Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Cal's last drive ... the long pass before the final TD ... I have no idea how that guy got so wide open in the middle of the field with IUP having like 7 dudes dropped. It was like shades of the 2019 playoff loss all over again.

Noah is a good QB ... but all day they acted like it was Dan Marino 1985 back there. Was it me or was IUP terrified to put any serious heat on him?
    They did get heat early on, in particular Fowler - Cal must have cleaned that up over halftime. No one was Coming close in the second half, the radio guys were squaking about blatant holds not being called but I don't know. There were several apparent blown coverages in the 4th quarter as well. Interesting to see how Tort explains it tonight. its just become so perplexing.

Comment

Cal's last drive ... the long pass before the final TD ... I have no idea how that guy got so wide open in the middle of the field with IUP having like 7 dudes dropped. It was like shades of the 2019 playoff loss all over again.

Noah is a good QB ... but all day they acted like it was Dan Marino 1985 back there. Was it me or was IUP terrified to put any serious heat on him?
      Don't look now, but IUP is giving up the most passing YPG in the PSAC and are tied for second worst in defensive sacks. They're tied for 2nd in INTs. Those are only numbers that don't tell the whole story but its a problem. IUP's two losses have come against the QBs ranked 1 & 2 in passing YPG. Ironically #3 is Koester who IUP ravaged.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Don't look now, but IUP is giving up the most passing YPG in the PSAC and are tied for second worst in defensive sacks. They're tied for 2nd in INTs. Those are only numbers that don't tell the whole story but its a problem. IUP's two losses have come against the QBs ranked 1 & 2 in passing YPG. Ironically #3 is Koester who IUP ravaged.

As I mentioned earlier the thing with Cal is they cannot run -- and really don't even try. That's the alarming item. You know they are passing and can't do anything about it. The kindergarten version of watching Cal's offensive game plan is dink pass, dink pass, dink pass, dink pass, deep, dink pass, dink pass, dink pass, dink pass, deep. It obviously worked. They lull you to sleep with the dink stuff and then strike.

IUP shut them down fairly well in the first half. Cal obviously adjusted to something in the second half very well. But, we all know this isn't a great IUP defense. They have their moments -- good and bad. Emotionally, they didn't look anything like they did the week prior. They looked like a team possessed up at SRU.

Koester didn't do a thing against IUP until they scaled back the pressure. A huge chunk of his yards came in garbage time when the game was well over. They had him pretty shook up mentally in that first half.

Comment

• Comment

• 8-2 probably isn't good enough without a state game win. Remember there are 4 conferences to draw from.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

8-2 probably isn't good enough without a state game win. Remember there are 4 conferences to draw from.

It might be. Maybe.

As of today:

Bentley (7-0)
              California (7-0)
              Notre Dame (7-1)
              Kutztown (7-1)
              Shepherd (7-1)
              SRU (7-1)
              New Haven (6-1)
              IUP (5-2)
              Charleston (5-2)
              Shippensburg (6-2)
              Ohio Dominican (6-2)
              Tiffin (6-2)
              Stonehill (5-2)

IUP has played 7 games and 4 of them were against teams listed above. It's been crazy.

Also, consider:

* Tiffin and ODU play each other this week -- one of them is getting a third loss

* Rock has to play California and possibly Shepherd. They may win one of those. With 2 losses IUP would (you'd sure think) get the nod due to H2H clobbering.

* ND plays at a red-hot Pembroke (who just took down Charleston)

* Ship, like IUP, may win out, but looked bad in both its losses

* New Haven has to play Bentley

So, by default some losses are going to pile up on the above list. All IUP can do is win its next game. See where the chips fall. But, they aren't dead yet. No nails in the coffin just yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP PSAC Fan View Post
                Lost to Shepherd without there QB, half of there coaching staff and half of there starters on Defense were out. They should have beat Cal, but jeez that was a tough one, If Cal does not block that punt IUP wins the game, If I was a 2 or 3 seed I would not want to play IUP in the first round of the playoffs.
                Get's worse with each passing week lol

By the end of the season, it'll be remembered as student assistants were coaching the game since the staff was all out and IUP was playing their scout team defense and that's why they lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

8-2 probably isn't good enough without a state game win. Remember there are 4 conferences to draw from.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Get's worse with each passing week lol

By the end of the season, it'll be remembered as student assistants were coaching the game since the staff was all out and IUP was playing their scout team defense and that's why they lost.
                    That was actually an IUP intramural team in disguise.

21 of 22 starters missed game.

Comment

That was actually an IUP intramural team in disguise.

21 of 22 starters missed game.
                      By January, it will be that IUP faced a crisis, and Steve Kline helped them recruit replacement players like the '94 MLB strike. IUP actually played Shepherd using Clarion players.

Comment

• Honestly, Shepherd had their players ready, and it isn't their fault that IUP didn't have all of theirs. I'm tired of the excuses.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post
                          Honestly, Shepherd had their players ready, and it isn't their fault that IUP didn't have all of theirs. I'm tired of the excuses.
                          Would love to see Shepherd without Bagent. ;)

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Hawk15 View Post

Would love to see Shepherd without Bagent. ;)
                            Good luck making the playoffs!

Comment

• Iup runs through the rest of west, goes to west Chester and steamrolls them. Secures a playoff spot on selection Sunday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram Tough View Post

Good luck making the playoffs!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X