Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

In case you guys wanted to watch that last drive one more time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJ1R...SYUbjBZGFKx7_U
    And best holiday wishes to you as well. LOL.

Joke of the day----Joe Biden has won over Michigan so many times now that he should be required to legally change his name to Ohio State!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

And best holiday wishes to you as well. LOL.

Joke of the day----Joe Biden has won over Michigan so many times now that he should be required to legally change his name to Ohio State!
      It was a great game! Happy Holidays to you as well.

Comment

• Five years ago today-----November 28, 2015 IUP wrapped up a successful season football season as Lenny Williams concluded his sensational freshman campaign in a playoff loss at Shepherd. No need for any video. It was a bit of strange game. Probably the play that most stands out was O-lineman Ethan Cooper scoring a TD on a blocked FG that seemed to draw a lot of controversy.

But the season was a good one as Lenny restored IUP QB play to an elite level and brought with him a lot of hope for the future of the program.

Comment

• Football article in the Gazette today.

Comment

• IG article below:

NOTES:https://www.indianagazette.com/sport...680874f73.html

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
              The player rehabing his injury was probably the best-kept secret in program history.

So ... if you find one positive to the 2020 sesson ... he wouldn't have played regardless.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

The player rehabing his injury was probably the best-kept secret in program history.

So ... if you find one positive to the 2020 sesson ... he wouldn't have played regardless.
                Every game college and pro has zero energy to them.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Every game college and pro has zero energy to them.
                  NFL seems okay for the most part. But strange year. We're just very lucky we got any football at all. Hats off to all the players, coaches, staff, refs, and everyone else who risked themselves and made a go of it this fall for their love of the game (or a big paycheck).

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

NFL seems okay for the most part. But strange year. We're just very lucky we got any football at all. Hats off to all the players, coaches, staff, refs, and everyone else who risked themselves and made a go of it this fall for their love of the game (or a big paycheck).
                    It just seems low energy to me. There is too much disruption with players out due to Rona or games being postponed or cancelled.

Every championship should have the * next to it....it's worse than winning one in a strike shortened season.

I mean St Joes Prep just won their third straight state title and played 4-5 games less than the team from York County that they systematically demolished. But it just doesn't seem as complete as a full season played.

I'm actually glad IUP's season was cancelled.

Comment

It just seems low energy to me. There is too much disruption with players out due to Rona or games being postponed or cancelled.

Every championship should have the * next to it....it's worse than winning one in a strike shortened season.

I mean St Joes Prep just won their third straight state title and played 4-5 games less than the team from York County that they systematically demolished. But it just doesn't seem as complete as a full season played.

Most of the state title games were a joke!

Comment

The atmospheres at the Northern schools have been pretty bad. Many schools in the South are letting in 10,000-ish to 20,000-ish fans so they are a little better to watch.

Would they be playing without mega TV deals? Probably not.

Personally, I've kind of found it neat to be able to hear everything.

We're seeing the factor the large D1 crowds play -- especially in basketball. There's been many mid-majors go in to historically loud arena's and win this year. Richmond just knocked off mighty Kentucky in Rupp Arena yesterday. Of course, you always want the Wildcats early in the season. Once all those 5-star freshmen gel together by January ...

Comment

• Cardboard fans can't cheer.

(Just my bit of wisdom this morning.)

Comment

• Got to admit, though, I am enjoying following the folly of a season for both Penn State and the Eagles. It's certainly better than nothing.

I've heard the Steelers are having a good season, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post
                              Got to admit, though, I am enjoying following the folly of a season for both Penn State and the Eagles. It's certainly better than nothing.

I've heard the Steelers are having a good season, too.

Comment

• One thing about Matt's recent article about IUP football that I do not quite get after giving things some thought is what Tort said about how program coffers saved some $27,000 by not having to travel to overnighters this fall to places like Gannon, Shepherd, and Kutztown. Well, those places are really not that far. Why can't the team just leave early in the morning of the day of the game and get to the opposing stadium with plenty of time for guys to get their legs, take a power nap or get some nutrition. I don't quite follow why you would need to stay overnight for these places.

Okay, I get it that it is not ideal to have your players sitting on a bus for a four or five hour bus ride----but it really wouldn't be that hard to work the logistics to avoid all of the superfluous expenses.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X