Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't even think I have the OT. I've scrolled through all the sub headings and I don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I don't even think I have the OT. I've scrolled through all the sub headings and I don't see it.
      The post in question ... Lol. I didn't think it would last. Didn't bother me but I figured backlash was coming.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I don't even think I have the OT. I've scrolled through all the sub headings and I don't see it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The post in question ... Lol. I didn't think it would last. Didn't bother me but I figured backlash was coming.
          I think we've seen stuff that's more controversial than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

My niece just died from Covid. I can't believe it. She had an intellectual disability and lived in a supervised group home in Rosemont, PA. I got a call late Thursday night and was told she passed away. My sister got the coroner report this morning and the cause of death is respiratory failure due to Covid-19. She apparently had some symptoms which is why my sister pressed the pathologist to test for Covid. Otherwise, they wouldn't have tested her. Why there wasn't more responsive medical attention to this, I do not know. She was 45 years old.

No Covid thread anymore but I'm putting this here for awareness purposes. Be as careful as you can be.
            I am sorry to hear that, Groundhog. I believe that I recall us debating how serious the looming Covid-19 threat was back in the late winter/early spring. I will say that you were absolutely correct in it. This thing is just plain horrible.

Sorry for the loss of your loved one. And I am also sorry that you lost friends, IUPalum.

Everybody wear a mask and try and isolate yourself whenever you can. We need to ride this thing out for a bit longer.

Comment

• Oh, I can hang with the best of them.

Comment

• This will make you feel old today.

Yesterday was the 27th anniversary of IUP losing to UNA, 41-34, in the national title game.

Comment

This will make you feel old today.

Yesterday was the 27th anniversary of IUP losing to UNA, 41-34, in the national title game.
                  Yeah, I was just thinking about that yesterday and even meant to post it. Certainly a game that IUP really could have won. But nonetheless a great season for a great team!

I was an undergrad then. Now I am an old man with gray hair and arthritis setting in. Odd how time goes by.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Yeah, I was just thinking about that yesterday and even meant to post it. Certainly a game that IUP really could have won. But nonetheless a great season for a great team!

I was an undergrad then. Now I am an old man with gray hair and arthritis setting in. Odd how time goes by.
                    Not could have...should have.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Not could have...should have.
                      That team had an insane amount of talent.

Not to knock the '17 team but that team probably beats the '17 team by 28 points.

Comment

That team had an insane amount of talent.

Not to knock the '17 team but that team probably beats the '17 team by 28 points.
                        That could be true. The landscape was different, though. It was probably a different level of competition in '93.

Four of the quarterfinalists (North Alabama, North Dakota, UC Davis, and Hampton) that year have moved up to D1. The other four quarterfinalists were IUP, New Haven, Texas A&M-Kingsville, and Minnesota State, which was called Mankato State back then.

IUP knocked off UND in the semis (as you know) and lost to UNA in the finals and both of those schools have moved up since then.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

That could be true. The landscape was different, though. It was probably a different level of competition in '93.

Four of the quarterfinalists (North Alabama, North Dakota, UC Davis, and Hampton) that year have moved up to D1. The other four quarterfinalists were IUP, New Haven, Texas A&M-Kingsville, and Minnesota State, which was called Mankato State back then.

IUP knocked off UND in the semis (as you know) and lost to UNA in the finals and both of those schools have moved up since then.
                          IUP took a lot more 'risks' in recruiting in that era, too. They gave some serious second, third and fourth chances to some talented players -- guys today that Prez Driz would never sign off on.

Those teams were much deeper than the modern-day editions. It was a different time in the scholarships, etc.

These days it's pretty rare to get now-P5 imports. We see some from the MAC, MEAC, etc. The occasional P5 surfaces but nothing like that era.

In the 90s the IUP rosters were flooded with players from Pitt, WVU, Rutgers, Temple, etc. Most actually behaved ... "for the most part". Frank was a transfer-recruiting machine in the prime of his run.

That era was the shot to win the last game. I don't see any shot with our current scholarship conundrum. You aren't going to win it at 22 to 25. We have to get to at least 31 or so. Even 6-7 more equivalences would make such a depth difference in quality.
                          Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 12-13-2020, 03:13 PM.

Comment

• Check out the article in today Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

WCCC students moving in to IUP dorms ...

yeah ... that's the subject.

Comment

Check out the article in today Pittsburgh Post-Gazette.

WCCC students moving in to IUP dorms ...

yeah ... that's the subject.
                              Edinboro is going to soon announce a similar program with LECOM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Edinboro is going to soon announce a similar program with LECOM.
                                Let's hope the next step isn't letting townies rent dorm rooms. LOL.

One thing I know for sure is the Slum Lord market in Indiana is dying. Lots and lots of what were forever college dumps are being sold by the week. Flippers are buying them up and renovating them to family homes. There are very few college houses left 'across' Philly Street. Even the once-booming college neighborhood across from the Wayne Ave McDonald's (a couple streets back) is largely becoming all permanent residents.

It's actually good for the town in the current time. For decades they had no reason to fix those dumps up. They were in demand. Now, there are thousands less students and the ones who want to live off campus want nice places.

I have a slum lord buddy in town who owns 6 houses. He said he can't even give them away right now to renters.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X