Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Its probably better not to be in the State Game at this point if they want to get into the playoffs.

Well, the only good news is if they do somehow sneak in to the playoffs, they surely won't be having a home game. Get this team the hell away from Miller Stadium.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Wow, you IUP guys need therapy. They aren't conjuring up ways to keep IUP from succeeding. Shepherd beat IUP on 9/18, so it wasn't created after the game was played.
      I'm on my own on this rant. Nobody else is on board but please read my post above yours. Is the rule legit? They are actually making it up as they go along. The season had already begun on September 13 and there had already been a PSAC team that had a cancellation (Edinboro). Can the commissioner make up new rules in the middle of the season?

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

I'm on my own on this rant. Nobody else is on board but please read my post above yours. Is the rule legit? They are actually making it up as they go along. The season had already begun on September 13 and there had already been a PSAC team that had a cancellation (Edinboro). Can the commissioner make up new rules in the middle of the season?
        I agree with you IUP Groundhog. Do not understand how the commissioners office can make rules up as the season goes along. That has to be 100% illegal.

Comment

• Comment

It should have been in place before the season. But make no mistake, the Home Office goal is to **** over IUP as much as possible in every sport. No doubt our commissioner is very anti IUP.

Comment

Is the rule even legit? It was put out on September 13 which is after the beginning of the season and after a cancellation had already occurred involving a PSAC school. So as someone else said the PSAC is making it up as they go along.

Did the commish make this rule unilaterally? Can he do that? Did it go through the proper channels?

I would ask those questions.

I ask them because 1) it is hurting IUP's postseason prospects, and 2) it's a counterintuitive rule that creates the possibility of rewarding a team for not playing. and that is what is happening.
              I didn't read the information I was given deep enough. The policy was adopted by the league in 2008 during the H1N1 outbreak. It was updated in the spring of 2020. It was emailed to coaches and administrators on September 13 as a reminder.
              http://www.indianagazette.com
              www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I didn't read the information I was given deep enough. The policy was adopted by the league in 2008 during the H1N1 outbreak. It was updated in the spring of 2020. It was emailed to coaches and administrators on September 13 as a reminder.
                  Ok, never mind.

Comment

• Mitchell felt it in the locker room. Streater said " a lot of people thought it was over."

The whole attitude of the team was apparent if you watched the game. Hard to understand.

Comment

Mitchell felt it in the locker room. Streater said " a lot of people thought it was over."

The whole attitude of the team was apparent if you watched the game. Hard to understand.
                      WHY is the million dollar question.

This isn't message board babbling ... these are the actual players saying the same things that were said on here all weekend.

Sure, they were up 23-10 at the half but the game was much closer than the score. IUP got a couple nice breaks in the first half.

How the belief existed the game was over is unreal.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

WHY is the million dollar question.

This isn't message board babbling ... these are the actual players saying the same things that were said on here all weekend.

Sure, they were up 23-10 at the half but the game was much closer than the score. IUP got a couple nice breaks in the first half.

How the belief existed the game was over is unreal.
                        Not to beat a dead horse but keeping the team focused on the task at hand, until the final gun, is pretty much the primary job of the head coach. Big time fail on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

Not to beat a dead horse but keeping the team focused on the task at hand, until the final gun, is pretty much the primary job of the head coach. Big time fail on Saturday.
                          Well, Tort has a tough task at hand this week.

We saw what happened in 2018. I think this group has better leaders and I don't think it will happen.

Edinboro isn't a pushover. I know the record is awful but they have (4) single digit losses. Among those, they lost to West Chester by just 4 points and to Cal by just 8 points. So, it's not like Clarion coming in here this weekend.

Not a soul around is ever going to feel bad for IUP so they have to come out Saturday like it's win or go home. Well, it is. Edinboro will be looking to pounce on the wounded animal. If IUP's head is straight, they should win fairly smooth.

Comment

• Originally posted by CALUPA69 View Post

I think that is the consensus.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, Tort has a tough task at hand this week.

We saw what happened in 2018. I think this group has better leaders and I don't think it will happen.

Edinboro isn't a pushover. I know the record is awful but they have (4) single digit losses. Among those, they lost to West Chester by just 4 points and to Cal by just 8 points. So, it's not like Clarion coming in here this weekend.

Not a soul around is ever going to feel bad for IUP so they have to come out Saturday like it's win or go home. Well, it is. Edinboro will be looking to pounce on the wounded animal. If IUP's head is straight, they should win fairly smooth.
                              It sounds really trite, but Edinboro might be the best 1 win team in the country. They've kept it close with almost everyone except Slippery Rock where they were worn out in the second half. Although it hasn't happened since 2013, there's also a long history of Edinboro upsetting IUP. Plus, there are two former Edinboro players on the IUP roster as well as Edinboro's HC being a former IUP assistant and this all makes for good drama & fodder.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                                Although it hasn't happened since 2013, there's also a long history of Edinboro upsetting IUP.
                                http://www.indianagazette.com
                                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X