Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SW_Mustang View Post

Interesting - so Pitt and PSU are not public institutions, just funded publicly with the agreement that they lower tuition costs?

Makes sense.
    And Temple. And Lincoln (D2 football school playing in the CIAA)

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

You're right. I guess I didn't include them because they're not distributed throughout the state like PASSHE & Penn State. CUNY is centered around Manhattan (logically) but doesn't extend much into Long Island as there are some well established SUNY schools there, most notably Stony Brook.
      Well, they are the "City University of New York" and last I checked, Nassau and Suffolk are not part of New York City proper. :-)

That said, each of the outer boroughs does have a main campus and a junior college component, if I'm not mistaken. A couple of CUNY schools (Queens College and College of Staten Island) are D2 programs (East Coast Conference) while the rest of the four-year CUNY schools are D3.
      Cal U (Pa.) Class of 2014

Comment

• Originally posted by ctrabs74 View Post

Well, they are the "City University of New York" and last I checked, Nassau and Suffolk are not part of New York City proper. :-)

That said, each of the outer boroughs does have a main campus and a junior college component, if I'm not mistaken. A couple of CUNY schools (Queens College and College of Staten Island) are D2 programs (East Coast Conference) while the rest of the four-year CUNY schools are D3.
        CUNY is a large sophisticated system servicing the 8 million people of NYC, which is 2/3 of PA. Sports is relatively insignificant to them as most of their students are commuters and full time workers.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

CUNY is a large sophisticated system servicing the 8 million people of NYC, which is 2/3 of PA. Sports is relatively insignificant to them as most of their students are commuters and full time workers.
          They're an excellent example of a system designed to maximize access. Originally they were open admission and tuition free. The locations are intentional. As was shared, much like SUNY, a good mix of types of schools too.

Comment

• Article about how adding sports can help colleges.

https://www.sportico.com/2020/league...em-1234608297/

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
            Working...
            X