Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

He'll either double down on saying he's a "division 1 athlete" or he'll realize he's a big fish in an empty pond and transfer. He had a long list of suitors to choose from.
    I certainly realize SFU has some shortcomings in some people's eyes but I think some assumptions are being made about why athletes would go there. Maybe he liked the school. Maybe he thought their program was a good fit. Know what I'm sayin'?

I don't know - do they get a lot of players who transfer out? Is it worse than other schools? Is it worse than PSAC schools?

I know it seems crazy for a college-aged person to spend all that time in Loretto but I think they have decent retention. .

Comment

Crazy that 6-2 is now considered not tall enough.
      I'm surprised he didn't garnish FCS offers. It's plenty of 6-0 QB's at the FCS level.

Comment

Crazy that 6-2 is now considered not tall enough.

It will be an interesting Spring at IUP. There's still a QB battle taking place.

I just really hope whomever doesn't win the starting job doesn't leave. Javon Davis and Alex Ramart would probably both do really well but obviously there's only one starter. They are different style QBs -- Davis is a ripped 5'11" and 185 lbs. Super athlete. Ramart is more pocket passer with a rocket arm at 6'3" and 215 lbs.

Hate to say it as I'm not a fan of it but they are so different it could be possible both could play. Davis would likely run more of a "Lenny" offense while Ramart would be more a "Maxwell" system. The typical expression is having two QBs means you don't have one ... but that's not the case here. Tort has two.

Davis has three years left. Ramart has two.

Unfortunately what typically happens is one leaves after Spring Ball.

I'm interested to see what transfers appear. I would guess a WR, OL and few on the defensive side. There's a rumor floating of a D1 DL coming in as a grad transfer. Former teammate of a current player. Huge addition if they can sign him.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

It will be an interesting Spring at IUP. There's still a QB battle taking place.

I just really hope whomever doesn't win the starting job doesn't leave. Javon Davis and Alex Ramart would probably both do really well but obviously there's only one starter. They are different style QBs -- Davis is a ripped 5'11" and 185 lbs. Super athlete. Ramart is more pocket passer with a rocket arm at 6'3" and 215 lbs.

Hate to say it as I'm not a fan of it but they are so different it could be possible both could play. Davis would likely run more of a "Lenny" offense while Ramart would be more a "Maxwell" system. The typical expression is having two QBs means you don't have one ... but that's not the case here. Tort has two.

Davis has three years left. Ramart has two.

Unfortunately what typically happens is one leaves after Spring Ball.

I'm interested to see what transfers appear. I would guess a WR, OL and few on the defensive side. There's a rumor floating of a D1 DL coming in as a grad transfer. Former teammate of a current player. Huge addition if they can sign him.
          It's about time for a "Napoleon" system HAHA

Comment

It's about time for a "Napoleon" system HAHA
            As in a Bo Napoleon? You cold-hearted Scot, you!

Comment

• We are inching up on a big date to remember in the annals of IUP Football history here. Of course I am referencing the ten-year anniversary of the hiring of Curt Cignetti as head coach. I believe that it was formally announced on January 21, 2011 but word had broke on this forum the night before. That was certainly a very big deal for those who follow the program. He really did deliver the goods as he revitalized IUP football and gave the fans a large measure of hope, faith, and something to believe in. It was a very exciting time and it worked out quite well.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post
                We are inching up on a big date to remember in the annals of IUP Football history here. Of course I am referencing the ten-year anniversary of the hiring of Curt Cignetti as head coach. I believe that it was formally announced on January 21, 2011 but word had broke on this forum the night before. That was certainly a very big deal for those who follow the program. He really did deliver the goods as he revitalized IUP football and gave the fans a large measure of hope, faith, and something to believe in. It was a very exciting time and it worked out quite well.
                I'd say it worked very well for all those involved. IUP regained its footing as the program to beat. Curt proved that he could be a head coach. Dad's legacy wasn't eraced.

Comment

• Today is the big day. Will the Tiger King roam free?

Comment

• Terrance Glenn has gone Twitter Official ... he's a Crimson Hawk.

McKeesport
                    6'4", 220 lbs

No idea what position he'll play at IUP ... played QB, RB, WR, LB, TE, DB, etc., while at McKeesport.

He can fly for his size. This is a big 'get' for Tort.

Comment

Today is the big day. Will the Tiger King roam free?
                      Looks like the chances were as good as a new press box at Miller.

Comment

IUP has offered Norwin WR Connor Chrisman. He visited this weekend.

He has offers from about half of SR1.
                        Interesting ... Slippery Rock offered Chrisman today.

Comment

Interesting ... Slippery Rock offered Chrisman today.
                          Thought they weren't signing any high schoolers this year?

Comment

• IUP Tweeted today about having the most wins of any PSAC team since 2011 (Curt's first year).

But, hard to leave a year off the decade.

So, here's the decade in review (2010-2019):
                            PSAC WEST GAMES (regular season)
                            Seton Hill 7-0 (Streak - W7)
                            Mercyhurst 9-1 (Streak - W9)
                            Gannon / #LIT-AF 8-2 (Streak - W5
                            Slippery Rock 4-6 (Streak - L2)
                            California 4-6 (Streak - W1)
                            Edinboro 9-1 (Streak - W6)
                            Clarion 9-1 (Streak - W9)
                            Lock Haven 3-0 (moved to East 2013)
                            Crossover (all but NCAA playoffs) 24-6
                            Non-conference (regular season) 8-0
                            Playoffs 6-5
                            PSAC Titles 2 (2012 & 2017)
                            Home (all games) 49-12
                            Away (all games) 41-16
                            Decade notes:

* By record and accomplishments (Final Four), the 2017 team was the best team of the decade.

* Two bad years -- 2010 and 2014 (6-5 in each)

* Painful stat of the decade: The past 3 losses against Slippery Rock ... by a combined 7 points. Also, winless at Adamson.

* The final season of THE Lou Tepper (2010) was probably the lowest point of the program in ... well, a very long time.

* Toughest season to swallow: 2018 -- and, my opinion, it's not even close. I don't know what all went on behind the scenes that year, but it was more than we knew about on here.

* IUP owes a lot to Curt's relatively short stay in Indiana. He brought it back. Tort inherited a Ferrari in 2017 -- and added Max Redfield to it. By Tepper's last year, the program was becoming an afterthought.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

Thought they weren't signing any high schoolers this year?
                              Lutz blowing more smoke than a Carriage House apartment party.

Comment

Lutz blowing more smoke than a Carriage House apartment party.
                                LOL ... Snoop couldn't even claim that feat.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X