Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last time I was in Indiana I grabbed lunch with a professor friend at Nap's. Pretty good!

Comment

• IUP has offered DB Ayden Garnes (Monsignor Bonner). He also has offers from Grand Valley State and Bloomsburg (among others).

He has some marquee D2 offers so I'd assume some D1 offers could surface now that NLI day has come and gone.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
        Last time I was in Indiana I grabbed lunch with a professor friend at Nap's. Pretty good!
        Its my favorite place for dinner when I visit. I sit at the bar and watch the cooking show. Really cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Bruno's would look exactly the same today ... kind if the charm of it, I suppose.

Coyne's down Wayne Ave ... I remember it.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Yup, Bruno's NEVER changes at all. Denny Della Penna is the host with the most. Fun guy.

Coyne's Pub was really an outstanding place way back in the day. Tommy Coyne was second to no one when it came to knowing how to run a good restaurant.
            Mr. Coyne came to our table to greet us and I remember him being impeccably dressed. My mom was impressed so that was a go to place for them.
            Last edited by IUPNation; 12-17-2020, 03:54 PM.

Comment

It's the charm of Bruno's for sure. It's like a time capsule.

The two most popular higher-end restaurants in Indiana now are Benjamin's and Naps. Right beside Naps is Josephine's, which is the 'trendy-hipster-yuppy' place in town. There are two Mexican restaurants on Philly Street now along with all the bars and pizza places. Brunzies is the more-upscale bar/restaurant. It has a city vibe to it and really packs the place -- some students but mostly the 25 and up crowd.

The Grapevine was forever the high-end restaurant in town. It moved several years ago out to Homer City. It still seems odd.

What many of us knew as Kangaroo's and later Boomerangs and later Boomies ... now has yet another name. It's a microbrewery. It just re-opened under the new scheme.

Twisted Jimmy's also closed for a re-brand. It has yet to re-open.

The Train Station closed for most of Covid and then re-opened early this month -- only to close again.

Comment

• What was Sgro's is now a somewhat fancy Itailian restaurant. It's tough to get in on weekends. They have a nice bar in there. Certainly not a college hang.

Comment

• I really think the unsung place on Philly St. is Spaghetti Benders.

It's no longer like many would remember it in the 90s. They've done extensive upgrades and really spruced up the menu. Good Italian and seafood. They do a nice bar business among the older crowd. It has a city vibe to it.

Comment

I really think the unsung place on Philly St. is Spaghetti Benders.

It's no longer like many would remember it in the 90s. They've done extensive upgrades and really spruced up the menu. Good Italian and seafood. They do a nice bar business among the older crowd. It has a city vibe to it.
                    Hope they got rid of the paper plates. Just from what I heard. I've never been there or to really hardly any of these modern places you all are mentioning.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Mr. Coyne came to our table to greet us and I remember him being impeccably dressed. My mom was impressed so that was a go to place for them.
                      Yup, absolutely. That was Tom. Always so well-mannered and well-dressed. A true gentleman. He ran quite a place.

Comment

• Saw a funny meme in the Twitter world today ... said something along the lines if you've ever been to IUPatties or IUP Homecoming .. you don't need to worry about what's in that vaccine.

Probably some truth in there. LOL.

Comment

IUP has offered DB Ayden Garnes (Monsignor Bonner). He also has offers from Grand Valley State and Bloomsburg (among others).

He has some marquee D2 offers so I'd assume some D1 offers could surface now that NLI day has come and gone.
                          I've seen him play a few times he is a legit D1 prospect just flew under the radar as a junior and if they played a full senior season he would have gotten high FCS offers. I believe they'll be some NEC/CAA/Patriot League schools offering in the next week or two to go with those D2 offers. Whoever gets him is getting a instant contributor.

Comment

• IUP has offered WR/TE Eric Benson (Pittsburgh Central Catholic).

He has a slew of D2 offers including Ship and #LIT-AF.

Comment

IUP has offered WR/TE Eric Benson (Pittsburgh Central Catholic).

He has a slew of D2 offers including Ship and #LIT-AF.
                              #LIT-AF would look good on a helmet. No doubt make Plays of the Week. LOL.

Comment

IUP has offered DB Ayden Garnes (Monsignor Bonner). He also has offers from Grand Valley State and Bloomsburg (among others).

Can you show me where you saw the GV offer?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X