Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Can't confirm the ink is dry yet but this is a transfer to IUP from within the PSAC West.
    Kind of risky to do that considering if the NCAA doesn't expand scholarship limits at the FCS level there will be quite a few FCS to D2 transfers for 5th year seniors. Not to mention if he is a senior it'll only be 1 year and he'll have to compete with FCS transfers, C/o 2020 and 2021 recruits for playing time.

Comment

Can't confirm the ink is dry yet but this is a transfer to IUP from within the PSAC West.
      IUP was already loaded at RB. Who in the West would be better than what they had?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

IUP was already loaded at RB. Who in the West would be better than what they had?
        Maybe he could play another position.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

IUP can never be loaded at RB. Their RBs take a beating every year so they need to have a lot of depth at that position.

Comment

The only thing he'll be playing will be video games for the next several months...

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
              IUP can never be loaded at RB. Their RBs take a beating every year so they need to have a lot of depth at that position.

And, you never know who won't be coming back. Justice Evans is a senior this year and on pace to graduate. Maybe he doesn't stick around. Malik Anderson is getting up there (in college age). Same could go for him.

The Adam Houser era is coming. He'll have at least two seasons of being 'the guy' -- maybe three if Justice doesn't return.

Comment

Justice Evans is a senior this year and on pace to graduate. Maybe he doesn't stick around.
                Evans will be back for the next season., whenever that is He told me a few weeks ago that he wasn't sure if he would play in an abbreviated spring season or sit it out and play in the fall. Since he hasn't redshirted yet, he has that option. Either way, he isn't on track to graduate until December 2021 at the earliest.

http://www.indianagazette.com
                www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

And, you never know who won't be coming back. Justice Evans is a senior this year and on pace to graduate. Maybe he doesn't stick around. Malik Anderson is getting up there (in college age). Same could go for him.

The Adam Houser era is coming. He'll have at least two seasons of being 'the guy' -- maybe three if Justice doesn't return.
                  Don't forget Dayjure Stewart, the RB from Fork Union.

Not sure if D-II athletes will be given an extra year of eligibility. So I am not sure what will happen with Anderson. I know he was academically ineligible one season.

Justice never red-shirted, so I can see him coming back for a 5th season. He could possibly play the slot. :)

I wonder who is this PSAC West transfer......

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Kind of risky to do that considering if the NCAA doesn't expand scholarship limits at the FCS level there will be quite a few FCS to D2 transfers for 5th year seniors. Not to mention if he is a senior it'll only be 1 year and he'll have to compete with FCS transfers, C/o 2020 and 2021 recruits for playing time.
                    You make some very good points.

Comment

News of the odd variety out of Indiana ...

Two alligators (6' and 4') were stolen from Price's Pets.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Don't forget Dayjure Stewart, the RB from Fork Union.

Not sure if D-II athletes will be given an extra year of eligibility. So I am not sure what will happen with Anderson. I know he was academically ineligible one season.

Justice never red-shirted, so I can see him coming back for a 5th season. He could possibly play the slot. :)

I wonder who is this PSAC West transfer......
                        I think with their ruling that D1 football players can play this fall and spring and still retain that year of eligibility it's opened the can of worms and they'll have to approve the same measures for D2 football players. The difference is that the D1 schools have more money to retain kids an extra year on scholarship as opposed to D2 programs who will need to let 5th year seniors walk away due to having to cough up money for freshman recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

I think with their ruling that D1 football players can play this fall and spring and still retain that year of eligibility it's opened the can of worms and they'll have to approve the same measures for D2 football players. The difference is that the D1 schools have more money to retain kids an extra year on scholarship as opposed to D2 programs who will need to let 5th year seniors walk away due to having to cough up money for freshman recruits.
                          To an extent. You aren't going to let star seniors-to-be walk in favor of freshmen. You'd just take less freshmen. My theory, anyway.

Comment

It didn't take long for the slum section of the IUP campus (800 block of Wayne Ave) to make some headlines. First stabbing over the weekend (those involved were 20 and 23 years old). No official word if either were IUP students.

For those who haven't been back in years, the old 'Frat Row' (as most of us knew it) is largely gone. A lot of the slum frat houses were tore down. It seems most of the trouble simply moved further down the street. Several of the worst crimes near campus in the past 5 years have all come on the same block.

Comment

It didn't take long for the slum section of the IUP campus (800 block of Wayne Ave) to make some headlines. First stabbing over the weekend (those involved were 20 and 23 years old). No official word if either were IUP students.

For those who haven't been back in years, the old 'Frat Row' (as most of us knew it) is largely gone. A lot of the slum frat houses were tore down. It seems most of the trouble simply moved further down the street. Several of the worst crimes near campus in the past 5 years have all come on the same block.
                              Is that block closer to the KCAC than the old Frat Row or is it closer to Phila Street?

Comment

Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

Is that block closer to the KCAC than the old Frat Row or is it closer to Phila Street?
                                Down from old frat row near the KCAC.

Think the old Giant Eagle ... Uncle Sud's and McDonald's area.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X