• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post
    Baseball swept by UPJ today.

That's 1-16.

Streak: L16

I get IUP is a 'revenue sport' school ... but, this is embarrassing.
    Embarrassing is being polite.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

Northwest Misery can use state money for sports. They most likely spend on foosball what the entire Pee Sack West spends collectively.
      This is why IUP will never compete nationally! PA doesn't believe in sports at schools.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

This is why IUP will never compete nationally! PA doesn't believe in sports at schools.

Comment

• BINGO!!!

Comment

Baseball swept by UPJ today.

That's 1-16.

Streak: L16

I get IUP is a 'revenue sport' school ... but, this is embarrassing.
            The Golf Team won its 30th Pee Sack title.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPNation View Post

The Golf Team won its 30th Pee Sack title.
              IUP Golf has become a dynasty. The program is on a really epic run. I'd have to think based on PSAC titles they are the most dominant team in the PSAC the past 20 years -- any sport.

They also have a monster recruit signed for next year. This is a kid who easily could have gone D1 (or tried to break in to the pro ranks).

Comment

IUP Golf has become a dynasty. The program is on a really epic run. I'd have to think based on PSAC titles they are the most dominant team in the PSAC the past 20 years -- any sport.

They also have a monster recruit signed for next year. This is a kid who easily could have gone D1 (or tried to break in to the pro ranks).
                Might have to recruit him for a couple scrambles. lol

Comment

• Looking at the schedule a bit closer ...

Breaking it down in two-game segments:

1: Kutztown and Shepherd - Both at Miller Stadium. Very difficult start. Both have won here in the past and both will be strong this Fall.

2: The Erie duo. Week 3 is at Mercyhurst and then the #LIT-AF visit. The trip to Mercyhurst in Week 3 certainly has trap game potential coming off two big ones.

3: Two week road-trip: at Clarion and at SRU ... Clarion has been somewhat tough at home. We know what the trip to SRU is like.

4. Two week home-stand: California and Edinboro ... I guess it's a PSAC rule IUP must play SRU and Cal back-to-back every year.

5. Trip to Greensburg and then the regular season finale will be either the State Game or a trip to West Chester.

They have to get out of Segment No. 1 -- at minimum -- 1-1. An 0-2 start (it's possible) would be disastrous. They go 2-0, well, a special season could be lining up. IUP will be favored in Games 3-5. SRU in Week 6 will be a crapshoot as usual. They must be looking Sweep in Segment 4. Cal will be tough as always but the home team usually wins. The trip to Seton Hill in Week 9 should be a recovery week. Game 10 will be challenging either way.

Tough season to predict. Very tough schedule. Three of the big four games are in Indiana. I don't know how much that actually helps. The trip to SRU in mid-October will be one of those 9,500 crowds. Hard to take a guess until we see the final roster.

Comment

• If IUP starts 0-2, they have to run the table to have a shot at the playoffs - and therefore put them in the State Game in week 11 most likely against one of those first two teams.

FWIW, the Slippery Rock game is Rock homecoming. 9,500 indeed. I imagine homecoming weekends everywhere are going to be crazy this year. I'll most likely watch that one on the tube.

Comment

Looking at the schedule a bit closer ...

Breaking it down in two-game segments:

1: Kutztown and Shepherd - Both at Miller Stadium. Very difficult start. Both have won here in the past and both will be strong this Fall.

2: The Erie duo. Week 3 is at Mercyhurst and then the #LIT-AF visit. The trip to Mercyhurst in Week 3 certainly has trap game potential coming off two big ones.

3: Two week road-trip: at Clarion and at SRU ... Clarion has been somewhat tough at home. We know what the trip to SRU is like.

4. Two week home-stand: California and Edinboro ... I guess it's a PSAC rule IUP must play SRU and Cal back-to-back every year.

5. Trip to Greensburg and then the regular season finale will be either the State Game or a trip to West Chester.

They have to get out of Segment No. 1 -- at minimum -- 1-1. An 0-2 start (it's possible) would be disastrous. They go 2-0, well, a special season could be lining up. IUP will be favored in Games 3-5. SRU in Week 6 will be a crapshoot as usual. They must be looking Sweep in Segment 4. Cal will be tough as always but the home team usually wins. The trip to Seton Hill in Week 9 should be a recovery week. Game 10 will be challenging either way.

Tough season to predict. Very tough schedule. Three of the big four games are in Indiana. I don't know how much that actually helps. The trip to SRU in mid-October will be one of those 9,500 crowds. Hard to take a guess until we see the final roster.
                      Shepherd's first 4 is a tough one too. 3 straight road games to start the season at Ohio Dominican, at Gannon, at IUP. Then finally a home game against Kutztown in game 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ram040506 View Post

Shepherd's first 4 is a tough one too. 3 straight road games to start the season at Ohio Dominican, at Gannon, at IUP. Then finally a home game against Kutztown in game 4.
                        No doubt.

Comment

• Per Jack's radio report Irv Charles returned to practice after what must have been a minor foot injury this past Friday.

Name slips me but it sounds like they did take a serious injury on the OL (non-starter). Jack reported he was carted off.

Comment

• Carrying over from the Shep/Mercy thread (IUP posters never hijack threads) ...

Rock did pull out some games in '19. Rivers Played big in big moments. No doubt.

His two wins against IUP were by 6 points combined. Hard to swallow on this side.

Both games IUP got curb-stomped in the first half before flipping the script.

Tort's teams have been slow starters for the most part. I wonder why that is.

But, you can't come out flat in front of a drunk, rowdy crowd of 10,000 up there again this Fall.

Comebacks are great and exciting but the end result was still 0-2. The game at Miller in '18 ... IUP had them dead in the water at the end and Rivers converted that 4th and 8 or whatever it was with like a minute left.

Comment

• Nice article in the IG today by Matt on Irvin Charles.

Quotable:

"If they double-team Duane (Brown), they've got to worry about me," he said. "I have size; I have speed. I can pretty much do it all. They'll have to decide how to handle us."

... not to mention an all-conference TE and a stable to stud RBs.

It should be a fun offense to watch. Tort hasn't seemed thrilled with his QBs, however. That could be some classic coach-speak. Or, he may have a problem.

Need some DLs. Priority One at this point.

Comment

Nice article in the IG today by Matt on Irvin Charles.

Quotable:

"If they double-team Duane (Brown), they've got to worry about me," he said. "I have size; I have speed. I can pretty much do it all. They'll have to decide how to handle us."

... not to mention an all-conference TE and a stable to stud RBs.

It should be a fun offense to watch. Tort hasn't seemed thrilled with his QBs, however. That could be some classic coach-speak. Or, he may have a problem.

Need some DLs. Priority One at this point.
                                I'm hoping it is coach speak with these QBs but if it isn't, he better go get one. You can have all the weapons in the world but if you can't get them the ball then they are worthless. DL is a must... Tort has to find a couple or they will get gashed weekly..

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X