Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Its probably better not to be in the State Game at this point if they want to get into the playoffs.
    I disagree! If they got into the state game and smacked Kutztown again or revenged the Shep loss then that looks a lot better than beating 3rd place West Chester!

Comment

• I feel like one of the three straight that TLT's Edinboro teams won was an upset but that just might be my memory.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I disagree! If they got into the state game and smacked Kutztown again or revenged the Shep loss then that looks a lot better than beating 3rd place West Chester!

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

I feel like one of the three straight that TLT's Edinboro teams won was an upset but that just might be my memory.

Comment

• Comment

• Comment

• I guess it depends on your definition of an upset. Both teams that year were really good, and Edinboro came out on top by 8. In 2013, IUP had no business losing to Edinboro.
                http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• I wouldn't want a home game here under any conditions. This is a road team. If they do slip in they would be a tough out as a visitor.

Why they are so much better away from home is probably a Dr. Phil discussion.

Miller has just become depressing. I think it rubs off.

Comment

• Originally posted by Matt Burglund View Post

I guess it depends on your definition of an upset. Both teams that year were really good, and Edinboro came out on top by 8. In 2013, IUP had no business losing to Edinboro.
                    Edinboro had not beaten IUP since 1989 and tied them in 92 so it was kind of an upset.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Is the rule even legit? It was put out on September 13 which is after the beginning of the season and after a cancellation had already occurred involving a PSAC school. So as someone else said the PSAC is making it up as they go along.

Did the commish make this rule unilaterally? Can he do that? Did it go through the proper channels?

I would ask those questions.

I ask them because 1) it is hurting IUP's postseason prospects, and 2) it's a counterintuitive rule that creates the possibility of rewarding a team for not playing. and that is what is happening.

Now, the results on the field are that Cal beat IUP fair and square and if they beat SRU they will clearly be the best in the west. If they lose to SRU it muddies the waters. I'm talking about the rule itself. The competitive season had already begun so I don't see how you can change the rules during the season.
                      How can you just make up a rule during the season... that makes no sense to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

I wouldn't want a home game here under any conditions. This is a road team. If they do slip in they would be a tough out as a visitor.

Why they are so much better away from home is probably a Dr. Phil discussion.

Miller has just become depressing. I think it rubs off.
                        Well, is it the players or Coaches that are effected by the home environment ? IUP is two horrible quarters of football away from an undefeated season, and both quarters were due to good QBs picking apart the secondary along with some obviously bad coaching decisions. What happened those two quarters ?

Comment

• As you (Nation) pointed out, IUP is 2-3 in its last 5 home games -- and could have been 0-5. Conversely, they've won their past 6 road trips -- most quite convincingly.

So, get past this Saturday's game in Miller and I like their chances in Greensburg and West Chester.

Nobody would want to host IUP in Round 1 of the playoffs. If, ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Hawk15 View Post

How can you just make up a rule during the season... that makes no sense to me.
                            I didn't read the information I was given deep enough. The policy was adopted by the league in 2008 during the H1N1 outbreak. It was updated in the spring of 2020. It was emailed to coaches and administrators on September 13 as a reminder.
                            http://www.indianagazette.com
                            www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

Well, is it the players or Coaches that are effected by the home environment ? IUP is two horrible quarters of football away from an undefeated season, and both quarters were due to good QBs picking apart the secondary along with some obviously bad coaching decisions. What happened those two quarters ?
                              Cal's last drive ... the long pass before the final TD ... I have no idea how that guy got so wide open in the middle of the field with IUP having like 7 dudes dropped. It was like shades of the 2019 playoff loss all over again.

Noah is a good QB ... but all day they acted like it was Dan Marino 1985 back there. Was it me or was IUP terrified to put any serious heat on him?

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Edinboro had not beaten IUP since 1989 and tied them in 92 so it was kind of an upset.
                                There were some upsets from the 90s I was remembering as IUP upsets but were Clarion & Slippery Rock.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X