Collapse

Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Word around Miller Stadium is this QB race is pretty tight.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
      Alderson Broaddus is looking for a Week 1 game. There's the cupcake game if IUP wants a tune-up prior to Kutztown and Shepherd.
      Takes 2 to Tango, why would AB travel 3 hours pay for lodging/ food to get wacked. They lost a spring football MEC game last week by 50 i believe so they must be awful.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Takes 2 to Tango, why would AB travel 3 hours pay for lodging/ food to get wacked. They lost a spring football MEC game last week by 50 i believe so they must be awful.
        They drove to RMU a few years ago with no guarantee and left with a W.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP412 View Post

Three hours isn't a bad bus ride. I doubt they'd even spend the night.

I realize a trip here isn't real appealing to most teams so as you said it would take two to tango.

I'd love to see it happen. Get those opening week blunders and jitters out of the way rather than go through them against two strong teams. You can only do so much in practice. Ideally the game is over at halftime and turn it into a JV game. Good for the starters and the bench.

Comment

• Baseball just got clobbered 4 straight vs Cal

That's 1-15 (streak L15)

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
              Baseball just got clobbered 4 straight vs Cal

That's 1-15 (streak L15)
              They still stink!

Comment

• Spoke with Tiffin Univ AD over the weekend, said TU is still open week 1 this fall. He has been trying to schedule IUP but IUP will not play them this fall even though they are open. TU will be really good this fall, looks like you are ducking them.

Comment

• Originally posted by GLIAC Fan View Post
                  Spoke with Tiffin Univ AD over the weekend, said TU is still open week 1 this fall. He has been trying to schedule IUP but IUP will not play them this fall even though they are open. TU will be really good this fall, looks like you are ducking them.
                  That's funny!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

That's funny!!!
                    I mean you guys are all on record here saying that Tort won't play a challenging game in week 1 because of how front loaded the schedule is. Perhaps they are ducking them.

Comment

• Can't play a tough team because that loss might hurt the playoff hopes, so they need to find a cupcake.

Cupcakes are offered but they're SOS anchors and might hurt the playoff hopes, so they'll just sit around and play with themselves that weekend.

Imagine Lombardi settling for only a PSAC schedule. Wouldn't happen. The excuses are funny. Might lose. SOS anchor. Nothing to gain. Can't risk injuries. The only one I'll ever believe is trying to save money.
                      Last edited by Fightingscot82; 04-05-2021, 06:38 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post
                        Can't play a tough team because that loss might hurt the playoff hopes, so they need to find a cupcake.

Cupcakes are offered but they're SOS anchors and might hurt the playoff hopes, so they'll just sit around and play with themselves that weekend.

Imagine Lombardi settling for only a PSAC schedule. Wouldn't happen. The excuses are funny. Might lose. SOS anchor. Nothing to gain. Can't risk injuries. The only one I'll ever believe is trying to save money.
                        We'll have a better perspective on all this come mid-November.

Comment

• Originally posted by iupgroundhog View Post

We'll have a better perspective on all this come mid-November.
                          I certainly used it as an opportunity to tease IUP a bit, but its somewhat universal. There's always an excuse from any coach when they don't get an 11th game scheduled. I imagine some are valid but in my opinion you're shortchanging your players and fans. For some reason we talk about this with IUP a lot more often than others.

Comment

I certainly used it as an opportunity to tease IUP a bit, but its somewhat universal. There's always an excuse from any coach when they don't get an 11th game scheduled. I imagine some are valid but in my opinion you're shortchanging your players and fans. For some reason we talk about this with IUP a lot more often than others.
                            IUP is a program that places a high value on the post=season. So, scheduling an eleventh game has a lot of significance due to SOS. Note that when their crossover games were with low echelon programs from the East they always went out and scheduled a tough non-conference game.

Comment

After most programs are already facing a numbers crunch one would think that all schools regardless of post season aspirations would jump at the chance to add an home game to the schedule to generate some money. If this ends up being a 8-2 or 7-3 season with no post season invite that 11th game may be revisited going forward.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

After most programs are already facing a numbers crunch one would think that all schools regardless of post season aspirations would jump at the chance to add an home game to the schedule to generate some money. If this ends up being a 8-2 or 7-3 season with no post season invite that 11th game may be revisited going forward.
                                I've been around long enough to remember when that's happened. It's addressed. then 5-7 years later here we are again.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X