Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

I know how math works. Just saying 1000+ college carries doesn’t help a kid’s draft stock. Poor guy was used for “a record that will never be broken.”
    What the hell does THAT mean?! The kid got an opportunity that not everyone gets, and NAILED it!! Come on...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

What the hell does THAT mean?! The kid got an opportunity that not everyone gets, and NAILED it!! Come on...
      Of course he nailed it. The numbers speak themselves. Just saying - if carries would’ve been handled properly, he’d have more than a 9-5.

Comment

Quiteh was great at Bloomsburg, but to think he was a Sunday player is a stretch to me. I don't think it had anything to do with load management, either.

Comment

Jimmy also became the all-time leader in passing yards in that loss...
          Even better... the stat padder lost during the record which made it even more meaningless!

Comment

I'm surprised no one mentioned Jahri, Marcus Martin or Fusco.

TE Jack Pilkerton was someone that immediately jumps out; big target for D2 and had very good hands.

Comment

I haven't looked at other responses yet, but I'd lean Frank Quiteh. You could stack the box against that man knowing damn well he'd still rush for 150+ on a bad day. Shame he was either underused in the passing game or had concrete for hands. At 5'9" 200 lb you're not going to be that same workhorse at the next level.
              Quiteh had good hands, and had 29 career receptions. I saw him catch a few long balls, on what may have been called wheel routes downfield. He was injured and this may have affected any future football. I think it was a shoulder, but there was interest and he may have been at a camp. As someone said, Bloom had great lines though.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

You made my point for me! Hahaha! Jimmy T is not one of the best ever in the PSAC! He got owned against a mediocre IUP team. Imagine if he played against tough teams all year. The guy played against mostly weak teams even in cross overs. That’s why his stats were padded!

He couldn’t beat an average IUP team! Period!!!
                ESU played IUP in 2006, not 2005. Two completely different years, and teams. IUP was much better in 06. ESU just graduated 20 plus seniors and numerous 4 year starters from the National Semifinal squad. I believe IUP also made the playoffs in 06? I thought IUP had a really good year in 06.

Comment

Even better... the stat padder lost during the record which made it even more meaningless!
                  Jealous?...What PSAC records do you have?

Comment

Originally posted by ESU Warrior View Post

ESU played IUP in 2006, not 2005. Two completely different years, and teams. IUP was much better in 06. ESU just graduated 20 plus seniors and numerous 4 year starters from the National Semifinal squad. I believe IUP also made the playoffs in 06? I thought IUP had a really good year in 06.
                    IUP went 8-2 in 2006, but lost to Millersville (!) by three and Slippery Rock by four. Didn’t make the playoffs but did win a share of the West. Not an overly talented team but gutsy. Six games decided by 10 or fewer. In 2007, IUP went to second round of playoffs.
                    http://www.indianagazette.com
                    www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

When I made my list, I struggled at RB. If Bagwell was 1 then Brittingham was probably 1-A. Also: Andre Burke, Shamar Greene, Osagie Osunde, Alfonso Hoggard, Wes Hills, Nelson Brown, Deonte Glover, Walter Fletcher, and some I’m forgetting about.

Quiteh didn’t even cross my mind. In the two games I saw him play against IUP, he had 91 yards (2010) and 43 yards (2011), and Bloomsburg actually won both games. I have much respect for his record, though. But of all the RBs I’ve seen in my years, there are a lot of others who stand out more to me.
                      Last edited by Matt Burglund; 07-01-2020, 09:35 AM.
                      http://www.indianagazette.com
                      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

You sound like that guy who lives his life vicariously through the success of others. Go get out a bit and live life yourself.

Comment

Jealous of??? A meaningless record that people would have to look up to get the answer??? No thanks! I’ll take IUP’s decades of success over one meaningless record any day!

How many NFL players has ESU had? Hahaha

Continue being that homer voice of ESU that wins nothing!

Comment

Jealous of??? A meaningless record that people would have to look up to get the answer??? No thanks! I’ll take IUP’s decades of success over one meaningless record any day!

How many NFL players has ESU had? Hahaha

Continue being that homer voice of ESU that wins nothing!
                            Just as I thought...No records for you...

Comment

You sound like that guy who lives his life vicariously through the success of others. Go get out a bit and live life yourself.
                              I'm living the dream everyday, and have been for 55 years...

Comment

I'm living the dream everyday, and have been for 55 years...
                                If that’s your dream then you set the bar low! Hahahaha

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X