Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Anyone suspected of being present for a crime deserves to be shot if he runs? The DA never provided any evidence that Rose should have been a suspect before or after the Rosfeld trial. The DA had nothing but circumstantial evidence against the kid. No proof that Antwon Rose was the shooter. The actual evidence says a different gun was used. Rosfeld pulled over the car because it matched the description. A kid ran. Rosfeld never confirmed that the car or that the men inside were indeed involved. He could have chased them down. He could have fired a taser. Instead he initiated deadly force and killed a suspect. Video shows the driver firing a .40 cal. Rose was a passenger and had a .9mm. Also, the amount of gunpowder residue was also consistent with being shot, not necessarily with firing a gun. The Medical Examiner said just that:

Source: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...on-roses-hand/

In the end, it was proven in court that the video evidence was correct: the driver was the shooter. He was apprehended, charged, found guilty, and sentenced to 6 to 22 years. His name is Zaijuan Hester, not Antwon Rose.
    Source: https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/201908260090

This isn't Deadwood. Every MFer in this country is supposed to get a fair trial regardless of what they're accused of (Antwon Rose) or what they did several years ago (George Floyd). That's not some leftist opinion - its been in the US Constitution since 1791. Your opinion that the kid deserved to be killed isn't just anti-Constitution, its the attitude that's the problem: that lethal or extreme force is disproportionately used when African Americans are suspected of crimes. Police carry a tool belt that would make Batman jealous. Almost every copy carries pepper spray and a taser. But maybe they want to be Dirty Harry, not Good Cop.
    Look, I am actually sorry the kid got killed. But he was a participant in a drive-by shooting. The car matched the description and had bullet holes and maybe a shot out window in it (not sure on that). It was a felony stop. The kid took off and got capped for it. Maybe he should not have been involved in a drive-by shooting. I can't feel that all broken up over it. What if your family had been nearby when they sped past their target and opened fire and got hit? How would that make you feel? They did a really BAD thing.

I'm not an expert on the case---but wasn't the guy in the back seat doing the shooting on the video? The guy who was the intended target testified that Rose did fire at him as it was him that he had the squabble with. Just what I was reading.

But at any rate it is not in good taste at all for the Stillers to be wearing the name of a drive-by participant (whatever his role was) on their helmets.

-

Comment

Originally posted by IUPNation View Post
      I will not be shocked if the cop who murdered George Floyd walks free.
      I kind of doubt that he does. I would give that p rick 20 years for what he did to Floyd. It was plain murder.

Some cops are really great at what they do to protect and serve. And some are not so good at all.

-

Comment

Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

Anyone suspected of being present for a crime deserves to be shot if he runs? The DA never provided any evidence that Rose should have been a suspect before or after the Rosfeld trial. The DA had nothing but circumstantial evidence against the kid. No proof that Antwon Rose was the shooter. The actual evidence says a different gun was used. Rosfeld pulled over the car because it matched the description. A kid ran. Rosfeld never confirmed that the car or that the men inside were indeed involved. He could have chased them down. He could have fired a taser. Instead he initiated deadly force and killed a suspect. Video shows the driver firing a .40 cal. Rose was a passenger and had a .9mm. Also, the amount of gunpowder residue was also consistent with being shot, not necessarily with firing a gun. The Medical Examiner said just that:

Source: https://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2019...on-roses-hand/

In the end, it was proven in court that the video evidence was correct: the driver was the shooter. He was apprehended, charged, found guilty, and sentenced to 6 to 22 years. His name is Zaijuan Hester, not Antwon Rose.
        Source: https://www.post-gazette.com/news/cr...s/201908260090

This isn't Deadwood. Every MFer in this country is supposed to get a fair trial regardless of what they're accused of (Antwon Rose) or what they did several years ago (George Floyd). That's not some leftist opinion - its been in the US Constitution since 1791. Your opinion that the kid deserved to be killed isn't just anti-Constitution, its the attitude that's the problem: that lethal or extreme force is disproportionately used when African Americans are suspected of crimes. Police carry a tool belt that would make Batman jealous. Almost every copy carries pepper spray and a taser. But maybe they want to be Dirty Harry, not Good Cop.
        "Rosfeld never confirmed that the car or the men in it were indeed involved." That's some funny sh*t there! Guess he should have walked up to the car and asked the driver, excuse me sir, I couldn't help but notice the bullet holes and the fact that your car matches the description of one involved in a shooting. Were you and the guy who just bailed out of the car and ran away involved in that shooting? Oh, you weren't? OK, have a nice evening.

