Support The Site!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by champgymusa View Post

Yep...fair enough...too bad would have been fun to play at your place...
    Grand Valley at IUP on Saturday would have been awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by IUPbigINDIANS View Post

Comment

With all due respect, IUP at Grand Valley would have been more awesome. That's probably the closest IUP will get to a D1 atmosphere.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fightingscot82 View Post

With all due respect, IUP at Grand Valley would have been more awesome. That's probably the closest IUP will get to a D1 atmosphere.
          Wouldn't have been more awesome to me. I can't stand watching games online.

They could play at Indiana High School. Of course, IHS probably has a nicer stadium than IUP.

Comment

Wouldn't have been more awesome to me. I can't stand watching games online.

They could play at Indiana High School. Of course, IHS probably has a nicer stadium than IUP.
            Speaking of, check this stuff out https://www.lr.edu/give/moretz-stadium

Comment

Speaking of, check this stuff out https://www.lr.edu/give/moretz-stadium
              Wow that's a beautiful stadium. Why can't any of our schools find a way to build a stadium like this. IUP/Cal found ways to dump 50+ million into their basketball arenas lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

Wow that's a beautiful stadium. Why can't any of our schools find a way to build a stadium like this. IUP/Cal found ways to dump 50+ million into their basketball arenas lol.
                Basketball arena's can generate money year-round. Yes, they have a basketball court. But, they also host large concerts, conventions, etc.

Comment

• Originally posted by shipfbfan1 View Post

A lot of these projects come from a football crazy alum who is also making the lead gift. Plus private schools can use money however they want. Ours spend about 20% more on personnel costs so I don't want to say that gives private schools more discretionary spending, but its easier for them to sell it as a campus asset (similar to the Cal & IUP arenas). In our climate up here, it would have to be 100% externally funded to avoid APSCUF flipping out. Every project on our campuses is always met with "why aren't they spending that money on X?"

Comment

A lot of these projects come from a football crazy alum who is also making the lead gift. Plus private schools can use money however they want. Ours spend about 20% more on personnel costs so I don't want to say that gives private schools more discretionary spending, but its easier for them to sell it as a campus asset (similar to the Cal & IUP arenas). In our climate up here, it would have to be 100% externally funded to avoid APSCUF flipping out. Every project on our campuses is always met with "why aren't they spending that money on X?"
                    When it comes to PSAC football ... the proof is in the pudding. Shepherd has the nicest stadium (by far) ... but, as you say, they aren't part of the PASSHE.

Of our privates, I do like Mercyhurst's stadium, but ... it's nothing special. The other two -- Gannon and Seton Hill -- well, are pretty much awful. Gannon may have the worst venue in the whole league.

As for the rest of the publics ... at best they are all glorified big-school, high school stadiums. There are many, many WPIAL stadiums way nicer than ours.

As you eluded, building a stadium like the one in the link would be extremely hard to justify. If you're lucky, you get, what, 7 home games a year? Granted, I realize other sports play there but they draw zero crowd and, most importantly, zero coin.

The KCAC was a far better choice for IUP -- my opinion -- than a new football stadium. It just touches way more bases. That's not even to mention that Joe has probably passed the football program as the premier sport on campus. I'm not saying IUP is a 'basketball school' but there is no question which program has been more successful the past 15 years.

Miller Stadium obviously could use some major, major upgrades. But, there's no chance IUP is dumping $100m into a new football stadium unless some whale emerges and pays for half of it.

As we've all said for years: New perimeter fencing (no more chainlink), fix the ugly concrete on the Field House side, and, well, the home side needs a total replacement.

Comment

• That was me. And I was doing nothing but trolling people. Not at one point in my multiple posts months back about a "December type of roster" did I have an ounce of seriousness to it. Lol

Comment

• Took some key items out of Matt's scrimmage report.

* Duane Brown was pretty active ... sweeps and punt returns. That's enough. LOL. He doesn't need any more punt returns in camp. In fact, I wouldn't even let him dress if there is another scrimmage. Time to go NFL-style final preseason game.

* Dylan Grubbs put all four kickoffs in to the endzone for touchbacks. That is something under the radar but so important. Not only do you eliminate the return, but if history repeats itself, it keeps IUP's "LIT AF" crew from getting tons of penalties on kickoff coverage. The 2018 kickoff coverage crew may have lead the country in stupid personal fouls. Also, not to mention, he may be an All-America level punter. Having a 6'4" Punter who can literally flip the field is so valuable.

* Sounds like our new WR transfer can now participate in full contact drills. He had to sit through the acclimation period after first joining the team.

Comment

When it comes to PSAC football ... the proof is in the pudding. Shepherd has the nicest stadium (by far) ... but, as you say, they aren't part of the PASSHE.

Of our privates, I do like Mercyhurst's stadium, but ... it's nothing special. The other two -- Gannon and Seton Hill -- well, are pretty much awful. Gannon may have the worst venue in the whole league.

As for the rest of the publics ... at best they are all glorified big-school, high school stadiums. There are many, many WPIAL stadiums way nicer than ours.

As you eluded, building a stadium like the one in the link would be extremely hard to justify. If you're lucky, you get, what, 7 home games a year? Granted, I realize other sports play there but they draw zero crowd and, most importantly, zero coin.

The KCAC was a far better choice for IUP -- my opinion -- than a new football stadium. It just touches way more bases. That's not even to mention that Joe has probably passed the football program as the premier sport on campus. I'm not saying IUP is a 'basketball school' but there is no question which program has been more successful the past 15 years.

Miller Stadium obviously could use some major, major upgrades. But, there's no chance IUP is dumping $100m into a new football stadium unless some whale emerges and pays for half of it.

As we've all said for years: New perimeter fencing (no more chainlink), fix the ugly concrete on the Field House side, and, well, the home side needs a total replacement.
                          I think even then you're at like $40M. And that doesn't happen unless there's a big time donor steadfast on giving the money for that purpose. They almost have to convince the school to do it.

Play the PowerBall folks :D

Comment

I think even then you're at like $40M. And that doesn't happen unless there's a big time donor steadfast on giving the money for that purpose. They almost have to convince the school to do it.

Play the PowerBall folks :D
                            Well, they really need to hope no code inspectors sit on the home side. That pressbox would be ordered torn down immediately.

Comment

Well, they really need to hope no code inspectors sit on the home side. That pressbox would be ordered torn down immediately.
                              A new home side with a proper box setup (corporate, president, press, and coordinators) would do so much for IUP football off the field.

Comment

• Last edited by IUPNation; 09-01-2021, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Ad3

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X