Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I heard same thing. I'm also hearing if there is a spring season (March 25th-27th start?) , it is going to be west only/east only games. Championship game and then playoffs. Minimum 8 games in spring, then some sort of playoff format. So, if we did the normal playoff format; conference champ makes it to the national title, it would be June 12th... thats all speculation and assuming we have a vaccine; but that's a quick turn around for the teams that go deep in playoffs. Thoughts?
    I am sure WarriorVoice has an expert opinion on this.

Comment

Originally posted by RockNation View Post

I heard same thing. I'm also hearing if there is a spring season (March 25th-27th start?) , it is going to be west only/east only games. Championship game and then playoffs. Minimum 8 games in spring, then some sort of playoff format. So, if we did the normal playoff format; conference champ makes it to the national title, it would be June 12th... thats all speculation and assuming we have a vaccine; but that's a quick turn around for the teams that go deep in playoffs. Thoughts?
      Really? Can we at least get a decision on Fall 2020 and a - WarriorVoice

Comment

History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
          PIAA just announced the plan is to move forward with Fall sports.
          Anyone who thinks that will happen is just not paying attention...

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post
            History shows again and again how nature points out the folly of man...
            Knew you were old, but had no idea you were Aristotle old.

Comment

Originally posted by Wcball00 View Post

Knew you were old, but had no idea you were Aristotle old.
              LOL. So THAT'S where Blue Oyster Cult got the lyric!!!

Comment

PIAA just announced the plan is to move forward with Fall sports.

Comment

What's that saying about shooting the messenger? Just saying they put out an official announcement yesterday indicating 'as of today' they are planning to play.

Comment

What's that saying about shooting the messenger? Just saying they put out an official announcement yesterday indicating 'as of today' they are planning to play.

Comment

Originally posted by Horror Child View Post

If the vote had been unanimous, I'm guessing the statement would have been "The BOD of the PSAC voted unanimously on ...."

Is Shepherd regretting their move to the PSAC?

boatcapt currently celebrating.
                      Not celebrating at all. Anytime a player/school loses a season of athletics, I feel a little sad for both.

But at the end of the day, this is an unintended consiquence of the decision they made.

But for the sake of argument, and I certainly don't expect Shepherd, Wimbush or any of the posters on this board to admit this, I wonder if two years ago when Shepherd was deciding weather to accept the PSAC offer if someone had told Wimbush "Oh by the way, we are going to cancel the 2020 season and we may be consolidating six of our schools that may result in a realignment of the conference and so we can't guarantee you an annual football game against Shipensburg beyond 2019." Wonder if Wimbush would have said, that sounds like a great plan. We got to have us some of THAT!!

Comment

They made a statement, big deal...Until yesterday, every AD in the PSAC would have said "we're planning on playing"...Before opening night, the PIAA will cancel the season...Book it!

Comment

NE-10 just postponed as well

Comment

Originally posted by WarriorVoice View Post

They made a statement, big deal...Until yesterday, every AD in the PSAC would have said "we're planning on playing"...Before opening night, the PIAA will cancel the season...Book it!
                            YEESSS we agree on something!!!

Comment

Originally posted by bloom14 View Post
                              NE-10 just postponed as well
                              ...and the path for Wheeling, in their second second, to qualify for NCAA postseason keeps on getting easier.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Not celebrating at all. Anytime a player/school loses a season of athletics, I feel a little sad for both.

But at the end of the day, this is an unintended consiquence of the decision they made.

But for the sake of argument, and I certainly don't expect Shepherd, Wimbush or any of the posters on this board to admit this, I wonder if two years ago when Shepherd was deciding weather to accept the PSAC offer if someone had told Wimbush "Oh by the way, we are going to cancel the 2020 season and we may be consolidating six of our schools that may result in a realignment of the conference and so we can't guarantee you an annual football game against Shipensburg beyond 2019." Wonder if Wimbush would have said, that sounds like a great plan. We got to have us some of THAT!!
                                In that hypothetical, I highly doubt Shepherd would have made the move. The alumni really wanted the Ship game back.

The MEC will shut it down just like the rest of the conferences will, only a matter of time. There isn't going to be college football until spring 2021 at the earliest, if that.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X