Wonder what the public reaction would be if Rosen would have let Rose flee into the night and then Rose, a man who was in a car used in a drive by shooting, had gone out the next night and killed someone?

Equally comical, he could have chased them down. He could have fired his taser.

"This isn't Deadwood." I would imagine that the two LA County Deputies that were ambushed and shot in the head over the weekend and the resulting laugh fest that ensued might beg to differ. I would imagine that all the other cops that have recently been assaulted, shot and killed by "peaceful protestors" might disagree as well.

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

"Rosfeld never confirmed that the car or the men in it were indeed involved." That's some funny sh*t there! Guess he should have walked up to the car and asked the driver, excuse me sir, I couldn't help but notice the bullet holes and the fact that your car matches the description of one involved in a shooting. Were you and the guy who just bailed out of the car and ran away involved in that shooting? Oh, you weren't? OK, have a nice evening.

Wonder what the public reaction would be if Rosen would have let Rose flee into the night and then Rose, a man who was in a car used in a drive by shooting, had gone out the next night and killed someone?

LMAO! Man, I think I nearly burst my lungs laughing at that.

Looked like Rose and his fleeing partner had at least 4.6 speed if not better. I doubt Rosefield could muster any better than 5.5. A rundown here was not an option.

If it's my community I like the police officer for dealing with something like this. Attempting to murder someone like those boys did is a pretty darn serious thing.

The thing to me is this-----if someone of color wants to do something with their lives then there is absolutely NO reason in the world why they can't. They could be a pro or college head coach, a doctor, a lawyer, a university president, heck even president of the United States. It's all been done before by people with their color of skin. And conversely--- If you want to go out and do drugs or cause problems or be belligerent at every turn of the road then don't go crying about it when you get your azz handed to you. That would seem simple enough. You can do anything that anyone else in this nation can do. End of discussion.

-

Comment

Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

"This isn't Deadwood." I would imagine that the two LA County Deputies that were ambushed and shot in the head over the weekend and the resulting laugh fest that ensued might beg to differ. I would imagine that all the other cops that have recently been assaulted, shot and killed by "peaceful protestors" might disagree as well.
            Not a law guru but had the victim of the drive-by actually been shot and killed ... all those in the car get charged with murder, correct?

The New Ken cop gave chase. Then the scum turned around and fired several shots ... killing him.

You could just not do a drive-by and avoid the whole situation. That simple notion seems to get lost in this whole discussion. If that's the choice you make ... the consequences likely aren't good. You're headed to the big house or taking a dirt nap in many cases.

Comment

Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

LMAO! Man, I think I nearly burst my lungs laughing at that.

Looked like Rose and his fleeing partner had at least 4.6 speed if not better. I doubt Rosefield could muster any better than 5.5. A rundown here was not an option.

If it's my community I like the police officer for dealing with something like this. Attempting to murder someone like those boys did is a pretty darn serious thing.

The thing to me is this-----if someone of color wants to do something with their lives then there is absolutely NO reason in the world why they can't. They could be a pro or college head coach, a doctor, a lawyer, a university president, heck even president of the United States. It's all been done before by people with their color of skin. And conversely--- If you want to go out and do drugs or cause problems or be belligerent at every turn of the road then don't go crying about it when you get your azz handed to you. That would seem simple enough. You can do anything that anyone else in this nation can do. End of discussion.

-
              As they say, hindsight is 20/20...BUUUTTT, police are judged on what they knew at the moment they pulled the trigger. So what did Rosfeld know? A vehicle fitting the description of the one he stopped was just involved in a drive-by shooting, the shots came from the passenger side of the vehicle, the car he stopped had bullet holes in it, and when the officer was cuffing the driver, the two passenger side occupants got out and sprinted away, actions consistent with individuals who were involved in the shooting. Like it or not, police are authorized to use deadly force when they are in fear of their life AND if they believe that the person fleeing felon who presents a continuing threat to do bodily harm to another person. Given the information available to Rosfeld at the moment he pulled the trigger, the shooing was justified. It should have never gone to trial but the presecutor bowed to community pressure...and a jury found the same thing.

I tell you what, running even a 5.5 forty would be a feat for anyone loaded down with 20+ pounds of police equipment!
              Last edited by boatcapt; 09-15-2020, 09:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Not a law guru but had the victim of the drive-by actually been shot and killed ... all those in the car get charged with murder, correct?

The New Ken cop gave chase. Then the scum turned around and fired several shots ... killing him.

