Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Long article in the Tribune-Review (Feb. 7)

Here's the first part:

Downside is that some big pieces of the that campaign went to facilities. I have no problem with the gifts - its rare that alumni give big money to schools like PASSHE and almost never unrestricted (school's discretion) or for scholarships that don't go to Little Lewbowskis. Gotta find ways to cut cost to students and in ways reduce debt. That extra $5k to attend the pretty private school adds up - and should be IUP's (our) selling point.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPMonk View Post
      I think you do more by 8Am then the Marines do by 9Am. Tort should send a few guys your way to see of they could keep up with you. I bet they'd tap out of chores by noon. Heck, IUP should offer a 3 credit course called "rural choring" and assign the students to you.
      LOL. Better send them out soon before my back and knees completely go out on me.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

LOL. Better send them out soon before my back and knees completely go out on me.
        You can move to the big city. IUP will probably be renting dorm rooms to locals soon enough.

Comment

You can move to the big city. IUP will probably be renting dorm rooms to locals soon enough.
          Can I act like John Belushi from Animal House?

Did I hear that they are closing Long John Silver in Indiana? Sounds like a Popeye's is coming in place of it.

Comment

Did I hear that they are closing Long John Silver in Indiana? Sounds like a Popeye's is coming in place of it.
            I'm shocked Long John's still exist.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm shocked Long John's still exist.
              It's nice to have as takeout every now and then. You wouldn't want to eat that stuff too often unless you want to be a candidate for bypass surgery.

There was an article in the local edition the other day about Popeye's taking over the building but it wasn't clear if it meant Long John's was definitively gone for good.

Comment

Another chain not seen in this area....

Comment

• They all disappeared from Pittsburgh, not that I ever went.

Comment

It's nice to have as takeout every now and then. You wouldn't want to eat that stuff too often unless you want to be a candidate for bypass surgery.

There was an article in the local edition the other day about Popeye's taking over the building but it wasn't clear if it meant Long John's was definitively gone for good.
                    I'd guess LJS is leaving. They already shared that building with A&W (burgers, shakes).

Long John's is good but yeah it would kill ya. Popeye's is equally bad. Lol.

Comment

I'd guess LJS is leaving. They already shared that building with A&W (burgers, shakes).

Long John's is good but yeah it would kill ya. Popeye's is equally bad. Lol.
                      I don't eat either so it doesn't matter to me.

Comment

• Something missing from nearly all of our college towns that you typically see in more prosperous ones is upscale fast food that's typically not franchised and not easily replicated by a local. Things like Starbucks, Chipotle, ChickFilA (they're franchised), etc. These are to college students what Applebee's and Cracker Barrel are to boomers. They also hire young people, pay relatively well, and tend to have some relatively decent benefits for 19 and 20 year olds.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                          Something missing from nearly all of our college towns that you typically see in more prosperous ones is upscale fast food that's typically not franchised and not easily replicated by a local. Things like Starbucks, Chipotle, ChickFilA (they're franchised), etc. These are to college students what Applebee's and Cracker Barrel are to boomers. They also hire young people, pay relatively well, and tend to have some relatively decent benefits for 19 and 20 year olds.
                          Are you saying Starbucks and Chickfila are upscale fast food, even though they are franchised? Bloom's campus has both, and there was also a Starbucks in town, but closed when the campus opened their own.

Comment

Something missing from nearly all of our college towns that you typically see in more prosperous ones is upscale fast food that's typically not franchised and not easily replicated by a local. Things like Starbucks, Chipotle, ChickFilA (they're franchised), etc. These are to college students what Applebee's and Cracker Barrel are to boomers. They also hire young people, pay relatively well, and tend to have some relatively decent benefits for 19 and 20 year olds.
                            Quick google search shows all 3 of those at IUP. Starbucks in the little shopping center on campus and outside of Indiana Mall. Chick-fil-A in the HUB and Foster Dining Hall. Chipotle on Oakland Ave. Are you saying independent places other than those?

Comment

• Didn't know Indiana has a Chipotle. Franchises in the Student Center don't count. They're not in the town nor are they the same. People without a meal plan generally don't eat there. Similarly, a Starbucks in a Target doesn't attract customers the way a standalone location does.

Comment

Didn't know Indiana has a Chipotle. Franchises in the Student Center don't count. They're not in the town nor are they the same. People without a meal plan generally don't eat there. Similarly, a Starbucks in a Target doesn't attract customers the way a standalone location does.
                                Indiana has a stand-alone Starbucks ... and it attracts every yuppie around.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X