 40,000+ miles through 12 or so cities. Spent a week at the beach. Life has to go on in some capacity. We have to be careful. Do you trust a campus to be careful? I sure as heck don't. But, how many could survive a 20 or 30 percent drop in enrollment?

I have no doubt campuses will be a disaster. Unavoidable. And, because of the nightlife aspect it will likely ruin college sports this year. Pro sports I beleive will function.
                              It has not helped have A self centered manbaby with rapidly progressing dementia as President not properly leading by example. If he wore a mask all of the Trumpanzees would too and we wouldn’t have this massive spike in the loser Confederacy that worships him.

Gubner Wolf was right all along and do was Dr. Levine despite all of the ugly bigotry shown her because she is transgendered from right wing Pennsylvanians who were wrong yet again.

Masks are a necessity now. If everyone wears a mask out and about and in class rooms it will go a long way.

There is no Idiot Republican or smart Democrat way of beating this. There is only a scientific way and that is reduce the probability of transmission which means covering your face as often as possible when not at home or out in the middle of nowhere and not near other people. It’s perfectly simple but people are just being so ****ing stupid about it like they all attended Slimey Pebble and were taught all the wrong things.
                              Last edited by IUPNation; 06-30-2020, 06:58 AM.

Comment

Bars with indoor seating were open, too -- legally or not -- in Allegheny County. Same with OCMD. Ocean City bars removed their chairs from the bars ... but had no issues with people standing against the bar. If OCMD doesn't explode in cases ... nowhere will. It has been insane down there going on 40 days now.
                                Like I said nobody amongst the Aristocracy of Chester County wants to be inside anyplace to eat or drink. You are safer being outside with some distance. I had dinner last week at The Whip Tavern in hoity toity Chester County Horse Country and I had to wear a mask through the bar area to get to the back patio and we were asked to wear our mask until we were seated. The table capacity on the patio was reduced. It was nice and then we had to exit via the patio. The only bad thing about it was somebody on the house next door had a no doubt made in China MAGA flag flying from the porch that I had view of from my seat. We do still have some brain damaged deplorables living amongst us...

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X