• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Non-football - UPJ
    Once again "try and build a 12 team football conference"....?..!?..Huh ?

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Non-football - UPJ
    I always seem to forget about them. Even back in the WVIAC days!!

Leave a comment:

• IUPbigINDIANS
    replied
    Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post
    Nice analysis but I think the consideration of athletic configurations probably falls below the midway point on the PASSHE to do list. However, from that list minus one from the non-PASSHE seems to be a 10 team league. What am I not seeing ??
    Non-football - UPJ

Leave a comment:

• CALUPA69
    replied
    Originally posted by boatcapt View Post
    I think you need to start by determining the probability that the individual PASSHE schools maintaining football:

100% certainty - WCU and IUP
    Highly Probable - SRU, Bloom, Cal, Kutz
    Probable But Signifigant Chance Not - Ship, Millersville, ESU
    More Probable not to have Football - Locke Haven, Clarion, Edinboro
    Out of the Football Mix Already - Cheyney, Mansfield

I think the line will be drawn at Probable which would give the PSAC nine PASSHE members. At that point, the logical move for the PSAC is to try and build a 12 team football conference meaning one of the three private schools or the out of state schools will be kicked out. The PSAC line-up would be:

WCU
    IUP
    Cal
    SRU
    Bloom
    Kutz
    ESU

And three of the following:

Gannon
    Hurst
    SHU
    Shepherd
    Nice analysis but I think the consideration of athletic configurations probably falls below the midway point on the PASSHE to do list. However, from that list minus one from the non-PASSHE seems to be a 10 team league. What am I not seeing ??

Leave a comment:

• boatcapt
    replied
    I think you need to start by determining the probability that the individual PASSHE schools maintaining football:

100% certainty - WCU and IUP
    Highly Probable - SRU, Bloom, Cal, Kutz
    Probable But Signifigant Chance Not - Ship, Millersville, ESU
    More Probable not to have Football - Locke Haven, Clarion, Edinboro
    Out of the Football Mix Already - Cheyney, Mansfield

I think the line will be drawn at Probable which would give the PSAC nine PASSHE members. At that point, the logical move for the PSAC is to try and build a 12 team football conference meaning one of the three private schools or the out of state schools will be kicked out. The PSAC line-up would be:

WCU
    IUP
    Cal
    SRU
    Bloom
    Kutz
    ESU

And three of the following:

Gannon
    Hurst
    SHU
    Shepherd

Leave a comment:

• Dirty Harry
    started a topic Consolidation Conference

Consolidation Conference

When I posted a new football conference April 29th, it was met with quite a bit of skepticism, that certainly could be understood. However, given the Consolidation talk, and it appears that while schools may not close, is merging a possibility? And, if it is, and as some have suggested with designated directional institutions together, who will survive and continue with their football programs. Or, will these possible mergers absorb other programs? What seemed outrageous to some a couple of months ago, may be gaining traction. Personally, I'd like to see a return to a PASSHE school league with Shepherd if all programs are kept. Maybe a 12 team league playing 11 games, or even two 6 team divisions playing each other twice for cost containment and better gates. Just stretching the possibility thinking..............

Ad3

Collapse
Working...
X