Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm hoping it is coach speak with these QBs but if it isn't, he better go get one. You can have all the weapons in the world but if you can't get them the ball then they are worthless. DL is a must... Tort has to find a couple or they will get gashed weekly..
    Yeah. I'm hoping he's just playing it coy on the QB front. Irv and Duane will provide quite the combo to prep for on game week. Add to it a couple smaller, burner types at WR.

I do like the backfield makeup entering this year. They have a nice combination of size and power. Houser got all jacked up since most of you have seen him last. He's a big dude. Justice is so quick, shifty and hard to see. They should compliment each other well. There's another one that most don't know of yet on the roster. He may be pretty special, too.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Yeah. I'm hoping he's just playing it coy on the QB front. Irv and Duane will provide quite the combo to prep for on game week. Add to it a couple smaller, burner types at WR.

I do like the backfield makeup entering this year. They have a nice combination of size and power. Houser got all jacked up since most of you have seen him last. He's a big dude. Justice is so quick, shifty and hard to see. They should compliment each other well. There's another one that most don't know of yet on the roster. He may be pretty special, too.
      The downplaying of the QB's could just be a motivational technique. We won't know how good they are until the games start.

Comment

Malik Anderson is still on the team, correct?

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoNuff View Post

Malik Anderson is still on the team, correct?
          Heard a rumor they are contemplating moving him to the slot.

Only so many carries.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPalum View Post

I'm hoping it is coach speak with these QBs but if it isn't, he better go get one. You can have all the weapons in the world but if you can't get them the ball then they are worthless. DL is a must... Tort has to find a couple or they will get gashed weekly..
            Sort of how it was in that dismal 2014 season when IUP fab boy alum had to have his son as the starting QB. There were some great weapons to throw to like Carswell and DeCicco but.......(falls to the floor and muttering into the carpet).

Regarding Irv Charles----I think that a lot of IUP fans are still highly skeptical of believing that he even truly exists. He sounds like that Fountain of Youth that Ponce de Leon once talked about.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUP CRIMSON HAWKS View Post

Sort of how it was in that dismal 2014 season when IUP fab boy alum had to have his son as the starting QB. There were some great weapons to throw to like Carswell and DeCicco but.......(falls to the floor and muttering into the carpet).

Regarding Irv Charles----I think that a lot of IUP fans are still highly skeptical of believing that he even truly exists. He sounds like that Fountain of Youth that Ponce de Leon once talked about.
              Irv's 40 time will be down to 3.1 seconds by Week 1 game week. Dude is becoming like the IUP version of Chuck Norris.

Comment

Irv's 40 time will be down to 3.1 seconds by Week 1 game week. Dude is becoming like the IUP version of Chuck Norris.
                Don't forget that Chuck Norris has posted on this site for quite a few years now.

Irv Charles is nearly 8-foot tall and has a 42-foot vertical jump.

Comment

Heard a rumor they are contemplating moving him to the slot.

Only so many carries.
                  I figured Anderson would probably move to Receiver due to the development of Houser and Dayjure Stewart. Whoever becomes the starting QB will have a ton of playmakers around him.

Comment

well that, and the huge number of freshman playing. not much of a running game, and a inexperienced defensive secondary.

Comment

• Originally posted by ironmaniup View Post

well that, and the huge number of freshman playing. not much of a running game, and a inexperienced defensive secondary.
                      The saving grace to that miserable year was those freshmen played a huge role on the 2017 team.

Comment

And the QB that the coaching staff went with turned the ball over almost constantly. At least when they went with $tockett in the final game against a very talented West Chest team the game was at least properly managed by the QB without a turnover every minute and IUP actually hung tough for a while against a top 20 team. Had the idiot coaching staff actually gone with him earlier and let him get acclimated you may have had a much better thing at the QB position or at least sans all the constant turnovers that killed that team.

Comment

The saving grace to that miserable year was those freshmen played a huge role on the 2017 team.
                          And don't forget the next year of 2015 which was such a breath of fresh air with the advent of the dynamic Lenny. That was a fantastic season and one that was very enjoyable. I wonder if the IUP fab boy alum even went to any of the games with his boy wonder on the bench where he belonged. Hell, Curt would call a timeout every time in the playoff game against Shepherd when Lenny kept getting his helmet ripped off instead of putting the other guy in there. Remember earlier in the season when he put him in down near the goal line so Daddy Warbucks could get some gravy with a score. Well, first pass was an INT. And that was very thankfully the end of all of that once and for all.

Comment

And the QB that the coaching staff went with turned the ball over almost constantly. At least when they went with $tockett in the final game against a very talented West Chest team the game was at least properly managed by the QB without a turnover every minute and IUP actually hung tough for a while against a top 20 team. Had the idiot coaching staff actually gone with him earlier and let him get acclimated you may have had a much better thing at the QB position or at least sans all the constant turnovers that killed that team.
                            Stockett wasn't any good, you might want to check the box score from the WCU game. Stockett - 3-9, 48 yds, 32 of which were to a wide open DeCicco that any HS kid could have thrown ( and he almost blew it) Hazlett 14-19 147 yds in the 2nd half. Probably would have been closer had Curt not given stockett his chance. Curt took a chance with Hazlett, it didn't pay off, but there was nothing wrong with doing it.

Comment

Stockett wasn't any good, you might want to check the box score from the WCU game. Stockett - 3-9, 48 yds, 32 of which were to a wide open DeCicco that any HS kid could have thrown ( and he almost blew it) Hazlett 14-19 147 yds in the 2nd half. Probably would have been closer had Curt not given stockett his chance. Curt took a chance with Hazlett, it didn't pay off, but there was nothing wrong with doing it.
                              You're not in the spirit of the forum-----$tockett was money. He actually was a good QB but he did nothing but regress and regress under Curt's tutelege. He was a big arm mobile QB who played like Big Ben. His McKeesport tape bears this out. He did impress greatly with his physical skills in the first spring scrimmage in 2014.Curt seemed to want to restrict him to being a system QB which was not what he was about. He needed freedom to improvise. Think of what happened to Kordell Stewart and how he regressed when the Stillers brought in Ray Sherman as OC to make him a pocket QB. It was not his game and the results were an utter disaster. $tockett started later on at Urbana and did well enough there. He at least had the physical prowess to play the position.

Regarding the WCU game in 2014----it was imperative that Curt give $tockett that opportunity. The other guy had clearly flamed out rather badly and it was quite obvious that IUP had absolutely no future with him. A few things that you are not taking into account are that $tockett faced a top 20 defense in regular mode. Okay, he did not do great but he also did not turn the ball over either which was the trademark of the other guy. IUP remained in the game as a result of that. I believe that a special teams breakdown (PR) broke the game open for a very good Rams team. The other guy came in more in garbage time when WCU was in more prevent and he had that crazy pinball completion that bounced off of an IUP WR and a WCU DB or two before being caught by Salath on the other side of the field. A play or two later was the customary INT and that was when I left, never to come back. I had seen enough. The other guy was clearly not IUP QB material and was only there because of his rich alum father who paid for his spot on the team with a large donation. But hey, look on the bright side----maybe that money helped pay for Lenny's scholarship. The other guy should have played for Lock Haven or Seton Hill. He probably would have done well enough there. It wasn't fair for him to be placed in that situation to begin with.

Comment

Someone is drinking the juice!

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X