You could just not do a drive-by and avoid the whole situation. That simple notion seems to get lost in this whole discussion. If that's the choice you make ... the consequences likely aren't good. You're headed to the big house or taking a dirt nap in many cases.
                Chances are about 100% that they all would have been charged with murder. It would be up to the defense to provide compelling evidence that he was an innocent and unknowing passenger. Probably would have been tough for the defense given Rose had an empty magazine in his pocket, one of the two weapons found in the vehicle had been stolen from Rose's place of employment and Rose had a beef with the person who was shot in the drive-by and had threatened to kill him.

The chase senario you give is the same as what happened in the Brooks shooting in Atlanta. Fleeing felon being chased by a police officer and the felon (who has just faught with two police officers and taken one of their weapons) turns and fires his weapon at the persuing officer who then shoots and kills him.
                Last edited by boatcapt; 09-15-2020, 09:59 PM.

Comment

I kind of doubt that he does. I would give that p rick 20 years for what he did to Floyd. It was plain murder.

Some cops are really great at what they do to protect and serve. And some are not so good at all.

-
                  Just based on the pubically available facts, I agree that it was murder. Baring any additional evidence that we don't know about (and I can't imagine any evidence that would be enough to make the officers acts justified), he should be held accountable and he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I do disagree with your characterization that SOME cops are really great...and SOME are not good at all. The VAST majority of cops fall into the great category while a VERY small number fall into the not good at all category.

Comment

-
                    The worst problem is that the good cops far too often stay silent on the behavior of the bad ones because if they speak out they get ostracized.

we need to demand better from PUBLIC SERVANTS who get paid by our tax money.

Comment

• Originally posted by boatcapt View Post

Just based on the pubically available facts, I agree that it was murder. Baring any additional evidence that we don't know about (and I can't imagine any evidence that would be enough to make the officers acts justified), he should be held accountable and he should be punished to the fullest extent of the law.

I do disagree with your characterization that SOME cops are really great...and SOME are not good at all. The VAST majority of cops fall into the great category while a VERY small number fall into the not good at all category.

Comment

• Many/most of the big city PD's are made up of a majority of minoritiy officers. For example...NYPD is made up of 57% minoritity officers, DC Metropolitan PD is 65% minority. Guess those minority officers are all conservatives, and therefore by your definition, automatically ricist?

Comment

Many/most of the big city PD's are made up of a majority of minoritiy officers. For example...NYPD is made up of 57% minoritity officers, DC Metropolitan PD is 65% minority. Guess those minority officers are all conservatives, and therefore by your definition, automatically ricist?
                          Eric Garner in New York was murdered by a white cop. The other cops on him were also white.

Many minority cops want to quit. I wonder they do.

In Philly the top cop is a woman of color but the white cops all listen to the triple jowled bigot who runs the FOP. He is beyond disgraceful.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Eric Garner in New York was murdered by a white cop. The other cops on him were also white.

Many minority cops want to quit. I wonder they do.

In Philly the top cop is a woman of color but the white cops all listen to the triple jowled bigot who runs the FOP. He is beyond disgraceful.
                            This is laughable but so very inline with liberal propaganda! According to liberal/socalist talking points:

1. White cops are ALL racists.
                            2. White cops target blacks for execution.
                            3. The only people that shoot and kill blacks are white cops.

As always...facts don't back up ANY of this so they are dismissed is irrellivent and the people that highlight them are summarily dismissed as "racist."

If minority cops want to quit, then they should. BIG difference between a person saying they want to quit their job and actually doing it. I "wanted to quit my job" at least 20 times over my 20 year career

If the Philly cops don't listen to the new comissioner, she should fire them for cause. If she is unwilling or unable to do that, she gets what she gets.

Comment

This is laughable but so very inline with liberal propaganda! According to liberal/socalist talking points:

1. White cops are ALL racists.
                              2. White cops target blacks for execution.
                              3. The only people that shoot and kill blacks are white cops.

As always...facts don't back up ANY of this so they are dismissed is irrellivent and the people that highlight them are summarily dismissed as "racist."

If minority cops want to quit, then they should. BIG difference between a person saying they want to quit their job and actually doing it. I "wanted to quit my job" at least 20 times over my 20 year career

If the Philly cops don't listen to the new comissioner, she should fire them for cause. If she is unwilling or unable to do that, she gets what she gets.

Comment

• You have previously said that all conservative whites are racists. Now you are saying that most white police are conservative. So if most white police conservatives then they must be racist right?

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X