Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

There's two left on what we'd call the old frat row. By IUP standards they are nicer ones. The others have kind of spread out -- which I think was the goal.

Seventh Street looks nicer now. It still gets a lot of activity being the main gateway from campus up to Philly Street. But, visually it's 100 times nicer than in the 80s and 90s.

Comment

I'm still lobbying for The Gingerbread Man to make a comeback.
      After college, when I first started working, I needed more income so I picked up a night job bartending at the G-Man. Oh fun times.
      http://www.indianagazette.com
      www.twitter.com/MattBurglund

Comment

The G-Man was a popular bar in the 80s and 90s. It was located in what you'd remember as Cozumel. They were famous for quarter Rolling Rock drafts a couple nights a week. More recently it was called Off the Rocks but that place has closed. It has a sign up now stating a Mexican Bar and Grill is soon opening (two on Philly).
        It's unfortunate that I am unable to make a trip or two back this fall. Safety career fair was canceled, and as such so is my two day trip to Indiana. My coworker who came with me last year loved it. We went to Brunzie's and Levity Brewing for dinner. Brunzie's opened, I think, my junior year. I have always enjoyed it. I have enjoyed Levity the 2-3 times I have been there as well. Very good food and huge portions. There have been a few nice restaurants open up in the area in the last few years.

I still think that the Hilton is missing a great opportunity to be a good pregame spot before a football game. They could get some nice traffic, you would think, for breakfast/brunch before a noon or 1:00 game.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

It's unfortunate that I am unable to make a trip or two back this fall. Safety career fair was canceled, and as such so is my two day trip to Indiana. My coworker who came with me last year loved it. We went to Brunzie's and Levity Brewing for dinner. Brunzie's opened, I think, my junior year. I have always enjoyed it. I have enjoyed Levity the 2-3 times I have been there as well. Very good food and huge portions. There have been a few nice restaurants open up in the area in the last few years.

I still think that the Hilton is missing a great opportunity to be a good pregame spot before a football game. They could get some nice traffic, you would think, for breakfast/brunch before a noon or 1:00 game.
          The Hilton does well before and after basketball games but, yeah, not much on football days. People love those $60 parking tailgate spots too much.

They were doing functions in the KCAC before football games but most said it wasn't worth the price.

Comment

The Hilton does well before and after basketball games but, yeah, not much on football days. People love those $60 parking tailgate spots too much.

They were doing functions in the KCAC before football games but most said it wasn't worth the price.
            Indiana is a good college town. Better than a lot of Division 1 areas. Having the opportunity to travel some for work, I've had the unique ability to see a bunch of different colleges. Indiana and IUP stacks up really well. I'm not talking about attendance, but it would be cool to see the town come more "alive" on a football Saturday. I always had visions of seeing Philly Street really popping. It probably could if the stadium was located more in that direction.

Regarding the KCAC, yeah that event sucks. You pay like 30 bucks to go inside. They have an Aramark buffet with hot dogs, salad, baked beans, pasta salad, and cookies. Does not include drinks. They have one person serving alcohol, but because it's only one person, it takes about 25 minutes to get through the line. Definitely don't recommend.

I really feel like some of those places could get really good play before games. Levity Brewing for sure. I think the Hilton too.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP24 View Post

I've never been to Levity but I've had their beer and its very good. The Haze Frehely was my favorite.

Comment

Nasty shooting at (near) IUP this morning. Updated article in the Trib.

Victim expected to survive.

Reports say party had about 250 at it when the shooting took place. The suspect fired 13-15 shots.
                Last edited by IUPbigINDIANS; 09-13-2020, 09:40 AM.

Comment

Nasty shooting at (near) IUP this morning. Updated article in the Trib.

Victim expected to survive.

Reports say party had about 250 at it when the shooting took place. The suspect fired 13-15 shots.
                  Rona and bullets!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Rona and bullets!
                    53 Covids, 1 shooting and 1 stabbing.

Not bad for Sept. 13.

Comment

Not bad for Sept. 13.
                      All good reasons for students to shelter in place. Stay home and study.

Comment

Not bad for Sept. 13.
                        What a dirt show! This is why we can't have anything nice!

Comment

Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

What a dirt show! This is why we can't have anything nice!
                          Some odd parts of that story.

That area is essentially like its own town. There are hundreds of townhomes there -- and it's a mix of college and locals.

How in the heck does a 250-person parking lot party (at 12:30am) not get the police called upon?

Comment

"At the scene, police say they uncovered several pieces of evidence, including 30 empty 9 mm casings ". That's two clips for crying out loud! Indiana on an in semester weekend night turning into the wild west?

Comment

Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
                              "At the scene, police say they uncovered several pieces of evidence, including 30 empty 9 mm casings ". That's two clips for crying out loud! Indiana on an in semester weekend night turning into the wild west?
                              I was thinking the same thing. You sure don't hear of many shootings were the second clip gets introduced.

Comment

I was thinking the same thing. You sure don't hear of many shootings were the second clip gets introduced.
                                Two shooters??? or multiple shooters with the same gun?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X