Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two of the three who have been arrested in relation to the October murder near Carriage House are about to go on trial per today's Gazette.

The alleged triggerman is still at large.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Thought they weren't signing any high schoolers this year?
      Honestly, this deserves more attention. Did the situation change or was it competitive dishonesty by Lutz and his staff? I'm counting several offers on Twitter within DAYS of that PG article.

The Lustig/Bradford staff at Edinboro HATED the Rock staff. I imagine there would have been some colorful subtweets exchanged had this happened a few years earlier.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Honestly, this deserves more attention. Did the situation change or was it competitive dishonesty by Lutz and his staff? I'm counting several offers on Twitter within DAYS of that PG article.

The Lustig/Bradford staff at Edinboro HATED the Rock staff. I imagine there would have been some colorful subtweets exchanged had this happened a few years earlier.
        Things change. Perhaps a few current players decided to retire. Perhaps the staff made a few cuts. It could simply be the thought of passing a class would be devastating down the road.

If you ain't lying ... you ain't recruiting.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Well, guys from Philly don't hang in West Wheatfield Twp. very often. Lol. Think Dukes of Hazard type of a place.

Indiana (IUP) is a major account, per se, for the Philly drug trade.
          I'm envisioning a Witness sequel . . . with an Indiana County twist.

Comment

Well, guys from Philly don't hang in West Wheatfield Twp. very often. Lol. Think Dukes of Hazard type of a place.

Indiana (IUP) is a major account, per se, for the Philly drug trade.
            I guess it was a drug deal gone bad and Cletus whacked him...

Comment

• Twitter Official pledge to IUP

Micah Ulysse (WR, 6'1", 185 lbs)

Cocalico High (Adamstown, PA)

Looks like a strong, physical WR with nice speed/hands.

Ulysse makes 4 commits. Couple spots left.

Comment

• Not sure how the Fall 2021 schedule will play out ... will last year's schedule just carry over since it never happened?

If it doesn't ... here is IUP's FALL 2021 schedule as of today:

9/11 - Kutztown
                9/18 - Shepherd
                9/25 - @ Mercyhurst
                10/2 - #LIT-AF
                10/9 - @ Clarion
                10/16 - @ Slippery Rock
                10/23 - California
                10/30 - Edinboro
                11/6 - @ Seton Hill
                11/13 - @ West Chester (or PSAC Title game)

I'd say, much like last year's scheduled-but-never-happened lineup, IUP won't play a non-conference game. If they could get a creampuff to come to Miller ... I'd probably do it. Get a nice tune-up before a tough opening two games. With Kutz, Shep, SRU and Cal ... no reason to take on a big non-conf. game.

Comment

Not sure how the Fall 2021 schedule will play out ... will last year's schedule just carry over since it never happened?

9/11 - Kutztown
                  9/18 - Shepherd
                  9/25 - @ Mercyhurst
                  10/2 - #LIT-AF
                  10/9 - @ Clarion
                  10/16 - @ Slippery Rock
                  10/23 - California
                  10/30 - Edinboro
                  11/6 - @ Seton Hill

I'd say, much like last year's scheduled-but-never-happened lineup, IUP won't play a non-conference game. If they could get a creampuff to come to Miller ... I'd probably do it. Get a nice tune-up before a tough opening two games. With Kutz, Shep, SRU and Cal ... no reason to take on a big non-conf. game.
                  Ooh Edinboro coming to town on October 30. Sounds like I'll be treated to an extra dozen performances of Ghostbusters. The chair of the music department must have bought the rights from Ray Parker.

Comment

• Appears a name in the mix is Woodland Hills DB Eshawn Carter.

He previously committed to Saint Francis. Looks like it fell through. He has visited Notre Dame (OH) and IUP.

Comment

Not sure how the Fall 2021 schedule will play out ... will last year's schedule just carry over since it never happened?

9/11 - Kutztown
                      9/18 - Shepherd
                      9/25 - @ Mercyhurst
                      10/2 - #LIT-AF
                      10/9 - @ Clarion
                      10/16 - @ Slippery Rock
                      10/23 - California
                      10/30 - Edinboro
                      11/6 - @ Seton Hill

It's a pretty competitive schedule. I'm looking forward to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Ooh Edinboro coming to town on October 30. Sounds like I'll be treated to an extra dozen performances of Ghostbusters. The chair of the music department must have bought the rights from Ray Parker.
                        I more prefer his efforts from his time in Raydio in the 1970s and early 1980s and "I Still Can't Get Over Loving You." The latter was certainly the theme music (along with the Police's "Every Breath You Take") for stalkers everywhere. LOL.

Comment

9/11 - Kutztown
                          9/18 - Shepherd
                          9/25 - @ Mercyhurst
                          10/2 - #LIT-AF
                          10/9 - @ Clarion
                          10/16 - @ Slippery Rock
                          10/23 - California
                          10/30 - Edinboro
                          11/6 - @ Seton Hill

#LIT-AF = LMAO! I like how you've run with that into the years. LOL.

Maybe Shepherd could be referred to as Gap Tooth Slack Jaw USA.

Though I can't take credit for that one as it was coined by a fellow forum member who may not want the credit for it. LOL.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Though I can't take credit for that one as it was coined by a fellow forum member who may not want the credit for it. LOL.

I witnessed that brawl first-hand. Never should have happened but it did. The #LIT-AF name was coined more from the actual game than the after-party. They were getting curb-stomped in the first half and would celebrate a tackle ala the Miami Hurricanes of the 80s.

Obviously Miller Stadium isn't know for being loud. That was also a late-season game on a crappy weather Saturday. Cold and wet. Miller was very quiet. Game was over by halftime so you could hear everything. Lit this. Lit that. Boom Squad. Blah blah blah. By the time the brawl started, very few people were still in the stadium.

Then, of course, they got dirty in the second half. Freaking Ray Charles could've see a melee was coming. I'll never forget the officials all did about 4.4 forties off the field at the final bell even after #LIT-AF started crap on the final plays when IUP was just kneeling out the clock. The handshake line NEVER should have happened, and of course, the rest is history.

I remember it took a long time to break up. And, of course, the footage is lost to the secret vault underneath Memorial Field House. The game tape on PSAC On Demand naturally cuts out the second before it all starts.

The most comical thing looking back is they only suspended one player from each side. I'd love to know how the freak they determined who that one player was when there were 80 people involved. My guess is each team was told pick your last guy on the roster and he can't play next week. It never did come out who each team suspended. Probably redshirts. LOL.

Urban legend has it IUP got a little revenge the following year up in Erie -- and I don't mean the game. Story for another time.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Last edited by Fightingscot82; 01-28-2021, 11:30 AM. Reason: It was covered. Whoops

Comment

• Brookville High QB Jack Krug has announced his 'Final 4' ... because apparently that happens in D2 now, too.

Anyway ...

IUP, Cal, Clarion and Saint Francis.

Ship and Mercyhurst eliminated.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X