Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jrshooter View Post
    And this won't help the overall PSAC picture one bit.

https://www.pennlive.com/news/2020/0...fall-2020.html
    That would seem to indicate they are out as far as ATHLETICS is concerned, doesn't it ? Or will the athletes use campus facilities, including dorms, but still do on-line classes ?

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

That would seem to indicate they are out as far as ATHLETICS is concerned, doesn't it ? Or will the athletes use campus facilities, including dorms, but still do on-line classes ?
      CALUPA69,

I THINK this means they are out as far as athletics is concerned. If students can not be together in class, I believe it also means that the athletes can not do the same. But I guess we have to wait and see for the official word. But this news is rather huge.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

CALUPA69,

I THINK this means they are out as far as athletics is concerned. If students can not be together in class, I believe it also means that the athletes can not do the same. But I guess we have to wait and see for the official word. But this news is rather huge.
        The difference being 18,000+ students in classrooms and common area versus maybe 500- 1000 fall sports players, coaches and support staff spread out through empty dorms and largely outdoor practice locations. Looking at the RAMS ATHLETICS Home Page there isn't any indication of shutting it down.....yet.

Comment

Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

The difference being 18,000+ students in classrooms and common area versus maybe 500- 1000 fall sports players, coaches and support staff spread out through empty dorms and largely outdoor practice locations. Looking at the RAMS ATHLETICS Home Page there isn't any indication of shutting it down.....yet.
          The sharks smell blood in the water.

They could be stalling the athletics announcement to try and save their athletes from all bailing out.

I wouldn't doubt a lot of regular students look in to transfer options, too.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
          Working...
          X